• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Sage: Hellblade 2 Debuts at 23rd in Xbox's "Most Played Games" Rankings; 6th Most Played Game Pass

T-0800

community paper GIF

I'm still unsure as to who exactly decided to greenlight such an obscure game then show it at every fucking game show yet NOT advertise it to the masses!
The whole purpose of Hellblade 2 was the pre-release marketing. It was the game that showcased the power of the Series system in 2019. It showed up at nearly every Xbox event for 4 years to build up hype of "Next-Gen" graphics. It was only this past January, at the direct, where they pulled the rug and said it was a "shorter 50$ experience" that plays more like a tech demo than an actual game

MacReady13

The whole purpose of Hellblade 2 was the pre-release marketing. It was the game that showcased the power of the Series system in 2019. It showed up at nearly every Xbox event for 4 years to build up hype of "Next-Gen" graphics. It was only this past January, at the direct, where they pulled the rug and said it was a "shorter 50$ experience" that plays more like a tech demo than an actual game
To say that Microsoft has dropped the ball for the last 2 and a half gens would be a huge understatement.

SRTtoZ

Jesus Christ, no wonder companies push so hard for GAAS. The entire top 25 is all GAAS except for about 3 games.
A good GAAS can keep people interested in it for a long time and people like that. They like to get their 'moneys worth' when it comes to their time especially with inflation these days. It is what it is. I'm more a fan of a singleplayer story driven game myself but I can understand the GAAS mindset with games like Destiny 1/2 as I put a ton of time into those games.

It’s a fantastic game…just not one up my alley. There is a lot of effort put in; the graphics are incredible and you can see that effort at every turn and they’ve got some great setpiece sequences, but at times it feels like it’s copying exactly what I disliked about the Uncharted series: Routine.

It’s a fantastic game…just not one up my alley. There is a lot of effort put in; the graphics are incredible and you can see that effort at every turn and they’ve got some great setpiece sequences, but at times it feels like it’s copying exactly what I disliked about the Uncharted series: Routine.

I was in this same boat during the end of the 360 gen and most of last gen. I hated “walking simulators” and like you, I classified Uncharted as one (and Gears, and Last of Us, lots of others). It seemed like after Gears and Uncharted, almost every big AAA game became these scripted action games where you had a huge action scene then walking. It got so boring.

Maybe now I am just sick of the new wave of AAA slop… everything is open world and overloaded with bloated busywork nonsense. I’ve been enjoying these story type games more and more. This, Medium, Firewatch, Soma, Virginia, NITW, Call of the Sea, Plague Tale and Requiem, Oxenfree, Forgotten City, among others. My achievement list is full of them now as I have drifted further and further away from big AAA games. Also got the PS5 plat’s on both Last of Us games and enjoyed them very much. There was also that time travel game with I think Walken on Xbox a couple years ago… forgot the name. There are loads from PS3 I want to go back and check out but BC for PS3 is non existent.

Weird to see people saying HB2 isn’t actually a game. I think the incredible graphics are confusing them, they’re used to walking sims not having the best graphics they’ve ever seen.

Fredrik

the combat is literally quick time events masked behind 'blocking' and hitting the Y button.
Can’t agree, I’ve just seen the credits roll, played with hard combat difficulty, I loved it, and the combat is awesome. Just wish the final fight was bigger.

Top Bottom