• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Ocean released an album, FFXV AND TLG coming out, and Donald Trump won

this is 2016 my niggas, so believe in the unbelievable, break the unbreakable, ro ro fight the powah

Mizerman

『Inaba Resident』;225599587 said:
Its 3 outcomes:

1. Thread gets locked (More info comes to light and rumor turns out to be BS)

2. Something substantial gets leaked and thread implodes on itself

3. Thread stays open until Saturday so everyone can see massive meltdowns.

I'm willing to guess that #2 happens.

Sesha

with dahbomb losing his mind over the possibility of dmc5 every time someone at capcom farts too loud, i just figured that was a bigger rumor. he's just always on high alert i guess.

We had a vague Devil May Cry trademark a couple of months before DmC DE and DMC4SE were announced. That was it.

I swear if this isn't fucking real...

I still remember the Dormammu flowchart... Put me in coach, I'm ready!

tumblr_lu1biqqkZi1qgpnw1o1_500.png

nova was always my favorite flowcharf

mbpm1

『Inaba Resident』;225599587 said:
3. Thread stays open until Saturday so everyone can see massive meltdowns.

I wonder how many "fuck capcom"s we'll get when ono reveals he's been following our hype...and he has to announce that he's got nothing while doing the IRL onolaughing.gif

I wonder how many "fuck capcom"s we'll get when ono reveals he's been following our hype...and he has to announce that he's got nothing while doing the IRL onolaughing.gif

"HELWO EVEWONE! I AM HERE TO ANNOWCE DAT CAPCOM HAS THOUGHT ABOWT MAWVOL 4! SO MAYBE WONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN!

DANKUVERYMUCH"

I wanted to post that first but I saw the size and thought "Nah, that's too big to post". I'm at work so I'm not gonna edit shit.

Every time people bring up MvC stuff outside of dedicated Mahvel threads, it always cracks me up. People were talking about fucking Impact Palm loops in a Doctor Strange movie thread a month ago.

liquidtmd

Banned

Oh god. If MvC4 isn't announced the reaction and meltdowns here are gonna make the OG FFVII reveal on PS4 look like mini tantrum

in the end, when its just more SFV, its just gonna shit on any goodwill that game built up over the course of the year and Capcom Pro Tour

As if I couldn't hate SF enough. That's shit's boring. I tried so, so hard to watch high level SFV play and I just fucking can't. Marvel or bust!

qcf x2

Nowerywan

Pleshomeshoryukan

one... two.. three (violent sneezing sound)

Do we need to have a watch-list for posters who are all-in right now? I've never seen so many pleas for tempered expectations turn into fuel for an out of control fire. For everybody's sake I hope they announce nothing less than MvC4.

And it isn't even their fault, lol

Actually, it would be. You think no one at Capcom has heard about this thread or the fervor it is causing among the community? It would be easy to just come out now & shoot this down if it weren't true. Heck, it's probably in their best interest to shoot it down, but then they'll look like liars when they do announce it. There is a reason they are in radio silence mode and that people who are in the FGC but close enough to the CPT are just doing RTs and not putting a pin on this stuff either.

Sesha

Never forget Hashimoto announcing FF7 PC for PS4 and Shawn Layden's Crash shirt. Ono is the patron saint of teasing and fakeouts compared to them.

Producer

Actually, it would be. You think no one at Capcom has heard about this thread or the fervor it is causing among the community? It would be easy to just come out now & shoot this down if it weren't true. Heck, it's probably in their best interest to shoot it down, but then they'll look like liars when they do announce it. There is a reason they are in radio silence mode and that people who are in the FGC but close enough to the CPT are just doing RTs and not putting a pin on this stuff either.

Actually, it wouldn't

Skilletor

Like...Ono in an interview said they want to focus on one game.

We had a thread just last week about how MvC4 isn't in development.

This is on you guys. If they did say, "MVC4 isn't going to be at capcup," this thread would just be all like WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE, AMIRITE?

Lol, here we go.

This community NEVER takes any responsibility for its actions.

Now Capcom is guilty of things they didn't even say or encourage.

Heck, Ono and SF5 aren't even related to the Marvel dev team.

but it's only monday. time for the cycle to restart!

hey guys i read on this one forum that there's gonna be a new mvc game made by iron galaxy and combofield is doing all the programming himself! it's gonna play like mvc2 but also somehow be 2v2. how crazy is that?!

you sure you didnt hear that from that super famous discord leaker?

cordy

Banned
Let's be real here.

Akuma will be in SFV.
Akuma will be in MvC4.
Akuma's already in T7.

raw

He'll be in every crossover from this point on and even games not related to it, he's just that dude.

Also there was a post about the Neogaf (well the internet in general) Mahvel flowchart. We're at the point where some of the rumored info that's revealed has some people down (the 2v2 + 1 assist and the no X-Men thing) so given there's some potential negatives...it allows me personally to believe it. It can't all be positive news, there's gotta be some negatives to make it believable. Even if that's false, there's gotta be some negatives to this. That "no X-Men" thing might be a negative.

latest

But he's not one of them. To this day I'm still surprised how he wasn't in MvC3/UMvC3. They gotta throw him in there.

The only "X Man" we acknowledge is "Mega." I can live without any X-Men character in Mahvel as long as I get Mr. Mega X-Buster Mark17.

Neoxon

This is on you guys. If they did say, "MVC4 isn't going to be at capcup," this thread would just be all like WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE, AMIRITE?
To be fair, those tweets were from July (EventHubs scrubbed most of the dates for whatever reason). I'll give you the Ono quote, though.

Niitsuma did say MVC4 wasn't happening. We can assume he was lying because he's known to do that, but in case it's not true they very much said so.

liquidtmd

Banned

'We do not comment on rumours and speculation' isn't just a cute soundbite

Skilletor

To be fair, those tweets were from July (EventHubs scrubbed most of the dates for whatever reason). I'll give you the Ono quote, though.

A whole five months ago? Well, surely a lot has changed since then for them to be able to show MvC4 at Capcup! lol.

I want it to be real. I don't think it is. This thread is out of control, though.

Niitsuma did say MVC4 wasn't happening. We can assume he was lying because he's known to do that, but in case it's not true they very much said so.

No, Niitsuma said, back in July, that he wasn't working on it. That very likely is the case, especially if the report that Combofiend is the battle director on it are true.

And yes, Capcom has previously lied in order to safeguard a reveal/secret.

Neoxon

A whole five months ago? Well, surely a lot has changed since then for them to be able to show MvC4 at Capcup! lol.

I want it to be real. I don't think it is. This thread is out of control, though.
Either way, we'll get our answer in a few days, so the wait won't be that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom