• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is $30 on the 13th campaign still scheduled to happen?
What has Shenmuedojo said? They are the go-to with this campaign.

Man, I can't believe we're getting all these stretch goals.

emb

I wonder if this game will feel weirdly lopsided, with the first area or two all expanded, then the last one or two left barren from unmet stretch goals.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wonder if this game will feel weirdly lopsided, with the first area or two all expanded, then the last one or two left barren from unmet stretch goals.

Was thinking the same thing with the way they structured the stretches. Very odd...

Pachael

To all 100USD backers. Would you consider upgrade your pledge near the end of campaign? If that so, to which tier and why?

I'm thinking upgrade to 160 because t-shirt but 175 tier with the artbook seems like a great deal.

Or maybe, pledge 150 and only get the physical ps4 game :p

I'm one of them. 100 day one but I was going to toss in the 75 difference in the final rush. Did do 30onthe3rd so the step up is less now though.

danwarb

The first game has smaller areas and the fairly empty harbor, that was fine.

Is $30 on the 13th campaign still scheduled to happen?
I've mentioned it but it hasn't caught on. We need someone from ShenmueDojo to make it more known and get them to make banners.

If they allow us to continue pledging after the kick-starter that won't be a problem. And if we don't make that much money I guess it will be like Guilin in Shenmue II. I mean think about it, Guilin wasn't very expanded compared to Hong Kong and Kowloon. It was more story focused. So yeah, I think we're good.

Erevador

The first game has smaller areas and the fairly empty harbor, that was fine.
Exactly. Dobuita is a highly dense and detailed, wheras harbor and Sakuragaoka are a little lighter on content, but serve their purpose fine.

I think that's exactly what we'll be getting here, likely vital NPCs and quests will be moved to Baisha if the other areas don't get much in the way of stretch goals.

BadWolf

Came home from work and just finished some fanart to support the hype ^_^

L7avweb.jpg

Elios83

I think that something close to 6m is quite possible but everything over 5m will still be great.
Hopefully after the Kickstater ends successfully Yu Suzuki wil be able to find extra fundings up to 10m through other ways (continued donations through PayPal and/or traditional financial backing from publisher/partners like Sony).

AwShucks

That physical PS4 copy sure did help. Just looking at Kicktraq it made more money in the last four days than the previous 13 days combined.

Shadoken

$6m seems like a lock. But the real test would be $8m+ , what other Goals/Pledge tiers could give us that huge bump?

I think if Sega announced a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD for release next year it could give a decent bump. Heck hopefully they could throw some of the profits towards Shenmue 3. It seems quite ridiculous that companies are going to ignore the most funded video game kickstarter.

Trojan X

Banned
30 on the 13th wont have much impact, especially since the 3rd they launched the physical copy. It pushing it a bit.

Agreed. Then the only left to do is to go all out from now till the end.

shenmue-08-17-14-1.jpg

Come on, SEGA and Yu Suzuki. Make it happen. Announce it as a stretch goal between $5 and $6 million along with Virtua Fighter 3, Virtua Cop, and any other AM2 game.

hlhbk

$6m seems like a lock. But the real test would be $8m+ , what other Goals/Pledge tiers could give us that huge bump?

I think if Sega announced a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD for release next year it could give a decent bump. Heck hopefully they could throw some of the profits towards Shenmue 3. It seems quite ridiculous that companies are going to ignore the most funded video game kickstarter.

If they announced Shenmue 1 and 2 HD I think Shenmue 3 would hit all of its goals.

Furoba

Dreamcast / xbox footage of 2001-2003 era Shenmue III.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Current totals:

Day end - $4,417,450
Total for Monday - $83,732
Backers for today - 613
Total backers - 50,918
Average money per backer - $86.75

Redtale

Neo Member
The stats are a little weird today. They added 64 slots to the "I am Shenmue 3" tier and sold 49 of them today. That would be $73500 right there. It doesn't seem right that we only made $10232 from other pledges. Maybe it's because we lost $24k from people backing out of high tiers earlier in the day.

What are the chances of this accepting donations through PayPal after the campaign is over? Star citizen only got 2 million in its kickstarter run but then went on to get 70 million through PayPal, I bet this could get to 10

emb

What are the chances of this accepting donations through PayPal after the campaign is over? Star citizen only got 2 million in its kickstarter run but then went on to get 70 million through PayPal, I bet this could get to 10
I feel like it's probably pretty high.

We had some other things answered with the good old 'we are looking into it' line, that were announced shortly after (namely, returning voice actors and PS4 physical). I wouldn't be surprised if continued donations via Paypal get worked out. I also mostly expect Shenmue I and II ports to happen as well, eventually.

If they do open up Paypal donations, I don't really know what to expect from that.

Flandy

Did my part. Used my meager internet fame (I have a Twin Peaks podcast with about 10,000 listeners) to shamelessly pander for kickstarter pledges.
http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/

Gooooood
Now tell us the timestamp so we can listen to your shilling :p

If they announced Shenmue 1 and 2 HD I think Shenmue 3 would hit all of its goals.

If they announced Shenmue 1 + 2 HD I'd bump my funding up to $100 from $60
assuming I get 1+2 HD of course :p

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
In 1987, Wonder Boy in Monster Land came out. I would love for that to be in there. In reality, since this is only tangentially Sega related, I feel like we're more to have a quickly designed new arcade title than anything.

Krejlooc

Banned
In 1987, Wonder Boy in Monster Land came out. I would love for that to be in there. In reality, since this is only tangentially Sega related, I feel like we're more to have a quickly designed new arcade title than anything.

I would prefer this above all else. Yu Suzuki hasn't been in the spotlight for 14 years. It would be awesome for him to use this opportunity to make a retro super scalar game. I would play the shit out of a brand new outrun or space harrier or afterburner based game from Yu Suzuki.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I dunno how this all works but it seems to me it'd be better if they just made the game with the budget they had rather then possibly stalling development waiting for more funds ta slowly trickle in?

Yakuza has gotten some original arcade games so ya this'd be a neat idea for Shenmue to borrow as long as we get some of the real deal games to!

Trojan X

Banned
It's 1987, we need some Street Fighter I up in here.

Hey, the license is probably cheap enough.

It would blow my mind if some NPC randomly put some money in the machine and challenges you to the game. I'll freak out for that is close to an virtual arcade experience you can get.

This game badly need to be on there with 8 players online play and AI play together with virtual NPCs coming to play against you. If they put that together with random Timed Events that takes place in the arcades (learn from mobile gaming) which will give you the opportunity to earn new prices, open new opportunities in the game, and engage and watch the performance of other players from around the world via their virtual within a virtual Network system (think of VF TV). In short, turn it into the virtual version of Club SEGA here in Japan complete with a manager and staff members that always engages with you, just like in Club SEGA. If they do that then it has the opportunity to one of the most compelling feature to ever exist in a video game. They don't need the $10 million budget to make it happen either:

Virtua_Racing_Deluxe_Arcade_004.png

Erevador

I would prefer this above all else. Yu Suzuki hasn't been in the spotlight for 14 years. It would be awesome for him to use this opportunity to make a retro super scalar game. I would play the shit out of a brand new outrun or space harrier or afterburner based game from Yu Suzuki.
Yes, I'd love to see him design a new min-game in the style of his classic arcade games. That'd be a real treat.

I feel like it's probably pretty high.

We had some other things answered with the good old 'we are looking into it' line, that were announced shortly after (namely, returning voice actors and PS4 physical). I wouldn't be surprised if continued donations via Paypal get worked out. I also mostly expect Shenmue I and II ports to happen as well, eventually.

If they do open up Paypal donations, I don't really know what to expect from that.

Star Citizen Paypal backers received something in return? Some kind of membership with early access to new content if they suscribed a monthly payment or something?

Now I want this (edit: and model 1 games!)

KageMaru

Just watched IGN's video on Shenmue 3 being the 10 most funded kickstarter campaign. Ryan ended the video with "For much more on Shenmue 3, and there is going to be plenty more, keep it tuned right here to IGN."

Wonder if there is a chance they do some kind of Shenmue blowout coverage leading up to the end of the Kickstarter campaign.

I dunno how this all works but it seems to me it'd be better if they just made the game with the budget they had rather then possibly stalling development waiting for more funds ta slowly trickle in?

I think they would start development once they got the initial KS funds and just use any PayPal money for further development. I think they would reach $11 million easily with a PayPal option added.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I think they would start development once they got the initial KS funds and just use any PayPal money for further development. I think they would reach $11 million easily with a PayPal option added.

Without a doubt. I know people personally who would give monthly or quarterly to the game's development. Hell, I know I would.

The last time I played Shenmue 2, I didn't practice much and I feel it made things more difficult for me once I ended up in Kowloon. This time, since I started the game in early January and am trying to wait until later in February to meet Xiuying I'm practicing every day with Jianmin. I truly feel Gon.

Came home from work and just finished some fanart to support the hype ^_^

This points to one of the not-so-awesome things about Awesome Japan. I wish they were out there encouraging fans to do this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom