• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Moon

Neo Member
Why would it be announced only for PS4?

because Sega cant fund it and they need someone to help fund the game and the marketing... Sony is the Likely Candidate of the Big 3 to do it. They have the install base, and they used to bet on games like shenmue (See Heavy Rain and Beyond)

Darknight

See this is why bringing Shenmue back is an issue.

If one company is gonna fund this game you Shenmue fans have to accept its gonna be exclusive to whoever is doing the funding. Period.

People always complaining about this crap makes you negative all the time. Even if Yu farted the name "Shenmue", that should please you guys.

Hope its cancelled now and/or ends up in iOS only. Now who is your god now?

Danchi

Where did QD involvement talk come from?

People think that, for it to happen, Sony would have to fund it + Quantic Dream are associated with quick-time events

When the rumour initially materialised I said to myself "God, I hope that doesn't happen." Then I realised that, for a split second, I actually believed Shenmue 3 was a thing.

Synth

If one company is gonna fund this game you Shenmue fans have to accept its gonna be exclusive to whoever is doing the funding. Period.

People always complaining about this crap makes you negative all the time. Even if Yu farted the name "Shenmue", that should please you guys.

Actually, we've already established that CrimsonEclipse doesn't have a soul (so God would be irrelevant here). He didn't even like Shenmue, so don't wish bad things on the rest of us!

It's a logical deduction based on Sony's history of supporting niche games and several indications from Sega showing no interest. Now add the several "casual" meetings Yu Suzuki has had with Sony executives over the last few years. You start piecing this together it starts to form a picture.

Doesn't mean it's valid. It could just as likely end up as an Xbone or Wii U exclusive.

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
#TeamHuber
NLj8q6j.png

At this point, I think "why wouldn't it be?" is a better question.

Yakuza team could do a good Shenmue I'd imagine. Why wouldn't they ignore the other Shenmue games though? Yakuza isn't Shenmue, or related to it in any way.
for years every time someone brought up shenmue 3 you'd have a bunch of people all dogpiling on them to say that yakuza games are just shenmue except better, shenmue is redundant because we have yakuza now, etc.

I think yakuza games suck and I agree they are nothing like shenmue.

As for your question 'why wouldn't they ignore the other shenmue games' I uh....I'm not sure what you're asking. Was that a typo or a real question?

Uhhh...what? Doesn't matter to me who secures it as an exclusive to me in all honesty.

I know a lot of people want it but...I was just curious to know if something was implied for it to be a PS4 exclusive or whatever.

A.Romero

God, I hope they announce it... Even if it's a 2d, final fight clone with a f2p model.

Just give us some shenmue! I'm dying to hear that damn violin again.

I have this terrible fear that if any of the big 3 ever finance ShenMue 3 that they'd demand the rights to the IP and change things around. Could get ugly. Has nightmares of how Rob Zombie ruined Hallloween.

Corto

It won't happen people! Can you imagine the size of the class action suit whoever announced it would have to face due to mass strokes and cardiac accidents from people watching it? It would be irresponsible to announce this and TLG on the same E3. They would kill their target audience right then and there.

Actually, we've already established that CrimsonEclipse doesn't have a soul (so God would be irrelevant here). He didn't even like Shenmue, so don't wish bad things on the rest of us!

Hey! I have a soul...I didn't say it was a bad game, I just thought it was average. It had it's good moments. That is not to say I wouldn't be interested in a new entry of the series.

It's a logical deduction based on Sony's history of supporting niche games and several indications from Sega showing no interest. Now add the several "casual" meetings Yu Suzuki has had with Sony executives over the last few years. You start piecing this together it starts to form a picture.

Doesn't mean it's valid. It could just as likely end up as an Xbone or Wii U exclusive.

Ah I see, that I did not know.

Breakage

Forklift could be a reference to surprise reveal of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 2 (featuring Ryo in a powered up forklift) and it'll be a Wii U exclusive.

Blue_Moon

Neo Member
How trustworthy is that site? Have they hit or missed on things like this before?

Honestly, i have no idea whatsoever, any french dudes out there and tell us how their rep is?

i was just looking to see what was being reported out there and i came across that, found it interesting enough to post it here.

Synth

Ppl in this thread...surely you realize yall embody the definition of insanity

Every year...lmao

Every year we're wrong... but one year we may be right., and at that point people such as yourself will be wrong both retroactively, and forever in the future. :)

for years every time someone brought up shenmue 3 you'd have a bunch of people all dogpiling on them to say that yakuza games are just shenmue except better, shenmue is redundant because we have yakuza now, etc.

I think yakuza games suck and I agree they are nothing like shenmue.

As for your question 'why wouldn't they ignore the other shenmue games' I uh....I'm not sure what you're asking. Was that a typo or a real question?

It just sounded like you expected it to be the Yakuza staff's place to fill in the rest of Suzuki's story. Shenmue isn't their game, so they ignore it. It makes sense.

Also, I get annoyed by the whole "Yakuza's the same but better" BS too, but that's just some of its fans being asshats. It has nothing to do with the game itself of those that created it.

Hey! I have a soul...I didn't say it was a bad game, I just thought it was average. It had it's good moments. That is not to say I wouldn't be interested in a new entry of the series.

Ok, pretend I said "he didn't even like Shenmue enough". :p

Komo

Banned
I've never played Shenmue, and quite frankly it seems like one of the most overhyped games ever created but I'd love to give it a shot, and it'd be fantastic to see fans finally get an ending for the series

With that said, it's not gonna happen

Nibel

This is the year brehs

Never again will people speak of Shenmue fans as insane assholes with too much time at their hands

mjcry1dosgi.png

Never again will we have to go through the process of getting hyped for nothing

mjcry1dosgi.png

I can feel it - the pain ends on Monday

Corto

Nah that was taken ages ago, Yu is just Huber's hero

Stop being reasonable! We are facing 40 something hours of sleepless excruciating waiting for closure... Until next E3 or Yu candid tweet photo of a sailor with a winky emoji at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom