• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics Collection hitting retail in North America (April 26th, $29.99)

Unison

I own all of the previously released ones already through the eShop. I'd like to continue my collection through the eshop.

Are these new titles cart exclusives?

JazzmanZ

That is why I didn't get my hopes up, because I knew that 9 times out of 10, that companies would announce that "something big is coming!", then telling everyone what they want to hear, & it always turns out to be a disappointment in the end.

Thats all on them man, when people hear "If you're a fan of classics tune in tomorrow for a game announcement" and make it sound like "something BIG is coming" thats there problem

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My only disappointment is that I already own seven or eight of these games. Doesn't matter though, buying it again for Power Drift and Puyo Puyo!

Arkeband

Banned
Weird that the most well known game in there is also sold separately (sonic), and they didn't bother to throw in Sonic 2, also sold seperately.

It's not much of a collection.

ohlawd

lol at the reaction

this is some age divide shit. when someone says classic, how far back do you think it'd be? last gen? lol

Note: because of the quirks of trying to localize a game hard-coded in Japanese, the game has been left entirely in its original language. English instructions are available in the included digital manual.
I wonder if the SEGA tweet about ignoring localization a few months back was actually referring to this rather than Puyo Tetris. lol

zenpuff

Neo Member
I'm actually really excited about this. I love the majority of the games in the package and haven't tried a couple of them. Plus, the website says it has 3DS themes included and I'm a sucker for that stupid shit!

Aww 3DS? Oh well, nothing too interesting on here.

The Sega Genesis Collection on PSP is way better than this, and only $10.

Not really. These are all excellent, detailed ports, often with multiple improvements. The Galaxy Force II port is one of the best-looking versions of the game you can play. The Fantasy Zone II port is of the incredible System-16 remake previously only found in a Japanese PS2 release.

The Sega Genesis Collection for PSP was just a basic emulation job, IIRC.

Seriously how unrealistic do you have to be to be upset by this announcement? Casually teased with the term "classics", everyone was hoping/expecting Power Drift and Puyo Puyo to make it over

The only disappointment for me is that I already own all of the 3D classics so I'm hesitant to buy the collection, despite very much wanting the new games.

M2 does incredible work, anyone writing it off as "just a collection" hasn't tried them

stuminus3

Fantasy Zone II W is the greatest game of all time so I sure as hell hope you people crapping on this announcement are just upset because you own it already. Right?

anothertech

Lol at anyone with expectations from Sega at this point!

It's so fun to throw the highest anticipated pipe dreams at them though... And just watch them as they continuously shat upon those dreams again and again over the years! Oh. Sega.

Tizoc

*world-weary sigh*

I'm going to buy this for Power Drift, aren't I?

Hopefully the Sega 3D Classics line will continue. And hopefully with more arcade games, and not just Genesis ports.

First post mentions it being digital, sine all other games are already available PD and PP2 are likely to be separate digital titles too.
And really you do know who made that awesome cover art don't you? Because that boxart alone is worth the price of admission.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I want this. What's with all the hate?

People thought this was going to be Shenmue HD? Or something?

I don't know, it's insane. People in the thread where they teased this were throwing out shit like PC versions of Shin Megami Tensei and all kinds of nonsense.

Het_Nkik

I JUST imported the first Sega 3D Classics Collection from Japan...

So this is awesome since this is the second one. Now I don't have to import this one as well.

Neff

I'm a fan of the classics but I just want Power Drift because I've already bought all the others on 3DS.

Solo digital release for Power Drift in Europe, please.

This looks great, I'll definitely pre-order. Especially excited for Puyo Puyo!

I haven't bought any of these on the eShop previously, so this seems like a pretty good deal to me.

How about a "We stupidly locked these games to one or two consoles in the post-Dreamcast era" collection with Sonic Colors Wii, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, GunValkyrie, and Billy Hatcher instead?

No? Too monumentally awesome an idea for you, SEGA?

Sweet. Nice to see this come over to the west. Hopefully it'll be a part of that Prime discount deal.

Why is everyone disappointed?

Does this include everything or just some of them? I was thinking to buy Archives 1+2 in Japan but this might be easier.

It's basically Archives 2, which is why it includes Fantasy Zone II, but not Fantasy Zone.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already have all of the 3D Classics releases on my 3DS. Will the 4 new games be released outside of the bundle?

Buying most of the games I already have again in a collection because of the 4 I don't have is a dumb thing to do (even though the 4 I don't come up to 24 dollars if they're 6 dollar seach, as they usually are).

Having to run a bundled release digitally when I already have all the other games separated in their own cutesy folders on 3DS fires off my OCD in ways I didn't know were possible.

Top Bottom