• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound Gameplay Demo [extended IGN First demo in OP]

What game does Scalebound most remind you of?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomeru

This is a game I would have NEVER thought PG made. Seems so unlike them. It has none of their past charm, and it looks like so many other games.

This is a game I would have NEVER thought PG made. Seems so unlike them. It has none of their past charm, and it looks like so many other games.

I disagree. I played all of their console games and I'm really hyped for the game. I don't understand the negative reactions at all.

I'm looking forward to the Nier 2 gameplay thread.

vaibhavp

how does dragon mechanic work? can you control it?

it looks rather disjointed. can you allow dragon to finish all your fights without getting close??

danmaku

You know what would be cool? If the second player could control the dragon. Fuck that Dante wannabe, I want to be the dragon!

Bishop89

How did you guys get xenoblade out of this?

coz

IllustriousConsiderateApatosaur.gif

2781943-7266857099-xx14_.gif

32_by_mcmemie-d8gvzzn.gif

I voted "Hate all of you" mostly out of principle.

That said, I watched the trailer, and wow am I positively surprised. This game looks fucking amazing. It looks like an action RPG. I was expecting pure action, but this looks really cool.

e: I didn't like the look of the main character though. Standard buzz cut Caucasian thirty something guy, ugh

Alot of people dont like the protagonist, myself included. But its probably because we live in an age of bayonetta, or mega bad asses like the chief and kratos Gods like Asura, lovable heroes like Ellie and Nathan. I think anyone would look average compared to some of the AAA franchise heroes we have grown used to.

Man the chief has that epic voice, that guy gets to go home and narrate his life in a voice on par with Morgan Freeman.

meh everyone hated bayonetta when the design was first shown, comments ranged from whey are her legs so long, to why does she look like sarah palin, but the game was so good and stylish to neogaf that they started loving her. kinda like wind waker link, when the first trailer was shown at e3 everyone was pissed as how link looked, then they started loving it.

Drew Scanlon on the latest Bombcast (paraphrasing here): "This game looks like a game like there are others out there that I don't know exist."

BokehKing

Banned
Idk... When I finally watched it, in my mind when I pressed play I was expecting something different... Maybe more like that new transformers game? Hyped went down some, future months will probably change my mind, but right now, not what I was expecting.

4Tran

Scalebound still seems to run pretty rough, so it feels like they're demonstrating it too early. Presented the right way, I can see this game getting quite a bit of attention, but like this the audience is going to be a lot more limited.

@MSFTY: So uh that JRPG you wanted for Xbox One? Its called Scalebound. Customization, levelling up, weapon durability, currency, NPC cities. GOTY
I don't mind people calling Scalebound a JRPG, but I don't like the way this is phrased. A person who's looking to play a JRPG on the Xbone may have needs that this game doesn't satisfy. It's like how a person who wants to play a CRPG on the 3DS may not be satisfied by an Etrian Odyssey game.

rrc1594

Scalebound still seems to run pretty rough, so it feels like they're demonstrating it too early. Presented the right way, I can see this game getting quite a bit of attention, but like this the audience is going to be a lot more limited.

I don't mind people calling Scalebound a JRPG, but I don't like the way this is phrased. A person who's looking to play a JRPG on the Xbone may have needs that this game doesn't satisfy. It's like how a person who wants to play a CRPG on the 3DS may not be satisfied by an Etrian Odyssey game.

Look man X1 owners ain't going to get a lot of JRPGs, so they better be satisfied with what they get TBH

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
1998 called, it wants it's Godzilla back.

Seriously though, I'm not as bowled over as I'd hoped. Looks like you aim the right stick and press a button to direct your monster, while slowly slicing up generic human enemies and other monsters.
And of course they threw in the arm that's covered in the theme of the game, and of course he transforms into a dragon warrior dude.

Johndoey

Banned
I voted "Hate all of you" mostly out of principle.

That said, I watched the trailer, and wow am I positively surprised. This game looks fucking amazing. It looks like an action RPG. I was expecting pure action, but this looks really cool.

e: I didn't like the look of the main character though. Standard buzz cut Caucasian thirty something guy, ugh
In what universe is that kid anywhere near thirty, at most 23.

Johndoey

Banned
his sword looked abit shit, like very small and basic.

also left handed ugh.
You right handed people are a bunch of obnoxiously intolerant fuckers, do you see left handed people complaining that almost everything is made for right handers FUCK NO we don't. But we get one, just fucking one goddamn bit of representation and its a fucking issue.
Fuck you guys

I kid

You right handed people are a bunch of obnoxiously intolerant fuckers, do you see left handed people complaining that almost everything is made for right handers FUCK NO we don't. But we get one, just fucking one goddamn bit of representation and its a fucking issue.
Fuck you guys
Triggered?

varkuriru

I am getting some Earthbound vibes from the game
title :p

Also some last guardian vibes! MS now needs to announce a slim xbone model by the time this releases and I am jumping in day one.

IQ differences aside, the atmosphere in those Xenoblade gifs is damn amazing and I feel trumps Scalebound quite handily... There's a lot of potential for this game to be amazing with polish, but I just hope the world holds up. Stupid to be worried with so little seen however; already judged initial gameplay as okayish, but IGN Extended Demo looked much better already. Praying this game is given all the time it needs to be perfect (delay to 2017 if necessary).

Kssio_Aug

To me it has the exactly same sense of style then other Platinum games. Also, I'm pretty safe the battles are gonna be very frenetic later in the game since this simple, short demo, and certainly from an early section of the game, already has shown some pretty exciting dragon / big monster battles.

rhandino

Banned
Leon and Dante sort of come close, and admittedly they don't have as unique a concept as Amaterasu and Bayonetta, but their colour schemes and silhouettes are, while simple, still distinctive enough to maintain the character Scalebound's lead lacks.
Idk, I think that with those clothes (they are very stylish) + Dragon arm + Dragon he is already distinct enough and tbh I found that his transformation is the one that looks kind of boring =P

Oh well, at least they already nailed the cocky personality that I love from Kamiya characters so I'm fine =P

Fuck you guys

[ S c r e a m i n g ]

BadWolf

Fuck you guys

Nero from DMC4 also uses his sword and gun with his left hand, if that's your thing.

Actually his and the Scalebound guy's set up is the same, use weapon with the left hand and have a devil/dragon right arm. Nero also wore headphones lol.

Kssio_Aug

Nero from DMC4 also uses his sword and gun with his left hand, if that's your thing.

Actually his and the Scalebound guy's set up is the same, use weapon with the left hand and have a devil/dragon right arm. Nero also wore headphones lol.

He seems like a Nero with somewhat DMC3 Dante's personality.

Flintty

Fuck you guys

NtZDkyMDpeOoE.gif

I'm right handed but fair play.

Mokubba

Fuck you guys

Well Damn LOL

BTW Sephiroth is also left handed.

Fuck you guys
Lmao. Don't worry, my dude. One day we lefties will claim dominion over this planet. And righties will bow at our
two
left
feet
foot.

Top Bottom