• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
"giant mindflayer"

Sounds familiar...

"So, nu ...What do you know?"
500full.jpg

So I wonder what other leaks-- real or fake-- magically appear tomorrow to whip us into a frenzy throughout the weekend?

I love E3, but the leaks and teases and hints in the run-up-- and we are T-minus 33 days and counting-- are loads of fun as well (for me at least).

Had a go at a boxart - quite hard with the limited media we have.

iJSu7OyfwPR5c.png

Wow, like the font.

I've realised something. The character they show is much different to previous souls games:

He's not a knight for one. Looks much more like a beast hunter.

Which means their may be new classes :eek:
What kind of classes do guys think will be in this game? Witch, Shaman, Rifleman, Hunter etc.

Soul of the beast. Period.

Although I really like that name, it's just too similar to Shadow of the Beast and would cause confusion.

We're not setting ourselves up for disappointment are we? The game is real, no doubt about that. But sony wouldn't do something crazy and announce it at TGS?

I doubt it would be worth revealing it at TGS because the Japanese home console market is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Big games like this which are going to excite fans globally and sell consoles are better suited to E3 or even Gamescom over TGS.

Beasts by Dre.

Ha ha, this is good!

So what's been happening the last day or so? I had been thinking maybe the whole Project Beast rumor got debunked or found to be just a very good hoax. Not so?

I hope not. Please tell me this is still something I can still look forward to on PS4 in the future.

I think at this point we can guarantee that this is not fake, largely because of insider info & hints from DemonNite et al (a Sony insider on this forum).

So we're expecting a "ohh, and just 1 more thing..." type reveal at e3?

Sony hasn't done those in a while sadly.

That would be awesome. I'm thinking either this or The Last Guardian would be the best way to finish the show. With either a 3-minute trailer or uninterrupted gameplay.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I've realised something. The character they show is much different to previous souls games:

He's not a knight for one. Looks much more like a beast hunter.

Which means their may be new classes :eek:
What kind of classes do guys think will be in this game? Witch, Shaman, Rifleman, Hunter etc.

I bet money on it being a "Souls game" only by nature, not by name.
And even then it looks like the aesthetic/taste will be completely different.

So yeah, less 15th-16th century knights in castles, and more 17th-18th century hunters in foggy Victorian streets. Would be a nice change of palette for sure, even if the mechanics are largely based on what we've come to know and love.

So yeah, less 15th-16th century knights in castles, and more 17th-18th century hunters in foggy Victorian streets. Would be a nice change of palette for sure, even if the mechanics are largely based on what we've come to know and love.

Nah I'm sure it will be a Souls game in name. Thats kind of a brand name and Sony and FROM would be crazy not to capitalise on it, especially when it clearly has the same mechanics and maybe even structure to previous games.

There's zero reason to not call it _____ Souls

It clearly is a Souls game, just bank on the free marketing the brand will bring since people will without a doubt talk about it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

It clearly is a Souls game, just bank on the free marketing the brand will bring since people will without a doubt talk about it.

To be fair they could just say "From the makers of Demon Souls and Dark Souls" if it isn't a Souls game. Same effect.

Y'know, I would really like this as a change of direction for the series. Hunting were-beasts and succubi in the foggy gas-lit streets of an abandoned Georgian-era town would be awesome. Kind of like an update of Nightmare Creatures, and an interesting juxtaposition to The Order: 1886.

injurai

Banned

They could call it Flim Flam and I think 95% of Souls fans will realize what this game is.

Do you think that Gaf would have been able to handle this megaton with another X megaton shown at E3 at the same time?

I smell a conspiracy to keep Gaf up...

*tinfoilhat*

Y'know, I would really like this as a change of direction for the series. Hunting were-beasts and succubi in the foggy gas-lit streets of an abandoned Georgian-era town would be awesome. Kind of like an update of Nightmare Creatures, and an interesting juxtaposition to The Order: 1886.

Castlevania vibes would be so awesome:

castlevania4.jpg

DAMN!

How long did that take you?

The tenacity of this board's users is astounding.

well i certainly didn't do it in one sitting, and took alot of breaks doing other stuff. Took me just over a few days of very interspersed reading :)

I had expected some more stats.

Time to completion? Best post? Worst post? Longest post? Shortest post?

Time to completion: unknown (interspersed reading across 3-4 days)
Best post: other than the OP screens/leak? This meltdown.
Worst Post: The same meltdown lol
Longest Post: unknown (altho there was a pretty long one that was kinda off-topic)
Shortest Post: ?

That dedication is a thing of awe.

when GAF is hyped, it is an extraordinary thing :) the gifs, the trains, the "i'm buying ps4 now" posts, the meltdowns, the tears, the joy...all worth it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom