• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

Draugoth

Gold Member
KCCyt1z.png

Silent Hill 2 set to release on October 8thHaving received a letter from his deceased wife,James heads to where they shared so many memories,in the hope of seeing her one more time: Silent Hill.There, by the lake, he finds a woman eerily similar to her..."My name... is Maria," the woman smiles. Her face, her voice... She's just like her.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
As a huge Silent Hill 2 fan I was always hesitant about this for obvious reasons. I haven't even watched the new trailer yet, but that picture of Angela says everything lmaoooo. My GOD!

SH2 is a game that is arguably in my Mt. Rushmore, watching this remake is killing me inside in ways I cannot put in words.

Last edited:
Looks like absolute dog water and runs at 30fps. Those cheap scares really pulled me out the trailer too. Silent Hill was always more subtle than that to me.

Reactions: Isa

RSLAEV

The trailers for the original versions featured a lot of Akira Yamaoka's music. I don't think it was smart for them to stray from that with this trailer.

Let’s be honest this wasn’t what was expected. This debate about visuals or gameplay, you might as well not bother with future hardware if this is the attitude. Surely it’s not unreasonable to have hoped for something better than that.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’ve never played Silent Hill 2 before and I had hopes this would be a good remake. But oof, maybe I’ll just track down a PS2 copy.

Itchy Tickles

Gold Member
I actually thought it looked good. Maybe the fact I don't have a hate boner for Bloober might help. On the other hand, I love Silent Hill yes, but I wouldn't say I'm a blinded by that or a stupid fanboy who will defend it no matter what. I've been (like most people) so let down and disappointed by the series for years (well, when they actually made games) and hated Konami for it. I am really interested in this remake.

I haven't rewatched the trailer that shows the October date, but is it day 1 PS5 and PC?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Angela was off putting, some serious downgrade from the original. I really want this game to be good, fucking love SH2, and I have enjoyed Bloobers past games, but everytime they show off SH2 it goes from bad to worse. The graphics, the character models, the action, the atmosphere, it's not really there. Something is off. And they still haven't shown Maria. But after seeing Angela Im not sure I want to. Fucking hell Bloobers, you had one job.

Top Bottom