• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 13th

Javin98

Banned
Okay, using the below for prediction results.

PS4 - 340K
XB1 - 280K
3DS - 123K (split of 120K and 125K with guidance)
WIU - 85K

NeoGAF Prediction Results - September 2015

Units

91. Javin98 - 158,000

Overall 2015 Top (7/9)
11. Javin98 689.07
Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg

I went from #2 to #91? Damn! I really overshot my PS4 predictions. Well, on the bright side, at least I'm still at #11 overall.

I don't understand this complaint since it wouldn't exist if Forza Horizon was called "Racing Horizon" (or just some other name).

As long as the games continue on being good then I couldn't care less.
You are part of a rapidly dwindling audience. We don't need a new Forza branded racing game every...single...year.

Bgamer90

Banned
You are part of a rapidly dwindling audience. We don't need a new Forza branded racing game every...single...year.

What I'm trying to understand though is what difference a name without the word "Forza" would make for the Horizon series. Quality would be the same and sales would more than likely be too based on other recent new racing game IPs (if not worse).

NateDrake

PS4 - 340K
XB1 - 280K
WIU - 85K

Units

1. Tratorn - 30,000
2. Spazgadget - 31,000
3. NateDrake - 33,000

Top 3 photo finish in Units this month! :O

Wow, that's my best finish ever. Curse you, 3DS and my underestimating!

[3DS] 100k [WIU] 85k [XB1] 280k [PS4] 350k

madp0k

Oh no, donny2112 and madp0k are pretty close to me on overall.

Been a great battle all year fella but these next 3 months are going to be hell for leaderboard. I'm chuffed that I've been in the running until now, if you play us both right now you should have it in the bag :)

Kill3r7

Been a great battle all year fella but these next 3 months are going to be hell for leaderboard. I'm chuffed that I've been in the running until now, if you play us both right now you should have it in the bag :)

Best of luck to you guys. Although, the next 3 months could be crazy enough sales wise to turn the entire table on its head.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I didnt have faith in Mario Maker moving Wii U units.

What was I smoking...

I never know what to even guess for 3DS numbers.

It was never that big in the US even, GT3 was heavily bundled in the US, it doesn't represent the real size of the sims racers market in the US at the time.

But yeah, I don't expect anywhere close to 2.8 million in the US for GT7, but ~1.5 million is still very possible, not in the first month but eventually. GT games were never frontloaded anyway.
I'm definitely not into racing sims and would certainly fall under that category of only wanting one game like that per gen. Same with SF, Mario Kart, etc..you only need one and rock it for like 5 years. But GT is different, I'm waiting for GT7 and day one at that, no question. I think it will bring back some of that PS2 gen glory. GT for me is Poke'cars and the new benchmark for what the machine can do graphically.I'm very much coming from a casual perspective in this genre which is why I just 'lol' when hardcore guys complain about how many cars are in the game and not all are fully HD interiors etc...casual gamers like me just like to see there current/old cars in the game, race/customize them on a beautiful track.

Just a hunch, but I think GT7 is going to be a big deal in every region if PD knocks puts the quality and effort in.

Hammer24

Banned
Congrats, Tratorn! :)

Donny, could you please post the full standings? Or at least top200 or something - I want to see where I´m at... :-/

Tubie

PS4 - 340K
XB1 - 280K
WIU - 85K

Units

9. Tubie - 53,000

Wow I should remember to do predictions more often!

I haven't predicted in quite some time, but here goes:

[3DS] 100k
[PS4] 340k
[WIU] 65k
[XB1] 290k

Damn you 3DS and Wii U, I underestimated you both.

So does anyone still find it weird that Halo 5 launched today and UCC Bundle is still first on the hourly chart on Amazon? (Waiting for the Monthly Chart Update)

Tubie

So does anyone still find it weird that Halo 5 launched today and UCC Bundle is still first on the hourly chart on Amazon? (Waiting for the Monthly Chart Update)

Yea I noticed that too.

I fully expected the Halo 5 bundle to be ahead by a large margin once Halo 5 came out.

It's probably due to the deal Amazon has tho, you get Destiny TTK free with that Uncharted bundle.

On Demand

Banned

It's the same way at BB, GS, and WM. Been like that all month.

*Gulp*

EDIT-

The monthly might show the Halo 5 bundle ahead of the TLoU bundle since it went out of stock. Unless the Uncharted bundle sold enough to make up for it.

Elios83

Yea I noticed that too.

I fully expected for the Halo 5 bundle to be ahead by a large margin once Halo 5 came out.

It's probably due to the deal Amazon has tho, you get Destiny TTK free with that Uncharted bundle.

Bundle was released last week, it peaked last week.
People interested in a 500$ box are not exactly casual gamers...they know what they want and they buy it as soon as available.

Amazon October Update just happened in the past hour or two. Halo Bundle is in the lead. It is also crazy to me how many PS4 preorders Sony must have built up with the COD and Star Wars Bundles. Sony is going to hang a nice number up there in November, considering people have been buying these 2 bundles for like 2 months. Halo Bundle also had some preorder bundle momentum built up, considering it charted in August (but not in September).

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Uncharted Collection Bundle 25
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51
XB1 Gears of War Bundle 99

Only Bold count in October NPD!

Amazon October Update just happened in the past hour or two.

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Uncharted Collection Bundle 25
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51
XB1 Gears of War Bundle 99

Only Bold count in October NPD!

This is gonna be a close one.

Top Bottom