• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Gbraga

I'm probably going to play this on easy first, because,

1. I'm a big pussy

2. I want to enjoy it for its story on the first play through.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

The story is most likely shit, play it for the Mikami.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Guys, anyone know if the PC physical version is steamworks ?

I think Bethesda says it is. And since to my knowledge there is no DRM free version of the game, it should be Steamworks. All other sites are selling Steam keys, so I'd assume the physical copy is also Steam.

Yeah, I was hoping I'd be able to start out on hard =/

5QdiYrO.png

Weak and fearful lol

Well, I was planning on starting with Casual...

now I think Mikami is calling me a pussy.

So supplies aren't quite as limited as in The Last of Us, but they aren't quite as abundant as in RE4, either. Guess we'll just have to experience it for ourselves.

Damn that sucks. I always had an abundance of supplies in TLOU, and was playing on hard. Anyways, time to abandon thread. See you guys next Tuesday!

Damn that sucks. I always had an abundance of supplies in TLOU, and was playing on hard. Anyways, time to abandon thread. See you guys next Tuesday!

To be fair, gunplay seems more important in TEW. Huge sections of TLOU could be stealthed without firing a shot. I suppose TEW could turn out that way, but most footage suggests more of a balance between combat and stealth.

Dusk Golem

Seraphiel (PS3 playing guy on TEW forums, last time I'm clarifying that) is only towards the beginning of chapter 2, says two minor things

-He likes it a lot so far and if it keeps up he'll have to say it's worth a buy
-Can be scarier than it looks when playing, not always scary but can suddenly put you in foreign situations

Lucent

A new gif for the train Dusk

iuuywr.gif

lol I like how he pops up like "hah! gonna get ya!" and Sebastian is like yaoming.jpg and hits him and the mask guy rolls down the stairs like fuuuuuu! lol

But seriously I don't wanna see anything else. Only a week. >_<

While he was playing the PS3 version and only saw the few first chapters, non-spoilery how did it look?

Well game has VSync issues on PS3, but other then that it looked really smooth.
This game cries true RE sequel all around, there was even an RE1 reference, but I won't spoiler that.
I think it will really look great on next gen consoles and PC. This game oozes fun.

kodecraft

While he was playing the PS3 version and only saw the few first chapters, non-spoilery how did it look?

It looked very good (the stream was the PS3 version), watching someone play and play it well makes it a definitive purchase. The game play is solid, this game is gonna be the shit, in a very good way!!

Honestly and after watching a nice chunk of the stream, I have to call this a successor to RE4. It brings in mechanics that seem like a natural progression to a TPS action-horror game, the pacing from what I watched is going the be the magic sauce here. Everything just got better and better!

Mikami's dna is all over this. Tango delivered, from what I saw, this game HAS to play just as good as it looks.

Day One.

Grief.exe

I've been so sucked into the 60 FPS thread, I haven't had much of a chance to pop in here.

I hope,everything turns out to be acceptable, but I'm losing hope.

I've been so sucked into the 60 FPS thread, I haven't had much of a chance to pop in here.

To each their own if course but a shame to see folks wanting to pass on this due to not being possible 60 fps on pc.

Why ?

1080p/30fps with black bars for that cinematic feel, the way it's meant to be played.

Embrace that cross-platform parity :)

jk

Dusk Golem

New trailer of staff members talking about their experience of working with Shinji Mikami and their thoughts on what The Evil Within is:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Future-Re...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1937574562&pf_rd_i=468642

HOWEVER, footage includes new areas, some cutscene footage, new monsters...

No seriously, how many fucking monsters are there in this game? I keep thinking we must know almost all of them at this point, but then in this trailer alone three monsters I had never even seen before were in it (albeit, briefly).

The monster with the huge eye, super long claws, and grappling hook looked and that shadow monster thing looked cool.

On thing I still do not understand is, why is Bethesda not releasing some PC screenshots for video options etc. This is really consumer unfriendly. To guess what will be in the PC release is just plain dumb.

Framerate problem? It had framerate problems a long time ago, but from the latest videos the framerate has looked completely fine. Also, Bethesda is publishing the game - they have nothing to do with the framerate....

But I played it last week at London EGX. It was worrying as heck.

Ummmm. OK

I think this screenshot is new (from evil within facebook page):

10387099_636388746473953_565524670355877984_o.jpg

Wow

I'm pretty cautious about this but man I want it so bad.
Anyone wanna TEW my avatar? :)

Dusk Golem

Made a topic for the trailer separately: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908255

On thing I still do not understand is, why is Bethesda not releasing some PC screenshots for video options etc. This is really consumer unfriendly. To guess what will be in the PC release is just plain dumb.

They seem to be very hush on many elements of the PC version right now. I'm not really worried, but it also doesn't seem the best option to not let others worry.

But I played it last week at London EGX. It was worrying as heck.

That build was def not the final and more then likely the same build Dusk played via Pax a month or so ago. It went gold only a couple weeks ago. We need to see the final build. That streamed PS3 version seemed pretty solid folks are saying.

kodecraft

Crazy Buttocks on a Train basically confirms that the PC version is 30 FPS capped, port was not developed by Tango:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133318376&postcount=349

I don't care much personally, but some are going to be upset.

A bit disappointing, still day one for me as I have this pre-ordered on STEAM and I am new to PC gaming, but I have over the last month been playing games in glorious 60fps. Currently playing RE4 HD on STEAM and now I'm spoiled.

I want my TEW at 1080p/60fps.

I want THAT experience!

Grief.exe

To each their own if course but a shame to see folks wanting to pass on this due to not being possible 60 fps on pc.

I just can't support intentionally hiding pertinent information from consumers. Let alone my aversion to playing games below 60 FPS.

I'll believe it when I see it or see Bethesda say it's 30 FPS capped.

Bethesda is keeping their mouth shut on this.

A bit disappointing, still day one for me as I have this pre-ordered on STEAM and I am new to PC gaming, but I hae over the last month been playing games in glorious 60fps. Currently playing RE4 HD on STEAM and now I'm spoiled.

I want my TEW at 1080p/60fps.

I want THAT experience!

Just so you are aware, you can manually cancel preorders through the my account page.

Dusk Golem

My stance will be different than most, and it may matter less to me because my gaming diet is commonly mixed with new and old games. It's disappointing, but not a dealbreaker for me, and I still think it'll be the best version of the game. And I'm happy they are releasing the port simultaneously with other versions of the game, rare for PC versions.

And there's a high chance that the frame rate can be unlocked anyways by modders. But to be seen. Even if not, it'll most likely still be the best version of the game.

Top Bottom