• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Cairnsay

Banned
I think he is going to have to address Shenmue 3/HD releases of 1 and 2 in some way otherwise its just going to be the elephant in the room, they have to know that whilst its a post-mortem, a lot of people are there/watching to see if anything is going to be announced. If there is nothing to be announced I think Yu has to come right out and say it at the start, so we can at least enjoy the talk for what it is, a post-mortem. Working on that assumption, if nothing is said early on my hype will grow, as you would save announcements for the end.

R_Deckard

could it be Shenmue 1 + 2 HD announced for PS4, Shenmue 3 in Works???

Just such a long time after the game now it seems random to do this here without some kind of reason or link to it?

Yu Suzuki in da house!

ol1enwkl.jpg

Kiyo

Trying to keep hope and expectations low, but I can't help but feel if there's any future for Shenmue, we'll find out today.

That being said, this talk should be really interesting either way.

I think you're right. I was reading something completely different. I need to go back and delete my post and possibly get some sleep. Sorry about that.

No problem, I just panicked for a minute. I will be able to catch some of it once I get off work but if it was earlier, no dice...

I can't believe we'll be hearing an intriguing, interesting post-mortem today. Fuck Yea!

Trying to keep hope and expectations low, but I can't help but feel if there's any future for Shenmue, we'll find out today.

That being said, this talk should be really interesting either way.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. It really feels like it's now or never. The cards are set - they just need to play them!

stn

Some kind of announcement would be amazing but its been way too long. Who remembers Shenmue outside of the hardcore fanbase? Still, will be interesting to see what happens.

Nicktendo86

Just do it. Just get Shenmue 3 made, condense the remaining chapters into one game, just get the story finished. Please, for my sanity. I don't care if they use the DC engine and assets to save money, just please get it made.

not going to happen, ever :(

Jhn

So, can we all agree that if nothing comes out of this all hope is lost and we can all move on with our lives?

I have an active dislike of the series. That said, I hope you guys get something (game,visual novel, etc) so that the story gets to have a conclusion. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel! :)

Spaghetti

considering it's being streamed we're going to have some kind of video content in the presentation. i kind of want to see more of the saturn shenmue beta.

Do these events get recorded? I am likely going to miss the first ten minutes. Will it be rewatchable on the GDC site?

I'm keeping everything crossed for a sequel, HD remake, anything. I love these games so much. I have a custom Shenmue Dreamcast, every version of both games, and I need some more Shenmue in my life! Looking forward to the stream.

v0rtikal

Who remembers Shenmue outside of the hardcore fanbase

Why do you guys think that Shenmue and Yakuza get "tons of requests" according to the Playstation representative quoted on the previous page? don't underestimate it, we are thousands for sure...(if not millions)

NekoFever

I'm one of the biggest Shenmue fans around but I'm still not expecting anything more than an interesting talk about the development of the game. I'll of course be ecstatic if we get more than that, but you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect more.

I have an active dislike of the series. That said, I hope you guys get something (game,visual novel, etc) so that the story gets to have a conclusion. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel! :)

I have an active dislike of you.

That said. Hoping for remake of Shenmue but in first person VR. Graphics don't have to be awesome. Examining capsule toys in VR and really going into THE TOMATO MART and picking up random shit to buy? I will cry tears of joy.

Noooo! Let's hype the crap out of this talk and leave the disappointment to the future us. May they deal with it, fuck 'em.

Future us is so bored with life compared to now us. Now us is the only us.

Live for today!

Live for Shenmue 1/2 HD + 3!

No us but now us!

GutsOfThor

I'm not getting hyped for anything but I'd be happy with an HD remake of the first two. Played the second but only watched a video of the first and have always wanted to play it.

shandy706

If Sony funds Shenmue 3 I may buy 10 PS4's as a thank you.

...or 10 copies of the game. That might be cheaper....probably should think this through.

Kikujiro

Noooo! Let's hype the crap out of this talk and leave the disappointment to the future us. May they deal with it, fuck 'em.

A true Shenmue fan should always hype the crap out of everything and should never leave disappointed. Because hope will never leave us. Believe.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Shenmue 1 + 2 HD Collection plus announcement of Shenmue 3. Believe.

Finding out why Shenmue 1 & 2 HD didn't happen was particularly heart breaking the other week here on GAF. Just a real sort of lost hope moment.

Hope this talk lives up to some expectations and not the usual "THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST" runaround, plus want some juicy dev tidbits.

Top Bottom