• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

MCDkY5n.jpg

Is that a PC Case? If so, what's the name of it?

Edit: Is this it? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108479

Haha, thanks! The 2nd monitor is a new addition and I already don't know how I lived without it!
There's nothing like more screens. 2 is perfect. I actually don't use my 3rd much for anything other than when I'm developing. Portrait + landscape is the way to go!

ghibli99

B8KyjtI.jpg

This is basically all I see from where I sit. I do my PC/gaming in one spot, with my rig and consoles under my desk (PC on floor, consoles on a rolling low-profile TV stand). Our living room TV is for sat/streaming only.

LG 43" 4K HDR, Steelseries Sensei Raw, CM Storm QF Pro (cherry reds), XB1 controller, Onkyo 2.1, and a silly card reader I was too lazy to move out of view. :)

Screen size and resolution are perfect for my viewing distance (about 2.5 feet). Windows scaling at 150%.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I live in a modest apartment. Nothing fancy. The first pic is my main gaming area including a new KS8000 picked up last night. My PS4 and soon PS4 Pro, and PC i7-4900k and Gtx TitanX(original) are hooked to this set.

image_16.jpeg

This second, older, pic shows the rest of the room. The larger set to the right is where the Xbox One is hooked up. My wife likes it for games like Lego Dimensions or Rock Band.
image_17.jpeg

shanafan

Updated desk and monitor situation a few weeks back. Really enjoying that 1440p/144Hz g-sync stuff, really is a worthwhile upgrade.

I think that is my next upgrade. I have two 1080p 19" monitors, looking to go 1440p or higher. Unfortunately, my monitors can't match since it appears anything above 1080p isn't available on a 19" monitor - unless I buy two, lol.

Omikron

I think that is my next upgrade. I have two 1080p 19" monitors, looking to go 1440p or higher. Unfortunately, my monitors can't match since it appears anything above 1080p isn't available on a 19" monitor - unless I buy two, lol.

yeah, but... don't have the budget for that, so will just deal with the old 24" being the 2nd screen to show video etc. it's fine honestly.

shanafan

yeah, but... don't have the budget for that, so will just deal with the old 24" being the 2nd screen to show video etc. it's fine honestly.

True. I game always on my left monitor and web surf on the right, so it would be fine for the meantime.

Jockel

I don't think I've posted my living room setup before, so here goes nuthin':
FJWxFkc.jpg

(There are even more systems hidden in the drawers)
pP0KCfB.jpg

0EaKAUc.jpg

NnfV1qC.jpg

HidFS9g.jpg

I'm running out of space pretty badly, so I have to stack stuff literally everywhere :(
EWxG5pS.jpg

Shoutouts to VGM-GAF <3
Looks like I will be moving to a much larger flat soon and I managed to negotiate a dedicated gaming room with Mrs. Jockel. Finally some place to store all my stuff!

Iced

Below is my fairly basic setup. I used to do a lot of console gaming but lately I'm mostly PC since I now live with my fiancee and I don't like tying up the TV too much. This is in our spare room which has a lot of other junk (including a guest bed), which is why everything is pushed into the corner of the room. I kinda wish my chair had arms when playing with a controller, but it makes it easier to tuck into the desk.

I tend to value function over appearance, which is why you'll see my Sennheiser 598 headphones resting on my PC case. The cord for the headphones actually runs under my Ikea desk (which has integrated cable management underneath) and up to my Fiio E10K, which rests on top of an HDD toaster. Everything is within easy reach. I have a filing cabinet to the right of my desk which has some paperwork, but more importantly has a bunch of controllers and assorted cables.

I recently did a nearly complete overhaul of my system. Coming from an Antec 900, I was amazed at how well I could manage cables in a competent case. It's still not necessarily pretty with the enormous CPU cooler hanging off the mobo, but everything is really clean and I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

myUK2Q7.jpg

blbZoYh.jpg

o64H0gM.jpg

8n91Bv8.jpg

Ybg1v4W.jpg

Nothing about this would win any awards, but the setup totally suits my current needs and then some.

