• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That leak is obviously working off the starter concept art which has been around for awhile---don't think it's related to today's leak. Lots of fake leaks have gone with archer/wrestler/siren because that art hasn't been disproven yet.

Also the fact "Entermaid" seems to be a reference to a Yu-Gi-Oh archetype of all things, and one from the Japanese branch of the franchise, makes me doubt this.

DNAbro

That leak is obviously working off the starter concept art which has been around for awhile---don't think it's related to today's leak. Lots of fake leaks have gone with archer/wrestler/siren because that art hasn't been disproven yet.

Also the fact "Entermaid" seems to be a reference to a Yu-Gi-Oh archetype of all things, and one from the Japanese branch of the franchise, makes me doubt this.

Yeah probably. I want to happen now though. I love the idea of archer bird.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I can't see the starters as real because they are way too busy for Gamefreak. They have way too much crap all over the place.

I don't mind that but it's not their MO.

Macka

I like the sound of a Dolphin and Snowman, but if those starter leaks are real, I guess I'm going starter-less this time.

Daingurse

Wrestler? Fire/Fighting incoming. Told y'all Gamefreak don't care haha. May the Fire/Fighting dynasty live another 10,000 years.

Neiteio

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
They're a lot less busy-looking than Venusaur
I like em all but I just don't see it. They are all too humanoid.

Blaziken was awesome, the monkey was boring, and Emboar was horrid. I thought we got past Fire/Fighting with last gen, but I guess not.

If it's true, I'm going with the archer owl. It'll be the first time I don't go Fire starter but I'm sick of Fire/Fighting.

Infernape boring? Lolwut, he is anything but boring. So great looking.

Village

Blaziken was awesome, the monkey was boring, and Emboar was horrid. I thought we got past Fire/Fighting with last gen, but I guess not.

If it's true, I'm going with the archer owl. It'll be the first time I don't go Fire starter but I'm sick of Fire/Fighting.

Infernape, boring?

get out

AetherZX

The Fire/Fighting bitching is pretty interesting when it helped make Fire Starters a lot more competitive in the first place.

Gravidee

Don't see how Infernape can be considered boring. His design also looks to be inspired by the Monkey King from Journey to the West.

CazTGG

I still doubt those starter evolutions are real...though I probably will be switching to Team Rowlet regardless since I love Salandit's design and don't like doubling down on same type teams, plus Grass/Flying would be a great counter to any potential Ground moves that could OHKO Salandit since I doubt it's going to be a particularly bulky Pokémon. I also doubt we'll be seeing DexNav return but Game Freak dropping useful mechanics is to be expected at this point.

On the one hand regarding the starter thing, one thing that would nudge me to believing that it could be true is that I don't think anyone making this sort of stuff up would ever go and say that there's going to be a fourth Fire/Fighting starter.

But as for this new batch of leaks, one thing that stands out to me as something that just can't be right is the whole bit about how most of the Pokemon can be ridden on, which simply can't be the case due to the various body types.

Neoxon

Robingroot

538caf3a6c767.jpg
Poor choice of Groot depiction, my friend.

Boring either way. Name it Koshin.

koshinvskeppurenfirstfyj09.gif
I like the way you think.

Dryk

But at the same time I really want to believe in Archer-Rowlett and getting a capybara
Capybarafamily.jpg

e105zeta

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Badge Quest if there was something sizable to replace it - like an actual plot ala Earthbound or Yo-Kai Watch. I'm just worried they'll do something stupid and have us play touch screen minigames to become the Champion. Or a ton of fetch quests.

Vena

Fire/Dark would be a pretty excellent typing for flipping the Fire/Fighting typing on its head in terms of weaknesses and resistances. That said, I don't think its a very good typing given its weakness to a lot of common types and adding fighting a weakness on top of it but then I haven't really given it that much thought so I may just be missing it.

He's not going to be a special sweeper, given the theme if real, so he can't even really gain much from STAB Foul Play. I wonder if he may not end up being a Fire-version (though less glass cannon) of Weavile. They'd need to introduce a priority-Fire move or it'd need to learn Extreme Speed.

Ehhh, I'd like him more if they gave him a staff or a flying cloud made of fire to make him more Monkey King, but compared to his fellow starter whose a penguin with blades for fins, he's a bit boring to me.

But what do I know, I love the flaming kickboxing chicken.

Neiteio

Fire/Dark would be a pretty excellent typing for flipping the Fire/Fighting typing on its head in terms of weaknesses and resistances. That said, I don't think its a very good typing given its weakness to a lot of common types and adding fighting a weakness on top of it but then I haven't really given it that much thought so I may just be missing it.

He's not going to be a special sweeper, given the theme if real, so he can't even really gain much from STAB Foul Play. I wonder if he may not end up being a Fire-version (though less glass cannon) of Weavile. They'd need to introduce a priority-Fire move or it'd need to learn Extreme Speed.
If the Litten evo from the Chinese rumor is real, and if he is Fire/Dark as per the second rumor, then he'll probably get Crunch (which would seem likely regardless with a maw like that). STAB Crunch would be nice. :)

They could give him an ability that accounts for some of his typing weaknesses, too.

Vena

If the Litten evo from the Chinese rumor is real, and if he is Fire/Dark as per the second rumor, then he'll probably get Crunch (which would seem likely regardless with a maw like that). STAB Crunch would be nice. :)

They could give him an ability that accounts for some of his typing weaknesses, too.

As starter he'll have Blaze, and then his Hidden Ability will be... Unburden!

The Fire/Fighting bitching is pretty interesting when it helped make Fire Starters a lot more competitive in the first place.

If the only way GF can make Fire starters interesting competitively is by running /Fighting over and over again with a single gen break, then there's something wrong with the way they prepare starters.

.JayZii

Banned
If those evolutions are real, I'm now having an even tougher time deciding between Rowlet and Litten. It would be funny for them to go right back to a fire/fighting starter, but I like that design. Save me, Wonder Trade!

Delio

A super fast Fire/Dark physical sweeper might be fun. Crunch and Knock Off and I can totally see it learning if the design is close to that art. Maybe some new Dark claw moves as well.

e105zeta

Neo Member
There were actually some wild Capybara in Florida when I was a kid. Pretty much anything that can swim eventually ends up being an invasive species in Florida. Not sure if that colony is still there, though.

EDIT: Apparently at least 5 separate wild capybara colonies still remaining in Florida and there might be a new colony in the California coast.

Neiteio

I wonder if a capybara Pokemon would somehow incorporate other Pokemon into its design, similar to the Remoraid following Mantine.

Actually, a capybara Pokemon would be a perfect Pokemon for surfing, or riding in general, since they love letting other animals climb on them.

Vena

A super fast Fire/Dark physical sweeper might be fun. Crunch and Knock Off and I can totally see it learning if the design is close to that art. Maybe some new Dark claw moves as well.

Ya if its fast it'll be fun. Don't know if you'd see it running Crunch over Knock-Off + coverage or boosts/Protect. Given it a good HA (that is feasible to find) and you might get something fun like Serperior or Chestnaught who are very much defined by excellent abilities rather than stats.

Hopefully they don't landslide it into Blaziken bullshit territory, though, lol.

Delio

Ya if its fast it'll be fun. Don't know if you'd see it running Crunch over Knock-Off + coverage or boosts/Protect. Given it a good HA (that is feasible to find) and you might get something fun like Serperior or Chestnaught who are very much defined by excellent abilities rather than stats.

Hopefully they don't landslide it into Blaziken bullshit territory, though, lol.

Yeah might as well just run Knock Off and other things. TBH I rather it did run all over the current metagame lol.

Malakai

rowlet could be grass/dark to highlight the archer part
or grass/poison if it uses traps
or grass/normal?

dunno, i'm trying to find a type combo it could be that doesn't give it a x4 weakness and it's not working :E

The only typing that works with Grass defensively is Rock.

Rozart

Siren Popplio and Archer Rowlet are A+ designs but that wrestler Litten...ew. I'm leaning towards fake 'cause of that one.

Neiteio

why do people hate Tiger Mask

shit like this is why kayfabe stuff ends up being real
I think all three look amazing. I'll be really pleased if they turn out to be real. I think the selkie/siren/mermaid is my favorite, followed by the tiger wrestler and owl archer. Honestly, if they're real, I'll want all three on my team.

For reference, here's my taste re: past generation's starters:

Gen 1: Love all three. No particular favorite. Gun-to-my-head answer: Venusaur, followed by Charizard. If we're talking Megas, though, Charizard X is probably my overall favorite among Gen 1 starters.

Gen 2: Feraligatr and Thyplosion are awesome. Meganium is... meh.

Gen 3: Sceptile is my favorite. The vanilla forms of Blaziken and Swampert are meh, but their Mega Evolutions are great. Mega Blaziken would be my overall favorite among the Gen 3 starters.

Gen 4: I love all three: Favorite is probably Empoleon, but Torterra is close behind.

Gen 5: I think all three are decent. No real standouts. Samurott is my favorite, followed by Serperior.

Gen 6: Didn't really care for Chesnaught or Delphox, although I think they're cool thematically. LOVE Greninja. But I'm not sure about this "Ash Greninja" because I've thought the anime is garbage since 1996, so I've no fondness for Ash.

I like em all but I just don't see it. They are all too humanoid.

I'd say Infernape and it's line just followed the Blaziken structure. Personally, I found the Infernape and Emboar line to have the most thought and effort put into their designs of all the fire starter lines. However, their execution and the Fire/Fighting typing was dissapointing. I passed on both Chimchar and Pignite since it followed the fire/fighting line. I've actually yet to go with the fire type starter with all of the mainline games. I for some reason go with the grass starters except for gen 2. I think I went with Totodile for gen 2 as I wasn't very fond of Meganium and that line. I would've picked Oshawott or Piplup as my starter but they both evolve into monstrosities. For some reason my love for Chespin's design overpowered my dissapointment with its evolutions. In hindsight I should've gone with Froakie. Litten looks like it will go the Fennekin and Pignite route and evolve into something lackluster. Popplio's rumored final evo looks cool but I'll probably go with Rowlet's final Evo if it holds up to be true.

Neiteio

btw, Boss Doggie totally likes Tiger Mask best because it lends itself well to his musclebound, baby tee-wearing, nipple-baring avatars :-D

...which is totally unfair — who knows how ripped the owl archer is under his feathers!

GoldStarz

Yeah but there's also no evidence this leak is doing the same?

This is the only thing that makes think this might be real at this point:
Oh, and there's another hint at no Gyms from the E3 Nintendo Minute during a trivia segment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKM2lvy10c&feature=youtu.be&t=11m39s

Question: What are the trials you need to take to become a Pokemon Champion in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon?

Answer: Island Trials

but it's done so casually that I can wrap my head around TPCi letting such a huge piece of previously unrevealed news get put into such a small and insignificant post-E3 segment.

Top Bottom