• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics Collection hitting retail in North America (April 26th, $29.99)

7threst

Jezus what did people expect, a Skies of Arcadia HD remake or something? This is a great collection man! Why do people set themselves up for disappointment? Jeez...

-Horizon-

Some of the posts in this thread jeez.

This looks like a good collection especially after hearing about how well the other 3D classics have been made.

Espiox

What's different in this version compared to the Japanese 3D Classic Archive 2?

English menus, probably English on the loading screen tips, that's it. Puyo Puyo is still Japanese in-game even. In fact, the Japanese version also includes Master System Fantasy Zone 1 if you played the first collection, so there's less in this version.

iP8csg8.png

VGP.COM ain't VideoGamesPlus.ca, SEGA!

wondermega

Will probably buy for Power Drift at some point.

Ditto- I am pretty happy to see Maze Hunter is on there, too! I hope this sells decently enough to encourage Sega and M2 to keep powering through with these conversions.

OT, isn't the Mega Man 3DS collection due to be released soon as well?

Neff

They're perfect ports with added save states, and there are way more of them. I don't see how these ports could be much better. And can you really have the "best-looking version" of anything on a 3DS screen?

M2's ports are light years ahead of Digital Eclipse/Backbone's ports, not only in terms of options and features but also the accuracy of the ports themselves.

lol what a fucking disappointment. why even hint at Shenmue ports for PS4 if it was going to be this

If Sega is sitting on HD versions of Shenmue, they'd be stupid to release them now as opposed to releasing them closer to Shenmue III's release.

RK128

Haha XD! ......... :l.

To be serious, its nice that we are getting this, as a few of those games never came to NA and EU 3DS E-Shop. Still, we wanted something like a Classic collection on consoles or a new game from an iconic Sega franchise.

But still, this is a nice gesture and if this does well, the second retail collection will come over and that would be cool.

Tizoc

it's not Sega's fault y'all went bananas

Ayup.
Regardless this is a great outcome X3

Oh I know. It's just the sigh knowing that I've already bought most of these digitally, but I can't let Power Drift and Puyo Puyo 2 slip by. This collection has been out in Japan for a little while, with no eshop release of the aforementioned two in sight, so they might remain retail exclusive.

I bought all those games day 1 and I will gladly buy this compilation day 1 too.
Hell if the other games release digitally too I'm double dipping
Dat sumagori boxart <3

Joqu

This is pretty much what I wanted it to be, I just wish they had went with the bundle. :(

You think we'll get the first wave's retail release if this one does well?

M2's ports are light years ahead of Digital Eclipse/Backbone's ports, not only in terms of options and features but also the accuracy of the ports themselves.

Seriously. In many cases they've gone back and revamped these games while simultaneously respecting the source material. Galaxy Force II is beautiful on it, but it isn't some ugly upscaled, "HD remastered" disaster.

Comparing M2's masterful port work to Backbone's half assed garbage?

There's "simply mistaken" and "profoundly ignorant". This falls in the latter catagory.

flattie

Is it a wonder that publishers don't bother giving their back catalogue the care and attention many of the titles deserve when even on places like GAF, you get a multitude of ignorant comments and reactions.

These 3DS games are quite stunning examples of how to treat your legacy (not an area that Sega are always well known for). Google some interviews with M2 to get a bit of insight.

Shame on the commenters who fail to recognise that and choose instead to allow themselves to be hyped by a PR tweet.

This is a good announcement. Well done, Sega.

Producer

They're perfect ports with added save states, and there are way more of them. I don't see how these ports could be much better. And can you really have the "best-looking version" of anything on a 3DS screen?

If Backbone/Digital Eclipse ports are perfect ports then M2's are divine ports created by God himself.

Ayup.
Regardless this is a great outcome X3

I bought all those games day 1 and I will gladly buy this compilation day 1 too.
Hell if the other games release digitally too I'm double dipping
Dat sumagori boxart <3

Oh, I was very close to buying the compilation for my JP 3DS as it is. This just makes the decision easier. :)

morikaze

Banned
This is great having not yet bought any of Sega's 3D remasters i'd much rather own them this way than digitally. Hopefully they will release a part two of this collection for the rest of the games.

Joqu

Uh yeah, obviously? Even ignoring the added 3D effect it's a great screen for retro games because of its resolution.

What's worse, people annoyed at the announcement or people claiming to be True Fans™ and that everybody else is a baby?
Folks acting as though SEGA posted a screenshot of Bayonetta and Yu Suzuki hi fiving in front of a Vanquish boss fight with Yuzo Koshiro DJing in the background and the words "TUNE IN TOMORROW!" in Golden Axe font

Top Bottom