• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Sage: Hellblade 2 Debuts at 23rd in Xbox's "Most Played Games" Rankings; 6th Most Played Game Pass

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
You mean exactly like other first party games such as Returnal last year....

Thank you.

Revisionist history, persecution complex...this game sure hit a nerve with some ppl.
But also, "AAA" is just marketing fluff used to sell product.
Hey, tell that to the devs. They consider the game they made AAA.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Is Hellblade 2 a AA or AAA game?
For MS’s CFO it is an AAah 🙀 game!

200.gif

Hey, I liked The Order 1886 so I am bound to like this and I have it on my XSX, so I will see (still need to get to it).

djjinx2

So you both show me a Game Awards video announcing HellBlade.

When multiple posters in this very thread make it out to be a huge announcement at Series X reveal.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

When multiple posters in this very thread make it out to be a huge announcement at Series X reveal.

Yes I see the timestamp of a game being announced. So? Every game gets an announcement?
It was literally after Phil Spencer spoke.....he literally introduced the clip....huh?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Yes I see the timestamp of a game being announced. So? Every game gets an announcement?

You proper simple, lad?

Game Awards 2019. Big Series X reveal. Straight into Senua trailer. Literally the first fucking game fat Phil talks about for the console. You don't get much more 'this is a showcase for our new console' than that.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Yeah what’s the deal? The combat and graphics almost makes up for the snoozefest walks and boring puzzles. I don’t care that it’s sometimes automated, the combat is pure adrenaline, wild, brutal, immersive, gory, awesome, I love it! I haven’t finished it yet but I think I’m getting close and that makes me sad.
the combat is literally quick time events masked behind 'blocking' and hitting the Y button. There is essentially no strategy to it. I actually can't believe they dumbed down the combat from the original. You at least had to think about your enviroment and kite enemies around so you wouldn't get surrounded.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Not really surprised. It's effectively a sequel to an art house game where the combat was just ok and a lot of visual puzzles. But it sure does look pretty. I'm planning on checking it out after I've finished FF7 Rebirth but I'm a completionist and holy crap does that game have a lot of things to complete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom