• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sets a really bad precedent

Why the hell did sony do this

I'm not so sure they came up with the idea, but they more decided to capitalize on it when they were informed about it. The Kickstarter would have existed either way, but Sony brought it to the main stage as a gesture of good-will. The game is also on PC, which isn't something that Sony does...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If this game doesn't get funded I will leave the gaming community.

I still can't believe that this is real.

jay

I feared this day would come. Now I have to decide just how insane I am.

I'll start at $120 just to get something on record and increase from there.

Jonm1010

Banned
$355,000 in what like ten minutes? Insane haha.

....And you have to imagine that with kickstarter going down had to hurt that quite a bit.

Fake EDIT: $370,000 as I type this. Damn!

Shiiiiiiiiiit. They're gonna hit $2 mil easy. I just can't believe this E3. Doom. TLG. FF7r. Shenmue 3. What the everlovingfuck. All at once?

Alucrid

Banned
I'm not so sure they came up with the idea, but they more decided to capitalize on it when they were informed about it. The Kickstarter would have existed either way, but Sony brought it to the main stage as a gesture of good-will. The game is also on PC, which isn't something that Sony does...

SF V is on PC too, so it is something that Sony does

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yu Suzuki to Shenmue Fans: Nice game we got going on here. Be a shame if something happened to it...

Kusagari

Sony is obviously footing most of the bill guys.

There's a reason why they announced a kickstarter at their conference.

Now whether you take issue with that or not is a different matter.

liquidtmd

Banned
$310,000k already and here in the UK it's 3.21am

This shit is getting funded by tomorrow

Holy Mary mother of God

Edit: HOLY FUCK ITS GONE UP $100,000+ between last time I refreshed. Half a mill incoming

Drek

This.

Why isn't Sony and Sega funding this, why do they need other people money to fund it?

I'm sure Sony is putting up a chunk of money, hence the PC/PS4 only platforms. But Shenmue is an expensive game to make and likely won't sell enough to justify it's price. Getting money from fans up-front greatly improves the financial viability for the title.

I would have liked to see Sony or Sega step up with HD remasters of the original two though. Wouldn't cost much, probably sell enough to justify it, and would help this do better.

NMP though, still got that Dreamcast hooked up down in the basement.

Izuna

Banned
backed 175

starved for money, but Yu Suzuki, I will request extra hours and work so fucking hard to help you man

I saw those tears coming up

my heart sank

This, and Xbox 360 BC were both in my dreams for E3. They actually happened.

Now I just need a PS4 or a Gaming PC

Stiler

I can't get kickstarter to work.

Everytime I try to go to the Shenmue page it redirects me back to th ehomepage after a few seconds.

It also just shows funding at 15k when I go to the page (but in the search it shows it over 300,000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom