• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It will be at 20% funded in a minute or so at its current pace!

A big told-you-so to people who say it would never happen!

I let out kiddie squeals of joy at the sound of the music. HOLY SHIT. Sony won the generation for me, I don't even care about the rest of the jank at the conference, my heart can't take this!!

Scum

hqdefault.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is INSANE how fast it's rising.

But I don't understand how this is only targeting 2 million.

zulux21

this is amazing I got my wish (not this game but this kickstarter lol)

though I was a bit off on the amount as I said 20 mil not the really easy to get 2 mil.

Sony ain't funding it because it's time for gamers to put up or shut the fuck up.

You clamored for this, and now it's happening. We'll see how much Shenmue fans want this game.

Me? I'm starting my new position soon. Like in a week or so. And at least 200 is going right to this fucking game. And I mean it.

If something happens and I don't, I'm at least going to put 100 in this shit, and promoting the hell outta it any way I can.

Xellos

I am no expert but 2 million dollars seem low for a game.How is it possible noone was willing to pay?

Sony is probably helping in some way. Bloodstained's initial goal was only $500k but Iga mentioned he had other financing lined up. Probably a similar thing going on with Yu and Sony.

I'm glad the Kickstarter is going as fast as it is already, because the original games cost around $50m each in 2000 money.

I want this game to be as ambitious as those, so a $2/4m budget won't cut it.

sibarraz

Banned
The 2 million goal is obviously a marketing strategy.

Why in the world Sony will announce a Kickstarter on their conference without having some back up? (Heck, even the kicksarter make it sure to explain that the game is a ps4 exclusive in consoles)

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
Backed. Its already at nearly $400k, the thirst is real lol

So, any way to experience the first 2 games for those of us who didn't have a dreamcast/xbox? A HD remake of the first 2 would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom