• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

so much of skyrim's modding resources are dedicated to making women look voluptuous... like considering the actual game itself, why are people so into doing that? Posing?

I mean, I get the argument that any body is better than the vanilla one, but some of the female models are very errh... yeah.
Then again, it's not like only female models get the nudie treatment, there are male nude models as well... hairy, or shaved, cut or uncut... many options.

Edit, yep even after letting 31 days pass in game, still random crashes every now and then, and guaranteed crashes in certain locations... its amazing how some simple costume or mesh mods can fuck up stuff completely unrelated. Either it's the way the game itself works, or some modders just don't pay attention to what they actually modify.

daxy

Edit, yep even after letting 31 days pass in game, still random crashes every now and then, and guaranteed crashes in certain locations... its amazing how some simple costume or mesh mods can fuck up stuff completely unrelated. Either it's the way the game itself works, or some modders just don't pay attention to what they actually modify.

Shit man. You could try removing all mods, reinstalling the game, and removing the .ini files, but I think your save game may be royally fucked. If you go back to an earlier save file, does it still happen? Could try checking if your base game load order is out of whack. From what I understand there is the load order that programs like NMM surface, but also some other underlying order that requires manual editing; maybe there is some leftover crap in there.

Unfortunately, many of the modders don't know much about what the side effects are of using their mods, or what will happen when they interact with other mods. Some of them are literally so fucked that they will bloat your save game to the 100s of MBs. I always go through the comments and bug reports on Nexus to check, but you can never know for sure.

I encountered a bug that broke the skeleton on my character's arm in oldrim, which persisted regardless of what I tried to fix it.

I'm about to throw this fucking computer out the window.

Why did the game run fine for the first 2 hours now I can't play 2 minutes without it crashing.

I can't think it's a mod because once again, I'm only walking outside like I've done for the past 2 hours.

Why did the game run fine for the first 2 hours now I can't play 2 minutes without it crashing.

I can't think it's a mod because once again, I'm only walking outside like I've done for the past 2 hours.

Still likely a mod, all it takes is for one dirty script somewhere in the world to send it crashing. Try running TESVEdit to clean the files.

Still likely a mod, all it takes is for one dirty script somewhere in the world to send it crashing. Try running TESVEdit to clean the files.

I've cleaned the files.

I actually fixed the cache, then came back and cleaned it again as all of the ITM files were back.

Now I'm getting the game with no audio and it freezes my whole high end computer. This only fucking happens with the broken ass mess of a Bethesda game. And this is the point I'm reminded this is Bethesda and that I'm fucking done for the time being.

Vanilla game is too meh, with the mods it would have been fun with Sofia on my side making bad jokes and shit.

I was looking to play the game in the meantime while FFXV came out, but I obviously can't play this game until more time passes since its release and the modding community/SKSE are out. Maybe next year I'll come back.

I just wanted to get back into a massive open world 'be whoever you want to be' game I can get a big ass sword and wear sweet armor. Unfortunately there aren't many titles like what I want, if any, that aren't from Bethesda with a mod community as large.

Abhor

I would guess save bloat/corruption from an unstable mod, or perhaps an issue with your system. Latest drivers? Working fine with other games? IIRC nvidia had a driver update specifically for SSE.

I would guess save bloat/corruption from an unstable mod, or perhaps an issue with your system. Latest drivers? Working fine with other games? IIRC nvidia had a driver update specifically for SSE.

I have the latest drivers. Regardless now there's an issue with audio. At this point I've decided I'd rather wait until the game can run decently.

edit: does the game run better/worse with Bethesda.net mods instead of Nexus? Maybe if I install them through that it'll run better as I have no issue with using that over Nexus if the bethesda.net load order does everything.

Grexeno

Fantastic! I downloaded all the mods I want, started playing, and I literally can't walk into Riverwood without a CTD.

I don't understand.

TheZink

On Xbox mine is doing the same thing. I can't even get past the loading screen.

JC Sera

I tried re-installing WICO and checking out the options but there was no "SFW" one
I guess I'll just have to not loot clothes off women
this is my first time modding skyrim I am not saavy at this

I tried re-installing WICO and checking out the options but there was no "SFW" one
I guess I'll just have to not loot clothes off women
this is my first time modding skyrim I am not saavy at this

Hmm.. so there's no such option then, maybe I remember it wrong.

However, I think you have another body replacer mod installed on top of WICO.
gERVHos.png

JC Sera

she can check if she downloaded any of the mods that updates female bodies at all or looks. They might have snuck naked bodies.
WICO is the only body mod I added unfortunately
Hmm.. so there's no such option then, maybe I remember it wrong.

However, I think you have another body replacer mod installed on top of WICO.
the WICO files I have, all have nude next to them in their file name tho, but I i downloaded the only WICO file there was on nexus for S:SE?

Onivulk

Banned

the WICO files I have, all have nude next to them in their file name tho, but I i downloaded the only WICO file there was on nexus for S:SE?

Looking at the nexus right now, there's options for both atm.

Se_7_eN

Just got back from the family Thanksgiving, this is exactly what I have been waiting for... Goodbye RLO!

Looking at the nexus right now, there's options for both atm.

I also downloaded the NON Nude version of WICO and have nude females... The males are not nude when I decide to take everything, the females are and I know for a fact I selected never nude.

JC Sera

Just got back from the family Thanksgiving, this is exactly what I have been waiting for... Goodbye RLO!

I also downloaded the NON Nude version of WICO and have nude females... The males are not nude when I decide to take everything, the females are and I know for a fact I selected never nude.
yep thats my problem!

yep thats my problem!

Sounds like a bug that the mod creator missed because you were the first person to ever select non-nude. I believe in QA they call that "inevitable slip-through"; you can't possibly test such obscure and unlikely test-cases.

(Just let the mod creator know--making sure to provide them your load order--and wait for an update to the mod.)

JC Sera

Sounds like a bug that the mod creator missed because you were the first person to ever select non-nude. I believe in QA they call that "inevitable slip-through"; you can't possibly test such obscure and unlikely test-cases.

(Just let the mod creator know--making sure to provide them your load order--and wait for an update to the mod.)
I was an idiot and forgot uninstall the nude version before adding the non-nude version
@_@
but i'm glad its fixed and I can loot bodies with no fear of random all out displays

justjim89

Something is really wrong with my game. Anytime I go into an inn the game crashes. Not any building, seemingly just inns. Very strange.

I've been looking through the mods for what seems like forever and I can't find one that makes it darker outside (Xbox One).

I found and installed a RealLight - Dungeons.. and that's working well, and you actually need to use a torch most of the time, which is cool..

But adventuring outside at "night" is just adventuring with a blue tint.

I've seen some references to different mods.. but can't seem to find them listed. Any help would be appreciated!

NMM question for you. The first time I installed a mod, I get a nice GUI explaining various options. After doing a clean install of Skyrim SE, I no longer get that GUI when installing a mod. Any way to choose different options?

Anyone here have vivid weather and the game is running fine for them on pc? What about the HD snow or the snow footsteps mod?

I'm trying to find what mod I could possibly pinpoint as the culprit fucking up my game to crash this often.

What about the better npc AI? Improved flora?

kromeo

NMM question for you. The first time I installed a mod, I get a nice GUI explaining various options. After doing a clean install of Skyrim SE, I no longer get that GUI when installing a mod. Any way to choose different options?

Did you uninstall the mods from nmm first? The options come up when you first install the mod but not when you just reactivate it

Newboi

I just have to say, I just recently became acquainted with LOOT and I now implore anyone who is not using it to download it now and use it!

I had no idea how good of a job it did with organize your mods for you and puts them in the most optimal sort order!

Running LOOT's sort completely corrected just about every random issue I've had with Skyrim in terms of sudden/random uneven performance, texture, and behavior oddities.

Anyone here have vivid weather and the game is running fine for them on pc? What about the HD snow or the snow footsteps mod?

I'm trying to find what mod I could possibly pinpoint as the culprit fucking up my game to crash this often.

I don't think any of those mods will make your game crash.
In SSE crashes are often caused by bad meshes. Use SSE NIF Optimizer on the Data/meshes folder and see if that helps.

Hystzen

What are the best PS4 mods to try?

I understand the limitations of PS4 mods but I just had to get it for native 4K on my Pro.

Dense grass
WATER
Darkness falls
man Your Borders
More bandit camps
Supreme storms
Lampposts of skyrim
No sun damage for hood vampires
NPC gear tweaks 1-3
Less aggressive animals
Enhanced smithing
Organised civil war units
Immersive citizens
Realistic dialogue

Are key ones

Se_7_eN

Something is really wrong with my game. Anytime I go into an inn the game crashes. Not any building, seemingly just inns. Very strange.

It must be an "Interior" mod... Try saving outside of an Inn, disabling all Interior mods and then entering.

Once you are able to enter, enable each one at a time and you should find the culprit... Also, make sure you are using LOOT to get a correct load order.

I am buying it... Hopefully this doesn't get shut down by Bethesda, since it is getting players to buy copies of their older games.

Abhor

Those mods, to my knowledge, are perfectly fine. Though I would recommend ELFX + True Storms over Vivid Weathers and Climates of Tamriel.

justjim89

It must be an "Interior" mod... Try saving outside of an Inn, disabling all Interior mods and then entering.

Once you are able to enter, enable each one at a time and you should find the culprit... Also, make sure you are using LOOT to get a correct load order.

I'm using loot, and I don't think I have any interior mods. Unless it's something more general like SMIM or Cutting room floor. This is odd. It literally only happens in inns.

You seem to have quite some mods installed, some that use scripts. Are you using Loot for load order? I'm not really into the scene now but a lot of mods are being ported which will cause trouble without proper load order+Wrye Bash+TES5 Edit+possibly FNIS.

Having a stable highly modded Skyrim in PC pretty much requires all of the above.

so much of skyrim's modding resources are dedicated to making women look voluptuous... like considering the actual game itself, why are people so into doing that? Posing?

I realized that the other day when I was trying to find a certain mod that apparently flagged as adult content, I turned that filter off and it was just nudie mods for pages and pages, of varying kinds and shapes and sizes. My girlfriend was staring over my shoulder and I didn't have any kind of explanation for it, I just don't see the need for it but whatever floats your boat I guess...

SpecX

Curious, got Skyrim on Friday and now I'm addicted again. Been playing nothing but this game all weekend and probably will be doing so again tonight. How are mods on the PS4 version? Are they limited and is there any stability issues to look out for? Also, I noticed the disclaimer stated trophies are disabled when mods are activated, so what's the mind set on this? Should I go through the game with mods or play through and activate mods later?

justjim89

I'm gonna post my load order. If anyone has any idea why I crash whenever I enter inns (no other buildings, just inns) please let me know.

-Unofficial patch
-Campfire
-Cutting Room Floor
-SMIM
-Belt fastened quivers
-lore based loading screens
-reflection level up messages
-face masks of skyrim
-immersive citizens
-relationship dialogue overhaul
-no snow under the roof
-verdant
-realistic water two
-teg solstheim
-hothtrooper44 armor compilation
-marco's integrated level lists
-rebalanced level lists
-lamposts of skyrim
-point the way
-JK's whiterun
-JK's riverwood
-run for your lives
-ars metallica
-footprints
-immersive patrols 2
-skyrim flora overhaul
-waves
-imperial outfits
-dr. bandolier
-dd enhanced blood
-notice board
-blood and gore
-torturerhoodtemper
-amber glass variant
-better quest objectives
-beast skeletons
-partunaax dilemma
-hold border banners
-bqo parthunaax dilemma
-50 more perk points
-true storms se
-lsfx audio settings
-hothtrooper44 armor eccksstra
-craftable telvanni robes
-AMB glass variants lore
-differently ebony
-amb skyforge weapons
-winter is coming
-wet and cold
-when vampires attack
-capes and cloaks
-black mage armor
-live another life
-bqo live another life

I have no idea what's causing this. The only other thing I can imagine trying is disabling every mod and reactivating them one by one, which I don't wanna do. Even LOOT isn't loading up for me right now.

Top Bottom