• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword coming to NA eShop today!

AGITΩ

One of my favorite Zelda games. Still have a sealed collectors edition i got at launch. Will buy for the hell of it.

_woLf

The one 3D Zelda I wanted a remaster of most would be the only one that doesn't get one.

Sigh. Maybe someday on NX.

The worst Zelda I've ever finished. Motion controls were terrible. Twilight Princess on Wii was far more controllable.

Then T-Pain sings to you. Actually it's like the end of Cochise by Audioslave, except it's the entirety of every song.

The only Zelda game I've never finished. (Not counting the cd-I games)

So sick of the motion controls. Just couldn't take anymore.

Forkball

Now you can play the fourth best 3D Zelda game!

I'm pretty sure the Wii U and 3DS have ever Zelda title ready to download and play now.

Lots of mixed impressions on here, I was always a little interested in trying this game. Maybe I should just go back to trying to finish Wind Waker HD.

Garlador

Master, the batteries in your wii remote are running low.

This literally happened to me on the final boss fight.

There I was, in the heat of battle, fully immersed in this epic struggle for the fate of the world, the ultimate clash between darkness and light, with nothing standing between me and my opponent, as I raise my sword high into the air, sword beaming with white light, and...

"Master, your wii remote batteries are running low. I suggest you replace them."

... I have never, ever been sucked out of the moment as hard as I was when that happened. You just had to get one last one in, didn't you Fi...

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
Lots of mixed impressions on here, I was always a little interested in trying this game. Maybe I should just go back to trying to finish Wind Waker HD.

Wind Waker is an astounding Zelda experience, do play it.

Personally I loved Skyward Sword so much it became my 2nd favorite Zelda game. The music, the visuals, the enemies, the dungeons, the boss fights. All incredibly good.

Unlike many Zelda games, I can actually name a few NPCs from SS, because they were actually memorable, quasi fleshed out characters.

I never had any problems getting motion controls to work for me, but I don't flail my arms like a moron, as I've watched many of my friends try.

I promise you, the game registers small motions fairly well, relax and you'll get it.

There I was, in the heat of battle, fully immersed in this epic struggle for the fate of the world, the ultimate clash between darkness and light, with nothing standing between me and my opponent, as I raise my sword high into the air, sword beaming with white light, and...

"Master, your wii remote batteries are running low. I suggest you replace them."

... I have never, ever been sucked out of the moment as hard as I was when that happened. You just had to get one last one in, didn't you Fi...

It never ceases to amaze me how Nintendo can't even have standard practices across all their games. Mario Galaxy can alert you about low batteries with a quick beep and a small logo in the bottom right of the screen, but Zelda needs to interrupt you with flavor text?

Thabass

This is one of the best Zelda games ever. I know many people will disagree with me on that, but I had a blast playing this.

Dr. Buni

This game is awesome. One of the best Zeldas to me. I like Majora's Mask and A Link Between Worlds a bit more though :3

maxcriden

If you're open to learning some complex Motion controls, you may really enjoy it. We tried it and very much couldn't get into it after an hour of play, then tried it again a couple years later and found it to have a significant learning curve (I made a thread at the time titled "Help, I'm terrible at Skyward Sword!") but came to absolutely love it. One of my and my wife's favorite games of all time. It has a 93 on MC so when it came out it was pretty universally praised.

joshlpaige

Neo Member
I think the motion control is the best part of this game. The focus on collecting things and the constant need to remind us of what we just picked up made this a chore to play. I will download it (I'm a sucker for Zelda). Hopefully it will make a better impression this time.

It's a Zelda game with zero exploration elements (which pisses off a lot of people), requires you to swing a sword straight instead of simply pushing a button (which pisses off a lot of people) and has a lot of reminders and babysitting of resources and objectives (which pisses off a lot of people)

Do you like dungeons? Skyward Sword's whole thing is that even the non dungeon areas are more linear and require more puzzle solving than other Zeldas. It's like the whole game is structured as one big series of dungeons. If that sounds fun, you'll enjoy it, but if you play the series for the rudimentary open world elements, stay very far away.

Would get a copy if I didn't still have my disc. Anyone who hasn't played it yet, hope you enjoy. It's my personal favorite Zelda game, and I always love to see people give it an honest shot!

Neff

I've been playing this on and off over the last few weeks.

It's a mixed game, but also a classic case of highs so very high that the lows barely register.

In return for indulging a bit of repetition and bloat, you get some of the best dungeons, puzzles, action, characters, visual design and storytelling in the series.

takriel

The ending must have been bittersweet for you, heh.

Yeah Nintendo seems to have a soft spot for SS given the love it's gotten after it's release with Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart and even Sonic, so I'd expect a remaster in the future.

Top Bottom