• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Capcom... They will find a way to fuck this up in some way. They always do, if this is true of course.

Remember when people asked for the alex trailer and they gave us the rashid theme?

We're going to get to listen through the extended version of "I wanna take you for a ride" at the end of CC2016.

Negaduck

That Akuma tease was definitely for SFV, it had the colored water effects & everything.

Viper had ink effects.

Probably not but would be a good rope a dope

Edit: also new engine means it could look like anything. We haven't seen a single thing confirmed about this game.

I believe

Mvc2-akuma.jpg

Skab

I would bet my precious makoto avatar that whatever the Ono/Akuma stuff is its for sf5 and has nothing to do with this.

Neoxon

Viper had ink effects.

Probably not but would be a good rope a dope

Edit: also new engine means it could look like anything. We haven't seen a single thing confirmed about this game.

I believe
I'm referring to this.

zYIDEJc.png

Viper had ink effects in (U)MvC3 because she originated from SFIV. Akuma didn't originate from SFV. So unless MvC4 is real & is reusing the SFV engine, I'm pretty sure the Akuma tease was for SFV.

notworksafe

Remember when people asked for the alex trailer and they gave us the rashid theme?

We're going to get to listen through the extended version of "I wanna take you for a ride" at the end of CC2016.

remember when alex was going to be announced FOR SURE at NYCC? Stage reveal.
remember when the marvel 3 patch was going to be announced FOR SURE at PAX East? Duck Tales Remastered
remember when DMC5 was going to be announced FOR SURE? DMC4SE

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
『Inaba Resident』;225597817 said:
Akuma is definitely for V. Same exact trail effect the game uses.
zYIDEJc.png

Of course, he will be in SFV. I was playing around when I said that trailer is Akuma in MVC4.

Negaduck

I'm referring to this.

zYIDEJc.png

Viper had ink effects in (U)MvC3 because she originated from SFIV. Akuma didn't originate from SFV. So unless MvC4 is real & is reusing the SFV engine, I'm pretty sure the Akuma tease was for SFV.

What if he's in both. (okay now I'll admit I'm stretching. . . But Sf5 gets Akuma and his new design in mvc4 also?)

That would be sick. My hype train is less about facts and more about 'wouldn't it be dope if. . . '

Mugy

You guys honestly think like something THIS BIG wouldn't have leak if it was true? i just cannot believe it. Capcom its not Nintendo with this kind of things.

Dahbomb

Of course Akuma is for SFV. When did Akuma ever represent the Marvel series? Never.
Akuma has been in every Marvel game since Children of the Atom. He is the official Capcom representative for the series, more than even Ryu.

That said I do think the Akuma thing is for SFV. Ono is just trolling.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
remember when the marvel 3 patch was going to be announced FOR SURE at PAX East? Duck Tales Remastered

So MvC4 for us, so we are going to get UMVC3 port instead?

You guys honestly think like something THIS BIG wouldn't have leak if it was true? i just cannot believe it. Capcom its not Nintendo with this kind of things.

I mean, this thing did leak. What do you think is going on in this thread? Heck, SFV leaked MONTHS before it was announced. People just didn't believe it because it was both "Just word of mouth" and "No way Capcom would make a PS4 exclusive Street Fighter; so fake".

What we got in all of those cases is better than what was rumored anyway

I mean, this thing did leak. What do you think is going on in this thread? Heck, SFV leaked MONTHS before it was announced. People just didn't believe it because it was both "Just word of mouth" and "No way Capcom would make a PS4 exclusive Street Fighter; so fake".

Yeah, even going back to PS4 launch with some viral website Capcom made tipped their hat a bit

Dahbomb

So MvC4 for us, so we are going to get UMVC3 port instead?
Honestly I will gladly take Marvel 3 port especially if it comes with a mythical patch. Especially since Marvel 4 is going to be filled with all sorts of monkey paw stuff.

Also it will at least put Beef in his place!

I'm referring to this.

zYIDEJc.png

no those are clearly venom's tendrils #marvel4 #alwaysbelieve #freemasonsrunthecountry

Dahbomb

Why do I remember seeing Ryu more on the covers of the VS series than Akuma?
Covers yes but Akuma has had more appearances. Even in Marvel 1 you could unlock him as a secret playable character through Ryu.

Factually incorrect. DMC4SE was teased on a random day and with no pre hype before it. No one even thought of it because it was so bizarre and unheard of.

notworksafe

No, I actually don't remember that. DMC4SE was just a random Tuesday thing alongside DmC:DE. So there wasn't really any hype leak/rumor/thread about it until it just happened.

with dahbomb losing his mind over the possibility of dmc5 every time someone at capcom farts too loud, i just figured that was a bigger rumor. he's just always on high alert i guess.

Mugy

Yeah but not even a blurry .jpg? Nothing? I just cannot believe it.

Did MVC3 was leaked back at E3?

with dahbomb losing his mind over the possibility of dmc5 every time someone at capcom farts too loud, i just figured that was a bigger rumor. he's just always on high alert i guess.

Pretty much every DMC-GAF community member is like that. Just look at any leak/tease thread we've have had this year (and there were quite a lot of those). We just love to lose our shit and get ourselves excited....... and then crash and burn.

Well, sans Sesha who has been very reasonable and logical as of late. boothisman.gif

I'm just taking comfort in the fact that, regardless of how X-Menless or nonexistent Marvel 4 is, SFV is still there, and we're almost definitely getting Season 2 news by time this whole crazy ride is over. The likely worst case scenario is still pretty awesome.

Yeah but not even a blurry .jpg? Nothing? I just cannot believe it.

Did MVC3 was leaked back at E3?

Dude, why would assets leak if it hasn't been shown publicly yet? Like, in any official or un-official capacity? There are tons of games where assets for the title don't leak, but it leaks through word of mouth.Its countless. Its even easier for a JP title to not have assets leak in the US, especially a Capcom developed one, since they outsource so many of their assets to a few different houses who may not really know what they are actually working on.

Yeah, we had some really strong 'leaks' for MvC3 prior to E3, since it was first shown at the last Captivate which was a few weeks before E3. We didn't get any assets then either. Do you know how many leaks both Shinobi & Jason Schreier have done without leaking ANY assets from the actual game itself? This is a regular thing.

All I know is, this thread ain't surviving this week before it's either locked or Capcom slips up beforehand.

Its 3 outcomes:

1. Thread gets locked (More info comes to light and rumor turns out to be BS)

2. Something substantial gets leaked and thread implodes on itself

3. Thread stays open until Saturday so everyone can see massive meltdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom