• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Very likely, especially if you look at something like Wolfenstein, which was similar.

Thought so, I guess last gen and idTech5 do not work that well.
I hope PS4, Xbox One and PC will work better, but I'm pretty sure of that, the PS3 version is only 7 GB right?

Oh wow nice looking the stream before it gets reported by Twitch people.

Guys did they say for how long that 10% discount for Plus members will remain?
I'm afraid they gonna remove the discount today when the Store updates, should i go put the pre- order now before they remove it or do you think the discount will remain there until next week when the game comes out?

I think it says on PSN that the discount is there until launch.

My guess is that it'll disappear the second the game is released, right at the same instant the review embargo is up. Just like Bethesda did with Wolfenstein

I think this screenshot is new (from evil within facebook page):

10387099_636388746473953_565524670355877984_o.jpg

Lol anybody seen the cutscene in the stream, there was a cutscene like in
Resident Evil 1, when you 1st meet the Zombie, and he eats Kenneth.

GavinUK86

I'm probably going to play this on easy first, because,

1. I'm a big pussy

2. I want to enjoy it for its story on the first play through.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

i'll be playing on normal. mikami stories are.... meh. this one does look like it could be an exception though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He looks older? look at his hair.

Oh god, spoiler??

2014-10-0720_19_22-10mvucx.png

2686391-tumblr_nbi1zxz3r51qbf9iro1_500.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just calling PS3-playing dude Seraphiel from now on, as a heads-up.

"cutscenes are skippable, not much pop in anymore, no fps drops, lighting is like they said, pretty meh on (PS3)"

15 seconds are a lot to me, but since this is last gen I hope that PC loading times will be better.

To be seen certainly. However, 15 seconds is also a substantial improvement over the 30-40 we originally had.

Sorry if its been mentioned before gents, but when is the review embargo lifted for this? I'm none too worried anyhow after reading DuskGolem's detailed impressions from preview events but still curious to see what reviewers think.

Sorry if its been mentioned before gents, but when is the review embargo lifted for this? I'm none too worried anyhow after reading DuskGolem's detailed impressions from preview events but still curious to see what reviewers think.

Probably gonna be the 14th. Hasn't been confirmed, but based on the release-day embargo for Wolfenstein that's the safest bet.

kodecraft

The guy in the stream is playing TEW like RE4, shooting everything in sight, melee when enemies get close, this is my play style.

Ammo doesn't seem so short in supply. You got other things to use to be effective, so Sabastian can kick some ass, instead of being a submissive survival horror protagonist

The guy in the stream is playing TEW like RE4, shooting everything in sight, melee when enemies get close, this is my play style.

Ammo doesn't seem so short in supply. You got other things to use to be effective, so Sabastian can kick some ass, instead of being a submissive survival horror protagonist

So supplies aren't quite as limited as in The Last of Us, but they aren't quite as abundant as in RE4, either. Guess we'll just have to experience it for ourselves.

Resisting the urge to watch that stream (watched a few mins, and i think that was enough to keep me happy lol) im so pumped for this to come out already

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Damn, so we skipped RE4 and Vanquish, and tryna jump into TEW?

That's how I feel when someone plays RE5 and 6 when they skipped 4.

Did the guy streaming just grab a copy off a plane? They got it pretty early.

@Twitch @Bethlog WTF? @AdamSessler @HomeDepot Not cool!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I've got my theories, I've taken a few peaks but I haven't watched in-depth. But from the bits I see, I notice the enemies have some differences, I'm assuming it's because he's near the beginning and this area with the
village
is an obvious RE4 call-back. But to be seen, all I know is they're going down easier from the bits I've seen in this early area than they did in the area I played (which is set in Chapter 9, where he is right now is Chapter 2).

kodecraft

So supplies aren't quite as limited as in The Last of Us, but they aren't quite as abundant as in RE4, either. Guess we'll just have to experience it for ourselves.

From the looks of it, yes. Seems like a nice balance of "enough" ammo, not scarce.

stream is ps3 right? looks pretty rough. as to be expected though i guess.

It honestly looks good to me.

I've got my theories, I've taken a few peaks but I haven't watched in-depth. But from the bits I see, I notice the enemies have some differences, I'm assuming it's because he's near the beginning and this area with the
village
is an obvious RE4 call-back. But to be seen, all I know is they're going down easier from the bits I've seen in this early area than they did in the area I played (which is set in Chapter 9, where he is right now is Chapter 2).

Yea I noticed you have to be quick on the trigger or whatever you're using as a weapon, because the enemies will duck and bob and rush you. So you can't really sit there and wait to get the perfect head shot, the guy streaming has missed a few times because of this.

Other than that he is pretty good at the game, kicking ass.

Top Bottom