• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp84

I am no expert but 2 million dollars seem low for a game.How is it possible noone was willing to pay?

ShogunX

Crazy crazy shit and not something I'm sure many of us thought we would ever see. Slightly bummed out about the whole Kickstarter thing mainly due to how long it's going to take to be developed from here on out but fuck me.......Shenmue 3 is real!

SRTtoZ

I said we will not see Shenmue 3 at E3, I was wrong, but at the same time the game only needs 2 million to be made and nobody funded it? Really disappointing, and I don't think the game will be made the way fans expect it to be.

I agree. These companies wipe their ass with 2 million and thats what it's going to take (at minimum) to get it done. Maybe we have to factor in marketing or whatever but still I'm happy as fuck that we *might* be getting it. I think this will sell WELL over that 2 million.

Redtale

Neo Member
I pledged $29 for now. Interesting that PC is the only physical version. They'll still reach the goal but hopefully they add a physical version for PS4 version for those that want it.

SpotAnime

Finally!

Nro3J1v.jpg

And by finally I mean finally I could log into Kickstarter, not finally I get Shenmue 3 after 14 years of waiting...

It'd be nice if they did a HD re-release of the first 2 since I've never played them. Then I could feel more comfortable about backing this kickstarter.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Is SEGA involved in this, or are they a hands-off partner? I mean, don't they own the IP.

dork

Banned
This is insane. A billion dollar company just asked us to fund a game for us to buy.

I wish the guy best of luck. But it's weird to see this at the conference.

Wow, now I'm sure Sony has an informant working for Microsoft, they had to do something to top their event with THREE megatons. Shenmue 3 was so unexpected, even if it is a kickstarter.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
It would be hilarious of it didn't reach it's goal. The fallout would be devastating.

nevermind, didn't see it was in the hundreds of thousands. Thats insane.

kamakazi5

My wife will kill me if I tell her I'm paying this much for a game.

I think the best part is I saw so many people talk about how a Kickstarter would fail because the fans were all talk. This is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom