• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I asked and never got a answer. What are the best 5 mods for Xbox that improve graphics and textures of npc's?

I would really like to find one that improves the faces of the npc's. Then anything that makes the Skyrim world look better. Thanks for any help.

On the Xbox I've yet to see anything that substantially treats the classic, Bethesda wax figure condition but these help a decent bit.

KS Hairdos - adds 30 new hairstyles into the world

Realistic Eyes - this is subtle but makes a huge difference in my opinion

There are a few others but they seem to tank performance to an unacceptable level given their degree of improvement. This is Xbox hardware after all.

As far as world mods you have a lot more options. I use:

Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) - big, sweeping texture revamp. Subtle, but as a package even the "lite" version for Xbox is a big upgrade

Skyrim Graphics Overhaul

Realistic water 2 - paired with Vivid Weathers this mod is amazing. Really noticeable reflection of the gorgeous auroras at night.

Lush Vegetation Overhaul - does what it sounds like.

Vivid Weathers (a must have) - less resource intensive than Climates of Tamriel and better in my opinion

Dense Grass

Project Hippie - only noticeable in Whiterun, Riverwood and surrounding areas but damn is it a big improvement. Note: this mod may not play nice with other mods that add player homes or building around the aforementioned cities.

Most of these, especially all together are incompatible with Open Cities for most users.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Does anyone know what's going on with LD50365's mods on console?

He's known for some amazing player homes like Draven Manor, Skyfall Estate and the fully buildable/sailable pirate ship The Scarlett.

Despite these being ported to the Xbox initially, they've since been taken down and all I can find are a few comments about animosity between the MA and the console community.

Anyone have more details?

Such a talented modder, it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on his creations.

Unai

Does anyone know what's going on with LD50365's mods on console?

He's known for some amazing player homes like Draven Manor, Skyfall Estate and the fully buildable/sailable pirate ship The Scarlett.

Despite these being ported to the Xbox initially, they've since been taken down and all I can find are a few comments about animosity between the MA and the console community.

Anyone have more details?

Such a talented modder, it would be a shame for anyone to miss out on his creations.

What's the MA?

Grexeno

I've started installing mods that change the leveled lists in my Legendary Edition. I hope I'm rebuilding my Bashed Patch properly.

ELFX doesn't make interiors dark though. Most are actually brighter because you have more light sources.
Only the Enhancer and Hardcore modules make them really dark.

leng jai

I tried this and found it pretty unimpressive. Reeeeally dark, I guess it's what they're going for, but it's obtrusive

Anyone else tried Imaginator? Not ENB, but gives you some different visual options that you can stack together and the FPS hit seems really minimal. I think I like it.

It's probably some other mod that's making everything dark.

Mist

Banned
Does Mod Organizer work with the Special Edition? Or does NMM right now work the same (as in: it isolates mods)?

So "Skyland" dropped on xb1; seems to be a massive retexture work (475mb). It says it's compatible with the SMIM retexture mod. Anyone tried it yet? I'm starting to worry I'm going to melt my console with all these graphic adjustments.

Like, a lot of these visual mods were made with mid-to-high end PCs in mind. I have no idea how they're working on xb1 without massive performance hits. I mean, I've got SMIM, Real Water Two, Project Hippie, Vivid Weathers, Lush Overhaul, and Dense Grass all running and I haven't seen a single instance of problems. It's kind of amazing.

RedRum

Banned
So "Skyland" dropped on xb1; seems to be a massive retexture work (475mb). It says it's compatible with the SMIM retexture mod. Anyone tried it yet? I'm starting to worry I'm going to melt my console with all these graphic adjustments.

Like, a lot of these visual mods were made with mid-to-high end PCs in mind. I have no idea how they're working on xb1 without massive performance hits. I mean, I've got SMIM, Real Water Two, Project Hippie, Vivid Weathers, Lush Overhaul, and Dense Grass all running and I haven't seen a single instance of problems. It's kind of amazing.

Just installed it in a new game. I'm running it alongside Lush Overhaul. No issues thus far on XB1. It's goddamn great.

Also, what is SMIM?? And is Real Water Two worth it?

I need to investigate my load order. I have SMIM and Skyland installed but I see zero effects from Skyland at all. I also have Real Water 2, Hippie, Vivid, Lush and Dense as well.

Should Skyland go before SMIM or after? Or maybe they aren't even compatible Hmmm.

Soodanim

Just installed it in a new game. I'm running it alongside Lush Overhaul. No issues thus far on XB1. It's goddamn great.

Also, what is SMIM?? And is Real Water Two worth it?
SMIM improves static meshes like ropes and chains. Big improvement. Everyone should be using it.

I need to investigate my load order. I have SMIM and Skyland installed but I see zero effects from Skyland at all. I also have Real Water 2, Hippie, Vivid, Lush and Dense as well.

Should Skyland go before SMIM or after? Or maybe they aren't even compatible Hmmm.
SMIM should be compatible with everything according to its page on Nexus, you load SMIM first then any texture packs after. That way it loads the new meshes first, then any new textures replace the SMIM ones.

twisted89

Anyone know of a mod that speeds up/removes the fast travel fade out/in. It's really starting to bug me when I travel and it starts to fade in and disables movement until it's done. Running on a SSD and it seems I spend half the time waiting for input to re-enable even though I can see the game and loading is clearly finished.

kromeo

I've turned off the lighting mods I had but I'm still getting the pitch black nights, regardless of the weather, something must have been permanently changed :(

Is there a realistic looking replacement for the Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul? It apparently has serious bugs and the mod author just fucked off saying 'lol complete'

I spent the better part of a day downloading and configuring mods for this, but after play for a little, I think I might wait for more mods to be compatible. I really want a mod that makes the game harder from the economy perspective. I want to really have to scrounge for items to sell and make every purchase a big decision. I had a mod like that for oblivion that made it so much more fun to me.

I've turned off the lighting mods I had but I'm still getting the pitch black nights, regardless of the weather, something must have been permanently changed :(

Have you updated USSEP?

I had pitch black nights when using RLO and I narrowed the cause down to one of two things. It was either USSEP or the HiRes FireEffect mod (which I thought was just a retexture and not a lighting mod). I updated USSEP and disabled that fire mod mod and it fixed it for me. I'm leaning more towards it being a conflict between RLO the fire effect mod though.

However, I've found that sometimes some bugs get sorted by simply reinstalling or updating USSEP every once in a while so I would try that if you don't also use the fire effect mod. I only know about that mod from the Septim guide so there is a chance that others followed some of it as well.

Seems i completely fucked up my game. I get so many random crashes, most of the time I can't even properly go to any locale, have to use console commands to spawn in cells, and even that sometimes ctds for me.

I ordered the Plugins with Loot, cleaned the mods with SSEDit... fucking hell.

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 Hearthfires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Falskaar.esm
6 6 ApachiiHair.esm
7 7 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
8 8 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
9 9 ELFX - Exteriors.esp
10 a RealisticWaterTwo.esp
11 b Point The Way.esp
12 c Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
13 d SMIM-Merged-All.esp
14 e ELFXEnhancer.esp
15 f Ars Metallica.esp
16 10 WICO - Immersive People.esp
17 11 WICO - USSEP Compatible Patch.esp
18 12 WICO - Immersive Character.esp
19 13 WICO - Immersive Dawnguard.esp
20 14 Trees in Cities.esp
21 15 SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
22 16 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
23 17 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
24 18 dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
25 19 Tembtra Thief Armor.esp
26 1a XPMSE.esp
27 1b CarryWeight x100.esp
28 1c JZBai_PracticalFemaleArmors.esp
29 1d WetandCold.esp
30 1e Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp
31 1f Merta Assassin Armor.esp
32 20 ELFX - Weathers.esp
33 21 Open Cities Skyrim.esp
34 22 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Any ideas if I can salvage anything or am I screwed? (if so I just give up on Skyrim for good. Got my 9 bucks worth out of it)

What exactly did you clean with SSEEdit? Mods don't need manual cleaning normally.
Did you uninstall mods mid playthrough?

I cleaned the ones that showed ITM entries and deleted Navmeshes.

Only mods i uninstalled mid playthrough were some texture mods, and that Linkle outfit one that instantly crashed the game when i tried to load it.

daxy

I cleaned the ones that showed ITM entries and deleted Navmeshes.

Only mods i uninstalled mid playthrough were some texture mods, and that Linkle outfit one that instantly crashed the game when i tried to load it.

Have you tried waiting for 31 days to clean broken scripts out of your game save?

Abhor

33 21 Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Unless you uninstalled some heavy/scripted mods mid-playthrough, I would guess this is the culprit. OCS is a nice idea and has novelty for a while, but it has so many incompatibilities and is not exactly the "safest" mod to use (not really the mod's fault as it has a pretty ambitious goal). I personally stay away from it.

Unless you uninstalled some heavy/scripted mods mid-playthrough, I would guess this is the culprit. OCS is a nice idea and has novelty for a while, but it has so many incompatibilities and is not exactly the "safest" mod to use (not really the mod's fault as it has a pretty ambitious goal). I personally stay away from it.

This is true. I had to restart my game because OCS is heavily dependant on other mods' compatibility patch. Disabling it mid-game only made things worse, NPCs getting stuck somewhere, events not triggering, etc.

Is there a version of WICO that is sfw if I want to completely loot a female corpse @_@

WICO is perfectly safe for work if you choose the right options on installation.

Ashodin

so much of skyrim's modding resources are dedicated to making women look voluptuous... like considering the actual game itself, why are people so into doing that? Posing?

so much of skyrim's modding resources are dedicated to making women look voluptuous... like considering the actual game itself, why are people so into doing that? Posing?

I don't understand why there's so many people who want nudity in their Skyrim. Like, why not just jerk off before you play?

I don't understand why there's so many people who want nudity in their Skyrim. Like, why not just jerk off before you play?

As I see it, I think it's all started from DA Origins. I remember modders making naughty mods, skimpy outfit and sex animations for that, as well as beautiful female player character and NPCs. And then Skyrim is out, all I see is the similar pattern of mods coming out just like in Origins.

As I see it, I think it's all started from DA Origins. I remember modders making naughty mods, skimpy outfit and sex animations for that, as well as beautiful female player character and NPCs. And then Skyrim is out, all I see is the similar pattern of mods coming out just like in Origins.

It goes way farther back than Dragon Age. Skyrim isn't even the first Elder Scrolls game to have it.

rashbeep

Banned

Oblivion had these mods too.

Velcro Fly

Alright. I'm hoping for a little help but I may be asking a lot.

I bought a PS4 bundle from Amazon and it includes this game. I fully intend to try playing and enjoying it but I always get a little overwhelmed with open world games like this. I love exploring and doing my own thing but not knowing where to go sometimes frustrates me.

Are there any mods to be aware of that make keeping track of the world and quests and such easier? Does the game do a good job of this to begin with?

Just anything out there that is good for being organized with things would help out a ton. I figured I'd ask because I have no idea what is out there since I haven't played the game.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies and help.

Ryzaki009

heh we don't even have the jiggle mods yet.

Alright. I'm hoping for a little help but I may be asking a lot.

I bought a PS4 bundle from Amazon and it includes this game. I fully intend to try playing and enjoying it but I always get a little overwhelmed with open world games like this. I love exploring and doing my own thing but not knowing where to go sometimes frustrates me.

Are there any mods to be aware of that make keeping track of the world and quests and such easier? Does the game do a good job of this to begin with?

Just anything out there that is good for being organized with things would help out a ton. I figured I'd ask because I have no idea what is out there since I haven't played the game.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies and help.

The quest tracker makes it pretty difficult to get completely lost. And there's a spell that also makes it easier to know where you're going.

Hawk269

Are there are any mods for the Xbox One that helps improve the blurriness in the far distance on objects? For example in the very first town where it has a fence that looks like it is made up of sticks/branches, in the far distance they appear a little blurry. On the PS4 PRO due to higher resolution it does not happen, just wondering if there mods that help improve clarity/IQ.

Top Bottom