• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

You know what kinda gives this some credence to me, just based on some pattern recognition?

5th gen - Serperior, the grass type, has a feminine design

6th gen - Delphox, the fire type, has a feminine design

7th gen - Popplio's evolution, the water type...?

Fandangox

Fire/Fighting?

OfYGY.gif

Fire and Fighting are my two favorite types so Im one of the 4 people that were never bothered by this lol

Neiteio

Also worth noting again: There is a difference between concept art meant to show different poses and abilities, and a reference sheet breaking down proportions for modeling purposes.

One gets everyone on board with the character concept -- what it looks like from each angle, how it behaves and what it can do. The other then shows how to model it in 3D.

Village

Fire and Fighting are my two favorite types so Im one of the 4 people that were never bothered by this lol

4?

You know most people will like the fire fighting type because its a fire fighting type , the complaining about that is a forum thing.

You think a kid is complaining about a cat who turns into a giant on fire wrestler, you are out of your damned mind.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

Ehhh, still not anything major. Fire / Poison is a very requested typing, and pegging it as a lizard isn't exactly ingenious, as they're known for both attributes in a lot media. Hell, if I was thinking of a possible fire / poison type my mind would go straight to lizard. Now if they guessed at something a little more unique, like maybe a fire / poison squirrel then I'd be sold, as it's an out of box prediction. The no gym leaders thing is something though. If TPC announce that then I'll believe this rumour. Until then, it has things going for it, but also things against it.

Neiteio

My inner child loves Giant Flaming Cat-Man, but it also loves Bubble Mermaid and Robin Hoot.

So conflicted. Will need to trade for all three starters and go on adventure with all three.

Sifl

All I read from the starter leaks is Rowlett best starter, and Litten's final evo possibly being Fire/Fighting puts him below the water thing.

Loving the rumored leak. This will be the best Pokemon game.

Rockruff as a rock werewolf is going to own!

Litten final evo could be Fire/Ground since he's a wrestler and all.

Neoxon

Welcome to the family son
Finally, someone with good taste.

On a related note, if this is true, Rowlet's rumored final evolution could be an interesting character for Smash 5 as a zoning character of sorts (since it's basically an archer). Then again, you could have an interesting wrestling-based moveset out of Litten's rumored final evolution.

GoldStarz

Everyone was asking for no gyms and now that it might happen everyone is complaining

#gamers
Speak for yourself, I never asked for this and argued against it.

This is not even mentioning that the only smoking gun here is that it says that the new generation has a Fire/Poison Pokémon in it, without any details. I don't find that particularly compelling evidence, if I'm honest.
That's fair. Pretty much all other evidence is unproven or based off of previous speculation so here's hoping.

That Litten evo is GOAT because it looks like something straight out of Fievel Goes West!

The Rowlet evo looks too much like Hawlucha to me.

Kyzer

Banned
You know what kinda gives this some credence to me, just based on some pattern recognition?

5th gen - Serperior, the grass type, has a feminine design

6th gen - Delphox, the fire type, has a feminine design

7th gen - Popplio's evolution, the water type...?

I don't see it.

Holy shit what if this is a prequel and the island trial guys form the very first Pokemon league

If the whole game is like the first two gyms in XY or more they could easily get away with only four leaders. Add sidequests using Rotomdex to keep track and bam the coolest Pokemon game ever

Neiteio

Finally, someone with good taste.

On a related note, if this is true, Rowlet's rumored final evolution could be an interesting character for Smash 5 as a zoning character of sorts (since it's basically an archer). Then again, you could have an interesting wrestling-based moveset out of Litten's rumored final evolution.
Ha, I was also thinking about this.

My Sakurai-nstincts tell me he'd gravitate toward the Rowlet evo (even though I personally prefer the Litten and Popplio evos), because it just lends itself well to stylish combat, i.e. slinging arrows and flapping with its wings and delivering swift kicks. I can picture Sakurai taking one look at the Rowlet evo and immediately coming up with a moveset like he allegedly did with Greninja.

Bonus: Rowlet's evo in Smash would provide a final Grass-type to go with Charizard's final Fire-type and Greninja's final Water-type.

Think of it this way, Salandit is clearly inspired on a bandit but isn't a Dark-type.

I think Litten's final form given its supposed appearance in that concept art could be based on a fighter, but end up being Fire/Dark since it's like a heel wrestler and all.

Seems unlikely to me, dark type has always been more vague in what it entails in regards to Salandit, but RL fighting styles have always been part fighting type

He's not going to be Dark-type is that's how he looks like. How do you expect it to get STAB on all this "wrestling" fighting moves otherwise.

There's no doubt that theres a good chance that Litten will become fire fighting according to these leaks but I understand what Birdie is saying.

Wrestling (think WWE) is like fighting but it's not. It's a lie. Make belief you're hurting your opponent, make belief you hate them, and making belief you're a face or a heel. You're basically telling a story threw lies. So I see Fire/Dark also. If I'm wrong ok, I'm going Rowlet either way. :D

Kyzer

Banned
Yeah I doubt they're gonna do fire/fighting again it'll be ground or dark but it's still another bipedal fighter

Neoxon

My Sakurai-nstincts tell me he'd gravitate toward the Rowlet evo (even though I personally prefer the Litten and Popplio evos), because it just lends itself well to stylish combat, i.e. slinging arrows and flapping with its wings and delivering swift kicks. I can picture Sakurai taking one look at the Rowlet evo and immediately coming up with a moveset like he allegedly did with Greninja.

Bonus: Rowlet's evo in Smash would provide a final Grass-type to go with Charizard's final Fire-type and Greninja's final Water-type.
My thoughts exactly. I could easily see Sakurai thinking of a million ideas for Rowlet's (rumored) final evolution. Though if he really wants to go Rainbow Mika for Litten's rumored final evolution, I'd be more than okay with that. But my guess, most of the fans may end up requesting Litten's evolution but end up with Rowlet's as playable (but that's just my guess, & this is all assuming that this rumor proves to be true).

Neiteio

My thoughts exactly. I could easily see Sakurai thinking of a million ideas for Rowlet's (rumored) final evolution. Though if he really wants to go Rainbow Mika for Litten's rumored final evolution, I'd be more than okay with that. But my guess, most of the fans may end up requesting Litten's evolution but end up with Rowlet's as playable (but that's just my guess, & this is all assuming that this rumor proves to be true).
Yeah, I could see all that. Again, with the caveat this rumor is still not confirmed (although I'm inclined to believe it).

Velcro Fly

if they do mix up the 8 gyms/elite four formula it will be cool

have the story be that there are no gym leaders and be fighting the evil team and have one of the people helping you at each turn become like a gym leader for the region. would be a cool take on pokemon games.

Pizza

God yes water starters are the fucking BEST

clown seal with the clutch win for potentially actually being the sick mermaid concept art I really liked.

Yaaaaaaaas never doubt stupid first-stage water starters. First a goddamn origami ninja frog now a majestic-ass seal mermaid motherfucking game freak making me buy another formulaic on-rails RPG

Neiteio

Still wish we had someone here who knows Japanese so we could translate the captions on each piece of concept art

This is actually one of my biggest hopes for Smash NX characters. I don't have hopes for much elde except vets and Inkling, but this would absolutely be amazing imo. Such an amazing design, and an unrepresented Pokemon type in Smash 4 (rip in piece Ivy)

KingBroly

Banned
Rowlet evolving into an Owl-like Robin Hood is the most awesome thing.

Litten evolves into another Fire/Fighting jobber, sadly.

And Popplio...well...we already knew he was a clown, lol

Still wish we had someone here who knows Japanese so we could translate the captions on each piece of concept art
It's a bit too small for me to make much out, but the wood plank on the bottom right of rowlett's final evo basically just says FUKUROU (Owl) and the bottom left of litten's final evo says TORA (tiger). Not exactly informative stuff though :p
I can't read popplio's one because the font is a bit too funky for me XD

Puruzi

Banned
Dude if that Poppilo evo turns out to be real I am jumping off team litten so fucking fast you don't even know. That Poppilo evo is incredible.

Neoxon

This is actually one of my biggest hopes for Smash NX characters. I don't have hopes for much elde except vets and Inkling, but this would absolutely be amazing imo. Such an amazing design, and an unrepresented Pokemon type in Smash 4 (rip in piece Ivy)
When you say Smash NX, do you mean Smash 5 or the Smash 4 port?

Anyway, I see a shit-ton of potential for the rumored final evolution of Rowlet. I hope this is real.

Neiteio

At first I was like, "Ew, what," but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I swear, this always happens, where the Pokemon that surprises me the most ends up being the one I like best.

I love how the white flipper-feet emerge from the blue tail like it's a dress. I also like how those are bubbles braiding the ponytail. As you can see in the lower left, the bubbles fly off to release the ponytail into a glorious mane when she sings, unleashing her full power.

In retrospect, this also makes sense of how Popplio learns Disarming Voice, a Fairy-type move. Perhaps its singing final evo is Water/Fairy?

Some say it's a siren, but it's more like a mermaid, or more accurately, a selkie (spirits that appear human on land, but take the form of sea lions in the water).

Neiteio

The more I imagine that in 3D, the more I'm like. "Yeah, this Evolution is going to look excellent".
Also worth noting this design is completely different from, like, every other proposed Popplio evo on the Internet, which means it's like 500% more likely to be real.

Most ideas for the Popplio evo are just Popplio but larger. Kind of like how most ideas for Froakie's evo were just a bigger frog with a more bubbly beard. And we know how that turned out!

L Thammy

Why are people calling the Litten evvo Tiger Mask? Wouldn't it be Black Tiger?

While I love me some lucha libre, Water starters have never steered me wrong, and I have no intention of breaking their trust.

OH SHIT, I think I caught something (forgive me if someone already has).

DDT1Hj4.png

That's Ash and Pikachu! I think this might be a Sun and Moon anime hint here. Ash gets Rowlet seemingly?

Fandangox

4?

You know most people will like the fire fighting type because its a fire fighting type , the complaining about that is a forum thing.

You think a kid is complaining about a cat who turns into a giant on fire wrestler, you are out of your damned mind.

Well of course.

Neiteio

*flashback to Neiteio's childhood*

FIFTH-GRADE TEACHER: "OK, everyone, time to turn in your essays about what you want to be when you grow up."

*Neiteio, wearing overalls and a propeller cap, finishes writing and hands over paper*

TEACHER: "OK, so let's see... Neiteio wants to be... wants to be... A 'giant flaming cat-man wrestler.'"

NEITEIO: "You'll see."

Kouriozan

OH SHIT, I think I caught something (forgive me if someone already has).

DDT1Hj4.png

That's Ash and Pikachu! I think this might be a Sun and Moon anime hint here. Ash gets Rowlet seemingly?
If those are legit, yes Ash is totally getting Rowlet, even more after Greninja's popularity.

Top Bottom