• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces lets you create your own character [Update: Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veldin

Sega a few weeks after Sonic Forces releases:

whid1.gif

In reality, it'll be like this:

bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif

SpokkX

Finally I can create my own shitty Sonic friend

My thougts exactly.. i even laughed, as per usual, at this mechanic. Why would i create MORE shitty friends? I want LESS

Then i the positve saw the reaction here and i am confused? Why do "sonic fans" want to create their own shitty friend?

Explosions are from Burst, the Red Wisp power. It goes back to Colors DS.

Yes, and in this game, the wisp powers are very likely tied to the weapons. Hence in the clip we have, big red flamethrower, only has access to the explosion wisps despite several other possible pods. Easy way of trying to add replayability too.

Nesther

My thougts exactly.. i even laughed, as per usual, at this mechanic. Why would i create MORE shitty friends? I want LESS

Then i the positve saw the reaction here and i am confused? Why do "sonic fans" want to create their own shitty friend?

Because it has the potential to be hilarious.

dickroach

this is almost as dumb as treating Sonic and Classic Sonic like they're two different characters.
I don't get what Sonic Team does, but I like their games :\

Ash735

A lot of hate on here but at the same time, this is an answer to the initial complaints of not wanting Boost/Generations gameplay! Each character type has a different playing style so now there's 7 ways to play a level instead of Classic/Boost.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But honestly I am more shocked in this thread that there are a few people thinking that having "make your own characters" is "leading to the destruction of the franchise".

This is "Krystal is responsible for ruining Star Fox" levels of dumbassery.

Fou-Lu

Well, I wanted this very badly as a kid. I kind of want to see what I can make with this character creator as an adult. It might have gotten Sega a sale through me that they wouldn't have otherwise.

Blueblur1

Did you know PSO2 has devolved into loli-pandering nonsense? The last news broadcast's big tease was a bathing scene featuring the highschool-aged protagonists of the current story episode. This is who they are now.

To be fair, PSO2 is made a Phantasy Star team that's dedicated PSO. I'm pretty sure that when they tried making loli and sexy costumes for their gachas the first time (a few months after launch) it went really well so they went all in after that.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... this is my fault... a few weeks ago I was joking with a friend about Sonic Dream Collection, Sonic fandom characters and the weird part of the Sonic fanbase and now it turned reality in such a way, I should stop joking about things o.o

On a more serious note, I'm still on-board if the gameplay is enough like Generations.

Aki-at

With Switch flying off the shelves and Playstation 4/Xbox One having a decent userbase and giving the fanbase a feature they've been dying for since the 2000s, this might be the most successful Sonic game since Sonic Heroes.

VariantX

Did you know PSO2 has devolved into loli-pandering nonsense? The last news broadcast's big tease was a bathing scene featuring the highschool-aged protagonists of the current story episode. This is who they are now.

to be fair, that was pretty much PSO2 after year one. They went fucking nuts with the cross promotion shit and the female costumes. It went from something that resembled the game I loved on dreamcast to idol worshiping madness. I don't even think about playing it anymore at this point despite how solid I think the game feels to play.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cool for the people who want to use it but I really hope that I am not forced to use a build a bear knock off.

But honestly I am more shocked in this thread that there are a few people thinking that having "make your own characters" is "leading to the destruction of the franchise".

This is "Krystal is responsible for ruining Star Fox" levels of dumbassery.

I don't think adding "make your own characters" will lead to the "destruction of the franchise" but I don't buy Sonic games to play as my own not sonic knock off, I buy Sonic games to play as Sonic and hopefully his friends.

I mean the last time we were able to play as Tails in a Sonic game was in Sonic 06 which was 11 years ago, why do I have to create a Tails knock off just to play as Tails?

Why can't Sonic Team give me the option to play as Tails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom