• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's only monday but we're already in the Anger part of grieving

grief1.jpg

Ryce

A whole five months ago? Well, surely a lot has changed since then for them to be able to show MvC4 at Capcup! lol.
Announcing the game and showing it are two different things. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U was announced a year before development even started.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Niitsuma did say MVC4 wasn't happening. We can assume he was lying because he's known to do that, but in case it's not true they very much said so.

Companies announce stuff based on their marketing plans, not because some internet fanboys begged them

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;225601033 said:
Sneakers sounding confident af this is getting announced saturday.

Either way, this is going to turn out funny. One side regardless of which it is will be eating crow
Yeah, the conclusion is gonna be interesting either way.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Either way, this is going to turn out funny. One side regardless of which it is will be eating crow

Or both. Depend on what they wanted.

Edited: I don't think he said he would expect to see mvc4 this weekend?

cordy

Banned
And tbh if it's not announced I don't mind because that's more for SFV. I haven't really been "into" the game much since release. It needs something big even. Sure, Season 2 will be dope with the extra characters like Akuma, probably Sakura and others but I still feel as though the game is just missing something and I don't know what it is. Whatever is there to help that game is a positive in my eyes. Maybe MvC4 can ease the pain (if they do it right).

Then again, I remember how barebones MvC3 was back in the day and I was telling people how this was a sign of things to come and what do you know.

Mit-

Yes, most of them are undead
Kappa.png

This isn't happening and I have zero expectations.

Would love to be wrong but there's too little basis here. And I'm thoroughly convinced Disney/Marvel have no interest in pleasing the 2 million fighting game players that will bother spending money on the series.

jett

D-Member
No, Niitsuma said, back in July, that he wasn't working on it. That very likely is the case, especially if the report that Combofiend is the battle director on it are true.

And yes, Capcom has previously lied in order to safeguard a reveal/secret.

Combofriend the battle director?

DuF8N.gif

To be fair, those tweets were from July (EventHubs scrubbed most of the dates for whatever reason). I'll give you the Ono quote, though.
No, Niitsuma said, back in July, that he wasn't working on it. That very likely is the case, especially if the report that Combofiend is the battle director on it are true.

And yes, Capcom has previously lied in order to safeguard a reveal/secret.

At this point, I will like we should come up with an stocked answer and post in every new page just to get it out of the way.

I'm actually on #TeamFake. I've heard about this in some form of its gestation for nearly 2 years now. Knowing now that I was actually hearing about Marvel 4, or what would amount to Marvel 4, just makes me believe it isn't true.

If you replace this being Marvel 4 with most other 'rumored' games from the same sources, i'd believe them. But my source & who they know, whom are both independent from the FGC AND devs, have all said the same thing, and because its Marvel 4, I have doubts. Make no mistake though, even though I believe its fake, I want nothing more than this to be real.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that's what i said this year

i'm averaging an L a week at this point
It's been especially bad for #YeezyFam.

After Shinobi put his blessings on it happening, the likelihood of this not happening is pretty damn slim.

I'm actually on #TeamFake. I've heard about this in some form of its gestation for nearly 2 years now. Knowing now that I was actually hearing about Marvel 4, or what would amount to Marvel 4, just makes me believe it isn't true.

If you replace this being Marvel 4 with most other 'rumored' games from the same sources, i'd believe them. But my source & who they know, whom are both independent from the FGC AND devs, have all said the same thing, and because its Marvel 4, I have doubts. Make no mistake though, even though I believe its fake, I want nothing more than this to be real.

Thanks for the clarification

After Shinobi put his blessings on it happening, the likelihood of this not happening is pretty damn slim.
Oh, almost forgot about Shinobi. I've heard he's almost always accurate, no?

『Inaba Resident』;225601541 said:
Goddamn lol.

I'm just kidding.

I was planning on getting one for Gravity Rush 2 anyways and the UC4 Bundle was only $212 on amazon today.

But if MVC4 is real then that's just the ultimate icing on the cake.

Negaduck

Yeah I'd be okay with just the Ryu shinku like the first Mvc3 reveal.

At least it would put all the rumors to rest and we can spend the next year on wish lists

Negaduck

Do you think it would just be Ryu or would they try to add someone like magneto (assuming X men are in) or another character like Dr. Strange or Starlord to build more hype?

Racoon with baby groot assist?

How much you want to bet it does get revealed this weekend but only with a logo and a 2017 date.

Logo + year with zero game footage is for a game that is more than 12 months out. While I don't expect a full blowout, I do expect at least some parts of its gameplay to be shown, even if its HUD-less, along with a few characters announced. I expect it might get a bigger blowout in GI in the months afterwards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom