• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound (XB1/PC, 2017) Xbox E3 Briefing 2016

Neff

But EatChildren said this game would be cool

Between this, TMNT, and Star Fox Zero, Platinum fell the fuck off

Well they made some of the best games ever and nobody paid attention. Maybe they looked at the great sales of shit games and thought "hey, we can do that!"

Kidding, I really like Star Fox Zero and I thought TMNT -although it could and should have been way better- was fine

Lunar15

Not sure I would have gone with Co-Op stuff when we've seen so little of the main game.

Footage was weird, no idea what to make of it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know what the protagonist was doing half the time...
Man I hope this turns out well, but I'm not on board so far.

JimiNutz

Banned
Gameplay did nothing for me unfortunately.
I've always loved the idea of the game but never been impressed by the gameplay.

Maybe it's one of those games that you need to act play to understand.

dude

dude
I have no idea what people's problem with the main character is, he looks fun.
Anyway, game looks good IMO.

nowai

Wasn't feeling the boss fight tbh, but I have faith in P*.

Also thanks to it coming to PC, I have zero need to buy an xbox now.

It seems nobody knows how to make appealing giant enemy crabs at E3.

Jokes aside... the combos that the guy fighting using a spear looked far more impressive than hitting the thing with tiny arrows.

B.O.O.M

Probably one of the, if not the worst showing so far for a game at E3. What a let down. I had my doubts because I didn't think the earlier showings were all that great but this took that and turned up the dial all the way up. Terrible

Game looked pretty bad to be honest, really disappointed. This was one of my anticipated games, was expecting a lot when Kamiya + lots of money hats were involved.\

90% of the combat was sniping the monster with a boring bow and arrow plus space harrier dragon combat (aka the Kamiya standard). The other 10% was generic sword combo on giant squishy weak point.

ikr, very dissapointed.

DMC5 save us plz

What the fuck has happened to Platinum?

Korra, Star Fox, TMNT, and now this. Yikes.

I keep seeing this and keep thinking those games have their reasons. Mind you, not excuses that exempt Platinum from the stained record.

This right here could legitimately be just bad, full stop.

Okami will no longer be the worst Kamiya game come 2017

the old dog can finally rest, and after 40 hours of that game, he deserves it

Spam that bow when you have a fucking dragon. Felt so dumb.

Was my exact thought process.

"Oh man I have this huge badass motherfucking dragon I can shoot giant flaming magic bombs and shit from! ....Or I mean I could just stand here on the ground like a dumbass barely moving in front of this gargantuan crab monster firing piddly arrows at it. That's cool too."

synce

Looked boring. Kamiya needs to play and study Shadow of the Colossus and find out what made those battles exciting.

KissVibes

Banned
Platinum Games has had what, like four misses in a row now? Between this, Star Fox Zero, and those garbage licensed games this seems like a huge cry from the beloved studio they were. Maybe they were never good. Maybe it was all a lie.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Pray for Nier Automata 😥😥😥

Jobbs

Banned
Terrible. Low point of an otherwise pretty solid show

(aside from the constant insistence of the director that we see the room instead of the games)

Platinum Games has had what, like four misses in a row now? Between this, Star Fox Zero, and those garbage licensed games this seems like a huge cry from the beloved studio they were. Maybe they were never good. Maybe it was all a lie.

Nothing bad about Transformers.
Still think this willbe great, not doubting Kamiya.

Top Bottom