• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ARMS Invitational Tournament April 29-30 in Japan [Streaming Now]

Speely

Banned
I really want Nintendo to do a cross-over with the Arma III guys. Imagine how sick it'd be to punch a tank to death, although I'm not sure how it would fight back. I don't think tanks have arms...

Master mummy is thicc

Hah.

I want a large arena-based mech game made by this dev team called, oh, let's say "Virtual On."

I would do bad things for that.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The ramen chef dude who looks like he came to the show in his pajamas looked like he was legit about to cry cause he couldn't take a picture with Kuramochi.

Edit: I'd love if one of the characters was an homage to Virtual On

Dyle

Will you guys be disappointed if we can't recreate this epic battle in Arms?

V9u2n.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Really? Everything I know is a lie. I heard it was something you're supposed to put on when you have a cough.

It's for both, but a lot of people at these events and people who aren't comfortable on camera wear them.

A lot of women wear them as an anti-harassment measure, too.

Totakeke

Hmm, I don't think I've seen anyone use the party popper arms. Are those bad or awkward to use?

Edit: OH SHIT PERFECT

I think MOV was using it during the exhibition match prior to these matches and he did pretty well with them. It's a bit like multi-hit weak punches iirc.

scottnak

It's for both, but a lot of people at these events and people who aren't comfortable on camera wear them.

A lot of women wear them as an anti-harassment measure, too.

I think it also gives an excuse for the ladies to do less make-up work too!

wow. clean victory there. :0

Speely

Banned
I can't see how this RG player is this dominant. Maybe I will understand once I play the game.

Edit: To be more precise, her game looks haphazard but it's really effective. Perhaps I just don't understand the actual game enough to judge these things.

Dyle

Ribbon girl player proving that waggling is a legit technique. Guess I'll have to play a bunch of the prequel Wrists before playing Arms

Kudo

Really? Everything I know is a lie. I heard it was something you're supposed to put on when you have a cough.

Both really, they sell personalized masks there too and it's part of the culture I wish would spread to other countries too.
It's pretty annoying that some people don't even try to cover their mouth when they cough.

People really need to block more and not just to charge the ARMS the reduction in damage is far too great to ignore and some like Spring Man reward this by offering a perfect block mechanic.

Edit: I'm pretty tired of the basic stage, mummy's stage or DNA Man's stage pls or Stairs pls.

Cerium

Both really, they sell personalized masks there too and it's part of the culture I wish would spread to other countries too.
It's pretty annoying that some people don't even try to cover their mouth when they cough.
I get the other uses now, and understand that the widespread practice facilitates them, but the masks don't actually do anything to prevent contagion.

Washing your hands is much more effective.

Speely

Banned
Which is weird because earlier, it seemed like players were blocking too much o_O

Correct, which led to the "this is a grab game" comments. It seems to me that when people block a lot, they get grabbed a lot. Same could be said of any other thing people do a lot.

God, I need this game to be released. I can't wait to argue with my fellow gaffers about it.

Top Bottom