Specs:
- NZXT S340
- i7 6700K
- Asus Z170-A motherboard
- G Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 ram
- EVGA 1070 FTW
- AOC 144hz Gsync monitor

Elitist1945

Quick question: My tv unit is sitting ontop of my floor vent with no room for air to flow underneath. I'm fine with not getting heat/cool air from it, but will having it blocked cause any issues?

The new rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hPGpwZLbQ#action=share

Photo sets here.

aMpQpUsl.jpg

[E]xcelsior [M]axi[MA]

Core i7 5930K - 4.6Ghz OC
Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme motherboard
8 x 4GB (32GB) Corsair Dominator Pro DDR4-3200
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME 512GB
NZXT Phantom 820 case
2 x Nvidia Titan X Pascal SLI - 2050Mhz core/11Ghz memory OC
4TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm HDD
Corsair AX1500i 1500W PSU
EVGA High Bandwidth SLI Bridge

Liquid cooling system - Bitspower fittings, PETG hard tubing, Bitspower Flow Indicator, dual Bitspower D5 coolant pumps, Bitspower Z-Multi reservoir, EKWB Coolstream 360 & 240 radiators, Corsair SPL120 fans (custom green), EKWB Pastel Green Liquid Coolant, 2 x EKWB Titan X Pascal Waterblocks & Backplates, EKWB CPU Waterblock.

Accoutrements: Nvidia GeForce GTX case emblem laser-cut acrylic, Nvidia GeForce GTX inner case emblem laser-cut acrylic, GeForce GTX Titan X PSU shroud laser-cut & internally lighted, Lamptron PCIE slot covers in Lime Green. Custom Revolution Technologia Black Green Sleeved cables.

Firestrike Ultra Hall of Fame score of 13,493, ranked 69. http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1/2+gpu

Her name is (E)xcelsior (M)axi(MA). Or EMMA for short. Translated from Latin meaning "Above and Beyond The Maximum Limit".

enewtabie

Pretty much done with my PC gaming setup.
Dell 27" 2560x1440 144hz Gsync Monitor
1070 EVGA FTW
16gb Ram
Corsair mousepad,keyboard,mouse,liquid cooler,ram.. Waiting on the MM800 MPad to arrive
Finished all the cable management as well.. Getting ready for some PC gaming(I haven't played PC since 05)

Kyne

man gaf really has a sense of style.

I'll be putting my new place together in the next couple of weeks. Will def post it up when it's ready.

I wanted to mount my TV on the wall and then have a low profile cabinet or something underneath it for: center speaker, receiver, ps3/4, wiiu, nx? and I can't seem to find anything that I really like, UGH.

I look online and I see some things for $250 that are ok and not perfect and then the next thing is $1k or something, I don't get it. Any tips for this stuff?

Actual

Fun setup Actual! Love the action shot of the space being used. What lightstrip setup are you using for the console case?

Thank you! I have friends and family over pretty often just to play multiplayer games. We often set up a second TV too, then play online with each other. Works great with stuff like Rocket League.

The light strips are simple IKEA LED's. There's 3 sets, which is why you see three different colors.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365/

There's a pretty elaborate network of cables, tape and tacks back there to make it look clean.

Kyne

That Besta stand is sooooo nice. Can you get them with two slots (so you could fit a PS4 and cable box)?

Yes, the Besta series is a modular set of furniture. You can customize the units however you want with different types of parts.

This is the unit that I'll be putting together for the sake of my consoles (which should answer your question):

besta-tv-unit-with-drawers-white__0353631_PE536880_S4.JPG

BumRush

Yes, the Besta series is a modular set of furniture. You can customize the units however you want with different types of parts.

This is the unit that I'll be putting together for the sake of my consoles (which should answer your question):

besta-tv-unit-with-drawers-white__0353631_PE536880_S4.JPG

It does, thank you.

Thank you! I have friends and family over pretty often just to play multiplayer games. We often set up a second TV too, then play online with each other. Works great with stuff like Rocket League.

The light strips are simple IKEA LED's. There's 3 sets, which is why you see three different colors.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50192365/

There's a pretty elaborate network of cables, tape and tacks back there to make it look clean.

Ah cool, I wondered how you got the rainbow effect. Looks great with that shelf! I have a pretty extensive setup of Hue lights but their lightstrip can only do one color at a time (well maybe 3rd party apps let you change that, I haven't looked into it recently).

Top Bottom