• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Bork Souls.

iF659IQVTFwO0.png

Jaeger

Instead of going hollow, you become more and more some were-beast maybe?

Yea. Losing the ability to use any magic/spells, but your melee ability increases with each death. And this can only be achieved when you have acquired a Beast Soul (think Primeval/Lord Soul). The corresponding beast you kill and acquire and then hold in your inventory is the beast you will resemble upon transformation.

Buttock's Souls

Crazy Buttocks On A Train has awakened the Old One and unleashed the fart that slowly devoured Boletaria Kingdom and turned its inhabitants into gassy ghouls. One hero dares to enter...

Good news, you won't be a hollow aka butt ugly zombie this time around because this won't be part of the Dark Souls universe

Indeed it's great news. I spend a lot of time creating my character from the creation option. I don't want to be a butt ugly zombie for most of the game when I do.

I wouldn't mind looking pale to be like a vampire.

Yup this would of been a megaton...you can see that from the sheer number of views this thread has.

However it can still be a megaton if they show amazing trailer :eek:

Never understood this mentality, sorry. People act as if leaking a title or a couple of blurry pics would undermine the pleasure of viewing a trailer during a presentation. It really bothers me, I mean all this talk about surprises! Well, there will be none, imo. The only surprising things that could come out of it would be a Half-Life3, Shenmue3, FF VII remake type of announcements...aka, stuff that will not happen.

JP

I wonder if Sony will encourage them to add augmented reality to it? If so they could call it AR Souls.

Toxi

Banned
People liked item burden?

Seriously? It was the one bad part about 3-1. It didn't help that every item looks the same until you pick it up (save Moonlight Sword) and it punishes heavy armor even more.

If item burden comes back, then you better be able to leave items anywhere and retrieve them hours later.

Then you could have a field of heavy, powerful swords/guns stuck in the ground for when someone invades and then just pick them up/drop them as needed

Akainu

If you are overweight and you really want that thing you found you just have to make the hard decision to drop some stuff. Or keep a ring that raise the burden.

Toxi

Banned
If item burden comes back, then you better be able to leave items anywhere and retrieve them hours later.

Then you could have a field of heavy, powerful swords/guns stuck in the ground for when someone invades and then just pick them up/drop them as needed
I actually really like this idea. Not sure if it's too crazy to implement, but it's basically the one thing that would redeem item burden.
If you are overweight and you really want that thing you found you just have to make the hard decision to drop some stuff. Or keep a ring that raise the burden.
It feels like busywork depositing stuff with Thomas every time I come back to the Nexus.

If item burden returns, I at least hope your current equipment doesn't count as part of your item load. No need to penalize heavy weapons and armor even more.

I'm playing through Demon's Souls and I'm at the king that can steal soul levels out of you. Having recently finished Dark Souls it seems like Demon's Souls is the harder game.
Wonder if some of these brutal mechanics and weird stuff like world / character tendency will come into play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom