• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Nibel

Guys, forget about Shenmue 3 for now

Shenmue 1+2 HD is much more realistic and gives us a chance to show our interest in this franchise, so better hope for that

Shenmue 1+2 HD is much more realistic and gives us a chance to show our interest in this franchise, so better hope for that

No. We need a firm commitment. Shenmue 1+2 HD just makes it even harder, because then we have to rely on casual idiots to buy the games in order to get the Shenmue 3 we deserve.

openrob

Am playing through Shenmue1 now with the Wife.

As I had the day off I decided to download Unity and start getting the hang of it. Decided to practice by building a Shenmue 2d fighter, with sprites made up from in game footage of the moves list

projectk3u1x.png

Have done literally nothing - but will be a project over summer maybe

theWB27

I'd hope any dev time and all resources would towards Shenmue 3....the constant reminders and save Shenmue petitions, emails, a barrages by us fans over the years should show we have more than enough interest.

Zephyrus

Banned
You got me hoping for a shenmue 3 again.

After I already gave up hope.

Fuck you all if we get nothing. Fuck you all...

Still lookin' for sailors...

No. We need a firm commitment. Shenmue 1+2 HD just makes it even harder, because then we have to rely on casual idiots to buy the games in order to get the Shenmue 3 we deserve.

Exactly. Look at JSR HD. SEGA was so disappointed with the sales of that, they canned Shenmue HD and Skies of Arcadia HD. Granted, if this would be a Sony exclusive thing, they may give a little more leeway, but not enough to greenlight a full Shenmue 3 if the sales were only "okay."

BTW, to talk about the Dreamcast also feels appropriate in this thread... so does anyone feel the same as me in my thinking that the Dreamcast controller is still the coolest looking game controller? Not the most comfortable or functional, but man do I love how it looks.

As I had the day off I decided to download Unity and start getting the hang of it. Decided to practice by building a Shenmue 2d fighter, with sprites made up from in game footage of the moves list

projectk3u1x.png

That looks bloody amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

Nibel

I'd hope any dev time and all resources would towards Shenmue 3....the constant reminders and save Shenmue petitions, emails, a barrages by us fans over the years should show we have more than enough interest.

Dinner might be ready tho, the question is when we eatin

@SEGA #LetUsEat

projectk3u1x.png

Love this stuff; hope you'll make some good progress :) Keep us updated!

Tonidayo

I cannot force myself to hope for a shenmue return in HD..but in the same time i feel it is sureal..the franchise has been abandonned for so long, and it is so hard to believe that a comeback is finally at hand..is the dream still alive? We'll know soon enough, but goodness be, should a HD remake as well as shenmue 3 be hitting the PS3/PS4, i can assure you that tonight will be very emotional for all of us who grew up with SEGA and the experienced the magic of the dreamcast and Shenmue

I cannot force myself to hope for a shenmue return in HD..but in the same time i feel it is sureal..the franchise has been abandonned for so long, and it is so hard to believe that a comeback is finally at hand..is the dream still alive? We'll know soon enough, but goodness be, should a HD remake as well as shenmue 3 be hitting the PS3/PS4, i can assure you that tonight will be very emotional for all of us who grew up with SEGA and the experienced the magic of the dreamcast and Shenmue

tumblr_inline_mqx7hyynZj1qz4rgp.gif

I've never played these games, but I have wanted to for a long time. If an HD version is announced, I'll be there day one.

My hype is with you ShenmueGAF.

Haines

Banned
I bought shenmue day 1.

My story? The game bugged out at that big ending brawl and I never got to see the end. Never played 2.

I barely remember the game now but I loved it I know.

Synth

Why would I make concessions on what I'm hoping for?

I don't expect anything, but if I'm going to hope, I'm going to hope all the way!!!!

I bought shenmue day 1.

My story? The game bugged out at that big ending brawl and I never got to see the end. Never played 2.

I barely remember the game now but I loved it I know.

Regardless of what happens today... sort this out! Seriously.

Empty

i'm not going to get excited about an announcement, i just want to learn more about the process that led to such a unique and fascinating game. the design and attention to detail is still amazing.

ascully

So excited to hear Suzuki talk about the game. I don't see any announcements coming out of this but who cares its Suzuki and Cerney!!!

Boogybro

nYvg6uX.gif

Thaedolus

Shenmue HD remakes or III announced for any system would make it an instabuy for me. No question. Hope this event delivers something.

ajim

4 1/2 MINUTES GUYS!!!!

Brace for impact guys! It’s currently 7:55 am here in Australia and I practically got no sleep because I was so excited/anxious!
Lol I called into work late because I'm 'sick' to watch this.

mattp

god dammit gamespot, your video player is fucked
trying to load the stream up on my phone for my drive home so i can at least listen
"please use a browser that supports html5 video"

...but i am

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Shenmue is a tree of sadness that keeps blooming every single year until you die.

Let us gather around it because it is time once again. We show the human emotions Ryo never can.

Kobalty

Im 26 now, I was 12 when I first played Shenmue and I couldn't believe how much that game came out of nowhere and blew me right outta my socks. that very first hour of gameplay entrenched Shenmue into my gaming life forever and when the series ended with 2 I was devistated, it would be a lie to say that I havn't lost hope over the years but im here and im ready for whatever.....

Top Bottom