• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flattie

$4.4 Million - Baisha Village Expanded: Additional Quest - REACHED!

94ka7DL.png

Another one bites the dust :)

Xieldos

This is crazy how quick this is going. I thought for sure we'd only see a small bump after PS4 physical was announced but no we just keep on trucking :)

This is crazy how quick this is going. I thought for sure we'd only see a small bump after PS4 physical was announced but no we just keep on trucking :)

PS4 gamers value that physical yo. Owning a digital copy of a game is nowhere near as satisfying as being able to actually hold it in your hands.

spreadin' open that manual and sniffin' the shit out of it

epmode

Physical release = "Oh great, more shit to store"

Got over that a decade ago. Thanks, Valve!

I'm glad a lot of people disagree though! $10M pls.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Suzuki is the original Naughty God.

He pioneered so much of modern gaming. He literally invented aspects of 2D and 3D gaming that virtually every single modern game today is based on.

Think about this... a very very big help to Namco and other third parties jumping on board on PS/X was because Virtua Fighter made plenty of believers in 3D graphics based games. What he and AM2 touched made or helped make history.

Theonik

Average pledge has soared to $87. At this rate, if we match MN9 backer numbers this puts us at $5.849m by the end of the campaign. At Double Fine Adventure number of backers we get $7.581m. The average is likely to go even higher to $88+ as well. Which would net us a good 60-88k with these numbers.

BrokenBox

PS4 gamers value that physical yo. Owning a digital copy of a game is nowhere near as satisfying as being able to actually hold it in your hands.

I think for me the physical version was a huge draw because of the availability of the first two games nowadays. I bought both I and II at release without issue, but I still want a physical copy this time, too. Also planning on getting a digital copy for PC during the campaign or when it releases so it'll be even easier to play Shenmue III in the future.

Iceman

Just ran across this old thread from November of last year where it was thought that Yu Suzuki was teasing Shenmue III: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=845318&page=1

Has this been verified - the connection between the tease and the kickstarter?

Unrelated, but I just finished a third play through of The Last of Us and couldn't help but notice the similarities in the core game design/concepts of Shenmue. Like, I'm not sure a game like TLOU could have been made without that original pioneering work from Yu. MGS2 really laid the groundwork for context-dependent input adjustments, which allowed the transition from combat to environmental interaction (and vice versa) to become fluid. But beyond that, the intricately detailed towns, and searchable rooms, cinematic battles & chases, and of course the areas of respite... all of these things were done first on the dreamcast way back when.

Krejlooc

Banned
Just ran across this old thread from November of last year where it was thought that Yu Suzuki was teasing Shenmue III: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=845318&page=1

Has this been verified - the connection between the tease and the kickstarter?

Unrelated, but I just finished a third play through of The Last of Us and couldn't help but notice the similarities in the core game design/concepts of Shenmue. Like, I'm not sure a game like TLOU could have been made without that original pioneering work from Yu. MGS2 really laid the groundwork for context-dependent input adjustments, which allowed the transition from combat to environmental interaction (and vice versa) to become fluid. But beyond that, the intricately detailed towns, and searchable rooms, cinematic battles & chases, and of course the areas of respite... all of these things were done first on the dreamcast way back when.

Well his work on getting shenmue 3 kickstarted was already under way by then.

shanafan

Manual
? I think you mean the paper insert indicating the manual is on the disc ><

KageMaru

To all 100USD backers. Would you consider upgrade your pledge near the end of campaign? If that so, to which tier and why?

I'm thinking upgrade to 160 because t-shirt but 175 tier with the artbook seems like a great deal.

Or maybe, pledge 150 and only get the physical ps4 game :p

I hope to get enough money together to get the art book. The timing of this kickstarter couldn't be worse for me. I had to put down almost $1000 to fix my car the weekend before E3 and a week before that I dropped $600 for a new tattoo. I would have loved to been able to give them at least $1000 for funding and would have gladly put my tattoo on hold to give them more than that even.

Still so happy we're even getting the game, was surprised to see it's over $4.4 million now!

Jomjom

Banned
I'm so glad all the ridiculous negativity (from people who didn't even give two shits about this) is all but gone.

It looks like all clear sailing ahead!

What's a "battle event" by the way?

I'm so glad all the ridiculous negativity (from people who didn't even give two shits about this) is all but gone.

I'm assuming it's similar to the
massive battle that took place at the end of Shenmue against the Mad Angels gang? Just guessing here.

Hawk269

People want to be able to hug Shenmue III when it's out. WHY WOULDN'T YOU?!

There are a lot of people, mainly the casuals that don't buy digital and only buy retail. So this is a great thing that there is a physical edition being made available. It will only create more sales for the game and yes, for me I want to hold it and caress it and take care of it, my precious...

Rymuth

Shenhua's village is going to be attacked by the Chi You Men and Ryo and co must repel them.

I read somewhere that Ryo gets roughed pretty badly at the end.

Brigandier

I wonder if we'll finally see some of the project berkely content in Shenmue III like Ryo scrapping with a bunch of guys in a rainy dark train yard or when he jumps and dangles one handed off a moving train or the youngish looking guy who is wearing the same kind of clothes Lan Di is wearing.....

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet I can't wait to find out what's in store for us all, I'm seriously contemplating the $1500 tier to have my mug on choubus wall.

Keihart

I want that part time job goal so bad, and expanded Free Battle System!

So cool to see this working.

Edit: Shenmue 3 : Shadow Funding.

Krejlooc

Banned
I wonder if we'll finally see some of the project berkely content in Shenmue III like Ryo scrapping with a bunch of guys in a rainy dark train yard or when he jumps and dangles one handed off a moving train or the youngish looking guy who is wearing the same kind of clothes Lan Di is wearing.....

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet I can't wait to find out what's in store for us all, I'm seriously contemplating the $1500 tier to have my mug on choubus wall.

I can't wait to see Lan Di use that move that blows away portions of the temple.

I imagine he's gonna feel all badass for a second until Shenhua shows off her moves and shocks the shit out of him.

The most awesome part is that the prophecy seems to indicate that Ryo is the most important and powerful of them all. He is supposed to have an amazing power.

The most awesome part is that the prophecy seems to indicate that Ryo is the most important and powerful of them all. He is supposed to have an amazing power.

Well, the original concept for the VFRPG illustrations, etc looked like that of an fighting character origin story after all.

Krejlooc

Banned
Well, the original concept for the VFRPG illustrations, etc looked like that of an fighting character origin story after all.

It would have been so weird to play VF afterwards had it remained Akira's origin story. He'd go from being Goku to fighting in normal tournaments again lol.

rabhw

They should really add a $40 - 60 tier to get PC digital + physical. I want the box but I also would like it to just be in my Steam library as well. I'd gladly up my $29 pledge to $60 if they had that tier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom