• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

PC/PS4 exclusive is what I'm hoping for.

With crossplay.

So I can play on PC and still have a decent playerbase.

Similar deal as SFV.

I don't have any console bias, I dislike all of them equally, so it can come to xbone if it doesn't effect PC crossplay.
I think that dumb car soccer game managed that.

PC/PS4 exclusive is what I'm hoping for.

With crossplay.

So I can play on PC and still have a decent playerbase.

Similar deal as SFV.

I don't have any console bias, I dislike all of them equally, so it can come to xbone if it doesn't effect PC crossplay.
I think that dumb car soccer game managed that.

1uOydi.gif

Spinky

I want to see a rebalanced stars Jill. Not a fan of Mvc3 jill

latest

Zombies and crows and dog keep away. Morrijill
Mahvel 3 Jill is the worst. In RE5 I could take it, in this it was too much.

Wasn't she really execution-heavy but still low-mid tier, too? Das not gud.

i'm a (former) norcal marvel 3 player and i can HARD CONFIRM that dan may or may not be in the new marvel 4 video game for the Nintendo Switch or possibly the XBone or maybe even the PS4

Negaduck

Mahvel 3 Jill is the worst. In RE5 I could take it, in this it was too much.

Wasn't she really execution-heavy but still low-mid tier, too? Das not gud.

I believe she had Low damage outside of the infinite really? She was Hella fast during her install super also.

S.T.A.R.S Jill >>>>> Mvc3 jill free.

Neoxon

TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT

* Gaf goes 100 pages deep and ain't stopping anytime soon
To be fair, the thirst for more Mahvel is unquenchable. Plus we're more hyped than going bonkers analyzing everything.

Remember when people thought that the controller in that Star Fox Zero short was the Switch? Good times.

MVC3 Jill was pretty fun. I ran Jill/Dante/Magneto. One of the reasons why I loved her was the invincible Somersault, and the fact that her THC with Dante gave her ample time to do whatever she wanted. Feral Crouch was fun to open people up with until they realized all they had to do was mash cr.L to stop her. Overall, she had too many glaring weaknesses to be viable.

But if I had to choose, MVC2 Jill all day. She brought a whole new style to the game.

TreIII

Would give us a new villain and a fresh face on the RE side

I honestly expect
Lucas Baker
to make it, if anybody from RE7 does. He's likely going to either be a) the Big Bad who outlives the game he debuts in (and jump starts a new arc) or b) he's "not all bad" and ends up being a new addition to the good guys.

At the very least, he's got more "on screen presence than even
Ethan
does, at the moment!

There's a video with Linn in that is hashtagged. Same with Morrigan/Iron Man but it's just a song so I don't know about them.

I don't know about anyone else, but an MvC without any X-Men would be a complete boner killer for me.

My love of the X-Men is why I rate MvC2's roster so highly. An MvC game without Wolverine at the very least is preposterous.

I'd be fine if Wolverine was replaced with Black Panther.

I was actually convinced MVC3 Jill was going to be able to summon Majinis and other RE5 creatures. It would've made more sense there considering she had some control over them like Wesker. I think they didn't give her this ability because of Frank's summoning.

Spinky

If Mahvel 4 happens, I need Wesker again. I will be so goddamn upset if they don't put him in.

Which they probably wouldn't, but please. I need this.

Also, Black Panther is an absolute must for the Marvel side.

Inmolatus

To be fair, the thirst for more Mahvel is unquenchable. Plus we're more hyped than going bonkers analyzing everything.

I mean at least threads like this over various forums will show both Disney and Capcom that people are interested in a sequel. MvC3 and UMvC3 sold more than SFV, and Marvel is bigger than ever. Its a no brainer move.

Although I actually hope if it comes we get it for either PC or Switch. I wouldnt mind buying a PS4 only for Marvel 4, but paying a fee to play online after more than a decade of playing online for free on PC seems ridiculous to me.

I want Wesker to return, too. He's one of the only villains that stands out for the Capcom side.

I wonder how he'd play compared to his MVC3 self. I can't see his moveset changing significantly, but they could probably add more stuff to him.

Negaduck

I'm honestly not sure how else they would have done him but I would have liked a bit more oroborous-ness in wesker. More monster like (but I don't feel either way about him being in or not).

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this here before, but as someone else said it in the PSX thread, Capcom saying the Akuma tease will be playable at PSX pretty much confirms that particular announcement will happen during the key note.

Negaduck

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this here before, but as someone else said it in the PSX thread, Capcom saying the Akuma tease will be playable at PSX pretty much confirms that particular announcement will happen during the key note.

Oh shit. So the Akuma teaser was possibly for mvc4 and not him being playable in Sf5? Ono did say something like "lolololol who said he's in 5?"

That would make sense as he is their versus series mascot kinda and also be dope as Fuck

Sesha

They should bring back old Jill as Regina. Have her summon raptors, triceratops and allosaurs as specials. Have her lvl. 3 be the Giganotosaurus.

Speaking of RE villains, I'd be interested in seeing Alexia Ashford as a character.

Spinky

As far as RE goes, apart from Wesker, I really feel like Ada should be in for some reason. I don't absolutely love the character or anything, I just think she would fit. Batman grapple on deez hoes.

As for Marvel, I just need Black Panther and Daredevil.

All this villain talk has me thinking. Capcom hardly had any villains in MVC3. There was Wesker and everyone else. I don't consider Akuma, Vergil, Nemesis, and Firebrand to be villains in that way. Makes me wonder if we'll see the likes of Bison, Dr. Wily, Jedah, and guys like that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Mvc1 was in an era before patches were a thing. And regardless, it is much easier to balance a 2v2 game. Going up to 3v3 drastically increases the difficulty of balancing.

I don't think cheap stuff adds to the fun of the Marval games.
Marvel 1 was fucked up and 3 only got a patch for a bug fix

Dahbomb

By the way, that post I made... you can replace MVC4 with "something Marvel related". It's the same logic for both... point is that something Marvel related is in the works.

A port is probably more likely as coming out first based on past Capcom experiences.

But logically speaking, if Capcom got the license back they aren't just going to make a Marvel 3 port. I already said that Marvel 4 may not be unveiled at PSX but it will eventually come out.

notworksafe

Oh shit. So the Akuma teaser was possibly for mvc4 and not him being playable in Sf5? Ono did say something like "lolololol who said he's in 5?"

That would make sense as he is their versus series mascot kinda and also be dope as Fuck

i think he's for SFV. Sony has announced SFV will be playable at the show and it'd be kinda weird to just have a (almost) year old game there playable for no reason.

TreIII

All this villain talk has me thinking. Capcom hardly had any villains in MVC3. There was Wesker and everyone else. I don't consider Akuma, Vergil, Nemesis, and Firebrand to be villains in that way. Makes me wonder if we'll see the likes of Bison, Dr. Wily, Jedah, and guys like that.

All the more reason we do need someone like Sigma. Imagine if this game was basically a "stylish reimagining" of the Age of Ultron storyline, just with Ultron getting help from his new BFF Sigma to help him wipe out all the ningens-I mean, humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom