• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Jason and i think he gets the Shenmue fanbase despite him not being apart of it. He certainly is a million times better than that negative twat Phil Owen.

If you guys want anything mentioned or suggested to the veterans on Shenmuedojo, let me know.

Also, someone tell me how i can get that Shenmue defense force on my avatar.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's true. My two favorite things that I never thought I'd see a resolution to are now both real. I almost can't believe it.

The thing I just cannot shake off is the feeling Lynch always meant to have a 25 years gap between the first two seasons and the third one. He strikes me as somebody who would be crazy enough like that ;). Amazing series though.

Trojan X

Banned

Still not a great article but it isn't that bad as he put himself in example. As someone rightly said on Facebook Shenmue page, this is obviously damage control for that atrocious article. What isn't nice though is Jason highlighted that we were up in arms because we are Shenmue fans which is not accurate. As the guy rightly said on Facebook, we were up in arms because the article is shit and it undermind gamers, the industry, and it showed nothing but sheer ignorance and arrogance which is a disgusting representation of Kotaku. Jason purposely didn't mention this and used the "not fitting our narrative" card instead which was not cool... Even in the comment section from Owen's ill-articles, there were lots of people that had no interest in Shenmue and yet they gave Owen a piece of their mind. Again, this is damage control though so naturally the truth will be twisted to a degree. Other than that, the article is positive.

AniHawk

$6m seems like a lock. But the real test would be $8m+ , what other Goals/Pledge tiers could give us that huge bump?

I think if Sega announced a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD for release next year it could give a decent bump. Heck hopefully they could throw some of the profits towards Shenmue 3. It seems quite ridiculous that companies are going to ignore the most funded video game kickstarter.

1 and 2 hd maybe, but that seems unattainable thanks to sega. but if they had something like a vita port tucked away at 7 million, it might cause a decent spike. really, other platforms would help the game reach higher goals. unfortunately, it only seems like the vita is the only option, and a vita game in 2018 might not even be possible if sony isn't going to be supporting that platform when it's over 6 years old.

Backflip

I think some people are overestimating the impact of the "30 on the 3rd" campaign. I kept an eye on Kickstarter all day last friday and it only gained like 30-40K before the physical PS4 version was announced. That's why I don't think there really is a need to create another campaign before the end of the Kickstarter. There's only so much money you can get out of the hardcore Shenmue fans. We can only hope that Yu Suzuki and his team have some more tricks up their sleeves.

MouldyK

Nice to see Eurogamer post a news article about the Brothers Who Pledged $20,000...only for the comment section to complain and even accuse them of pedophilia.

Extremely sceptical of white male "English" (I've come across Germans and Spanish there too - they speak broken English themselves) teachers who go over to South an Far East Asia, I have met some of these "men" when out clubbing on holidaying in Shanghai... they are just in it for sex.

So it concerns me when some take particular interest in children. I do hope authorities and parents remain vigilant about them

Nice to see Eurogamer post a news article about the Brothers Who Pledged $20,000...only for the comment section to complain and even accuse them of pedophilia.

Ahh man, seriously, some people are just insane. I would really like to know what goes through these people's brains.

On a more positive note, i plan on donating $500 for the limited Shenmue 3 edition and an additional $180 for some extra pc/ps4 physicals. How do I go about doing this? I understand one account can only make one pledge?

Arkanius

I'll be happy if we reach 5M by the end of the run.
My extra 30€ will be joining the coffers.

I have been replaying Shenmue I. Wonderful game for it's time, other than the loading times. Even in an emulator it takes such a long time.

Trojan X

Banned

Extremely sceptical of white male "English" (I've come across Germans and Spanish there too - they speak broken English themselves) teachers who go over to South an Far East Asia, I have met some of these "men" when out clubbing on holidaying in Shanghai... they are just in it for sex.

So it concerns me when some take particular interest in children. I do hope authorities and parents remain vigilant about them

wtf..... *shake head*

zeshakag

It's like people don't understand investment, or that sometimes it takes money to generate money.

Yes, 20k would have benefited their school. But now those comment chuckleheads as well as a lot of other people now are aware of the program. Each choice has its opportunity cost, and these people made a cost/benefit decision with their own money.

MaxiLive

besides, the 20k was personal finances right? they weren't taking school grants or anything.

Yep seems like it is their own money that they were going to use to invest into the schools. Which would be nice for them but it is their money they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

Then for anyone moaning should donate towards the school if they feel like it should have more funds.

Spaghetti

Yep seems like it is their own money that they were going to use to invest into the schools. Which would be nice for them but it is their money they should be able to do whatever they want with it.

Then for anyone moaning should donate towards the school if they feel like it should have more funds.
exactly.

i'm waiting to use the "but why advertise in a video game?" argument to come up. the brothers literally went to guilin to teach because they saw it in shenmue.

Haunted

All these wishes for playable classic Sega arcade games like we had in Shenmue 1 and 2 are underestimating the significance of Suzuki not being with Sega anymore. I can imagine the licensing for that to be a real bitch and probably not worth in the long run. I'd rather have the KS money go to maintaining a top tier development team than going straight into Sega's pockets.

Spaghetti

All these wishes for playable classic Sega arcade games like we had in Shenmue 1 and 2 are underestimating the significance of Suzuki not being with Sega anymore. I can imagine the licensing for that to be a real bitch and probably not worth in the long run. I'd rather have the KS money go to maintaining a top tier development team than going straight into Sega's pockets.
things like vf are a pipe dream, but suzuki is still an advisor at sega and may be able to sway the use of at least his own games.

Haunted

things like vf are a pipe dream, but suzuki is still an advisor at sega and may be able to sway the use of at least his own games.
giphy.gif

Hynad

Banned

Right click. Open image in new tab...

"The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on d.maxfile.ro might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites that you visit)."

o_O

Only videogame teenagers can turn this amazing donation as something cynical and negatif. goddammit i just read some comments on eurogamer and they just have no clue what they're talking about. Its clear they didnt even read what those brothers wrote themselves in the shenmue kickstarter

Harmen

I'll have to search for an option to play the originals. I usually want to go for the original platform and physical copies, but playing Shenmue requires me to buy one or two consoles (dreamcast and xbox) on top of the games. And browsing some market sites, it is far from convienent and finincially attractive.

So, two questions gaf:

-Is dreamcast emulation on PC for S1 good? (are the bugs not experience ruining?). SI seems to be around 50 euros here, which is fine by me. But buying a dreamcast? Not sure if I want that, since I am not much of an arcade/retro person.

-Is xbox emulation for SII good? Or does the 360 play the game well? (because I can easily get a 360 for a while). SII is about 30 euro's.

Spaghetti

I'll have to search for an option to play the originals. I usually want to go for the original platform and physical copies, but playing Shenmue requires me to buy one or two consoles (dreamcast and xbox) on top of the games. And browsing some market sites, it is far from convienent and finincially attractive.

So, two questions gaf:

-Is dreamcast emulation on PC for S1 good? (are the bugs not experience ruining?). SI seems to be around 50 euros here, which is fine by me. But buying a dreamcast? Not sure if I want that, since I am not much of an arcade/retro person.

-Is xbox emulation for SII good? Or does the 360 play the game well? (because I can easily get a 360 for a while). SII is about 30 euro's.
- bugs in shenmue are limited to some graphical and sound anomalies but nothing that ruins the game in any sense of the word. null dc has the graphical bugs, demul does not. demul is more resource intensive though.

- shenmue II on xbox 360 emulated doesn't have realtime shadows, the frame rate hitches more, and some QTE inputs won't be registered.

actually you're probably right. if sega weren't selling his old stuff on 3ds right now there would be a case for just letting him throw them in.

Harmen

- bugs in shenmue are limited to some graphical and sound anomalies but nothing that ruins the game in any sense of the word. null dc has the graphical bugs, demul does not. demul is more resource intensive though.

- shenmue II on xbox 360 emulated doesn't have realtime shadows, the frame rate hitches more, and some QTE inputs won't be registered.

actually you're probably right. if sega weren't selling his old stuff on 3ds right now there would be a case for just letting him throw them in.

Thanks!

Just saw that an original xbox is dirt cheap (around 15 euro's), so the full SII experience won't be a problem. And SII itself is even 20 in some trusted retro shops here.

Getting a good copy of S1 is probably harder, since I doubt the offers will remain for long and my holiday plans have my financial priorities as of now.

Anyways, I am in no hurry (SIII is far away still) but will grab the chance when it is there.

If they allow us to continue pledging after the kick-starter that won't be a problem.

Does that happen? Or not via kickstarter and just donations?

(I do not have a problem with that at all btw)

Danlord

Thanks!

Just saw that an original xbox is dirt cheap (around 15 euro's), so the full SII experience won't be a problem. And SII itself is even 20 in some trusted retro shops here.

Getting a good copy of S1 is probably harder, since I doubt the offers will remain for long and my holiday plans have my financial priorities as of now.

Anyways, I am in no hurry (SIII is far away still) but will grab the chance when it is there.

Does that happen? Or not via kickstarter and just donations?

(I do not have a problem with that at all btw)
Usually after Kickstarter, some projects will then open up PayPal and that further increases the overall funding

Erevador

what time did they put the update up yesterday? i'm just wondering when we should look out for the new one today.
Awesome Japan abides by no observable schedule or timezone.

They are eternal. Unknowable. You cannot predict when they will strike.

Except weekends.

They don't work weekends.

im going to pledge 500 in the next 30 minutes. Can someone explain to me what happens if i want to lower or raise my pledge later on (New rewards get added etc) ?

Also, if i want to make multiple separate pledges, how do i do this?

Thanks

Erevador

im going to pledge 500 in the next 30 minutes. Can someone explain to me what happens if i want to lower or raise my pledge later on (New rewards get added etc) ?
Nothing. You are free to raise or lower your pledge as you please.

Thanks
You'll have to create another Kickstarter account. It would be nice if they supported "add on" items so you could grab something from another tier, but unfortunately this Kickstarter (at this point) does not.

Theonik

Thanks
Once you pledge you will see a button to manage your pledge throughout the duration of the campaign. Once paid at the end there is nothing you can do.

To do multiple pledges, you will need a new account. However, they might let you add additional copies to your pledge sooner rather then later.

Spaghetti

Thanks
there's no penalty for changing your pledge if that's what you're asking.

multiple pledges will probably require multiple kickstarter accounts.

3rdman

My personal life has been erratic of late and I've been completely disconnected from the gaming side...I only just found out about this. Holy shit! LOL

Pledging $60.00 today...It's nice to see that they initial goal was met quickly so here's hoping that something truly comes out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom