• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SD Card and USB C Cord Suggestions for Switch

eyesradar

Eyeing a decent USB-A to C chargers for the Switch... Any solid reccemondations? Got an Anker powerline+ A to C as my main cable.

It's no t like you're required to buy an SD card right away just because there is a slot for one, I'm not going to bother because I am not planning on using the eShop probably ever.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Is this for real? If so, I'd jump all over it. Seems to be a sale, though I'm not sure for how long.

Link here.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's more amazing...getting that much capacity for just $60, or the fact that it got marked down from $419.99. WTH!! Were the prices really that outrageous?

65389853.jpg

For portable batteries, I think Anker PowerCore 20100 is probably one of the best for the Switch. Its output is 5V and 2.4 amps and is USB-C to USB-C. The Anker PowerCore II 20000 has a greater output of 5V and 3 amps (but it's not USB-C to USB-C). From what I read on reddit, the Switch input is less than 2.6 amps and likely charges at 2.0 to 2.4 amps at 5 volts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5vhw9y/a_notsobrief_explanationanalysis_of_the_switch/

2 USB-C to USB-C cables are included with the Anker PowerCore 20100.

Trevelyan

Banned
For portable batteries, I think Anker PowerCore 20100 is probably one of the best for the Switch. Its output is 5V and 2.4 amps and is USB-C to USB-C. The Anker PowerCore II 20000 has a greater output of 5V and 3 amps (but it's not USB-C to USB-C). From what I read on reddit, the Switch input is less than 2.6 amps and likely charges at 2.0 to 2.4 amps at 5 volts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5vhw9y/a_notsobrief_explanationanalysis_of_the_switch/

2 USB-C to USB-C cables are included with the Anker PowerCore 20100.

Thank you very very much. This helps a lot. I did a bit more reading and it seems this particular model charges at 3.0 amps with usb-C, so that should definitely be fine. Looks like I'll pull the trigger!

Jigolo

Every QC 4.0 device will follow USB guidelines, right? If so I'll wait for those portable batteries to ensure there are no issues with USB C or voltages

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just wanted to thank for this thread, I have now an Anker 20100+ power pack and a 128gb Sandisk MicroSDHC card. I can finally have a single charger for my MacBook, iPhone and portable console. Just need a USB-C to Apple Watch cable to be released by Apple, and I will dump all my old chargers for good.

Can I use the HDMI from Wii u with the switch ? I use a receiver and it is a pain in the neck to replace the HDMI due to cable management. I assume I don't need any fancy HDMI for the switch, and the ones that come with it should be de regular ones right ?

Lexxism

Is there any benefit in buying a faster micro SD card for Switch?
To be honest, we don't know yet. We don't even know if Switch supports uhs-ii. I'm currently at wait and see before I buy one. Good thing I have a good 64gb sdxc lying around. I'll use that for the mean and wait for any test.

RockmanBN

Should I be returning this SD card. I'm only getting a 14MB write speed and 30MB read speed. Isn't this supposed to read 80MB+ or is the adapter that the card comes with slows it down?

zNlkeLz.png

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just to get this straight, the Switch itself does not come with a charger that goes directly from the switch to the wall, correct? You need to put it in the dock?
You can plug the cable that comes with the Switch in to either the dock or directly into the console.

Do I really need to buy a SD card for the switch if I don't plan on buying anything from the eshop? Are save files saved on the game card? Does the switch have internal memory?

Sorry if it's been asked, but what's the consensus on the Anker 28600 vs the 20100? Both say they can charge a MacBook via USB-C, but is one considered better than the other for the Switch?

Do I really need to buy a SD card for the switch if I don't plan on buying anything from the eshop? Are save files saved on the game card? Does the switch have internal memory?

Saves are stored in the system memory, but if you don't plan to buy anything online , it should be enough at this point , unless the patches and updates are really large, but just for saves you are more than fine

Protome

So where are people landing on battery solutions? I've been meaning to pick one up for my phone anyway, so this seems like as good a time as any.

PIcked up a 128GB SD card too, which given the pretty barebones launch lineup and relatively small size of games should hopefully do me a bit.

Top Bottom