• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 13th

hawk2025

Amazon October Update just happened in the past hour or two. Halo Bundle is in the lead. It is also crazy to me how many PS4 preorders Sony must have built up with the COD and Star Wars Bundles. Sony is going to hang a nice number up there in November, considering people have been buying these 2 bundles for like 2 months. Halo Bundle also had some preorder bundle momentum built up, considering it charted in August (but not in September).

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Uncharted Collection Bundle 25
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51
XB1 Gears of War Bundle 99

Only Bold count in October NPD!

hmmmm, together with the 24th position in August, I'm close to calling it for Xbox in October.

Amazon October Update just happened in the past hour or two.

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51

Going to be a tight one, but with the PS4's extra SKU's there's a distinct risk this will be the second month that Amazon gets the order wrong. My chips are going to be on the PS4 side of the fence for October.

On Demand

Banned
Amazon October Update just happened in the past hour or two. Halo Bundle is in the lead. It is also crazy to me how many PS4 preorders Sony must have built up with the COD and Star Wars Bundles. Sony is going to hang a nice number up there in November, considering people have been buying these 2 bundles for like 2 months. Halo Bundle also had some preorder bundle momentum built up, considering it charted in August (but not in September).

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51

Just like i said.

Elios83

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51

It will be close, the UC bundle has been seelling better for a while so with the final update it should come again on top for the month.
But it will be close.
Whoever wins it will be a <50k margin.

Tubie

XB1 Halo Bundle 23
PS4 Star Wars Bundle 28
PS4 Last Of Us Bundle 38
PS4 Destiny Bundle 46
PS4 COD Bundle 51

Don't forget that Xbox will also have August and September worth of Halo 5 bundle pre-orders that will count towards October's NPD.

I think Xbox will win it, but not by a crazy margin.

Isn't that a big jump from where it was before?

The last update had it at 27, and the PS4 TLOU at 22. It was like that for at least 3 days. For some reason, Amazon hasn't updated it "daily" in the last few days.

So not a necessarily a HUGE jump, but a nice one! TLOU PS4 Bundle was sold out for a while, so it tumbled while the UC Bundle made a nice jump as well! The Uncharted Bundle jumped similarly to how the Halo Bundle jumped, it was only a few spots behind the Halo Bundle before.

Boke1879

It will be close, the UC bundle has been seelling better for a while so with the final update it should come again on top for the month.
But it will be close.
Whoever wins it will be a <50k margin.

If Sony "loses this month by a less than 50k margin. You take that shit. Because you know damn well when November hits you have the marketing for 2 of the biggest games that will move hardware

Boke1879

Just gonna post my thoughts here but Sony have really positioned the PS4 very well. After the confrence today. 2016 is truly looking like a great year for them. In early 2016 we got The Witness, SFV, Deus Ex, Mirrors Edge, Farcry Prima, Uncharted 4. Then we get NMS, Horizon, Persona 5.

2016 is looking like a monster year.

Just gonna post my thoughts here but Sony have really positioned the PS4 very well. After the confrence today. 2016 is truly looking like a great year for them. In early 2016 we got The Witness, SFV, Deus Ex, Mirrors Edge, Farcry Prima, Uncharted 4. Then we get NMS, Horizon, Persona 5.

2016 is looking like a monster year.

You forgot Ratchet & Clank.

Top Bottom