• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yeah...I think I'm going to do a really unadult decision and stay up to 12 to buy and download the game and play it for a while...even though I have work tomorrow.
Same here

10:32 pm est and I'm fading but I'm gonna hang on

Seik

Banned
Yeah...I think I'm going to do a really unadult decision and stay up to 12 to buy and download the game and play it for a while...even though I have work tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm tempted to do that too.

It's 10:35 here and my eyes are already closing...need to wake up at 6AM. -_-

Anth0ny

Oh man I keep dying to the bosses at the end of act 2

and it sends me to the beginning of act 1

remember when games punished you for dying?

GOTY

FSLink

Banned
Haha, the boss of the second zone caught me off guard. And the theme of Studiopolis Zone is soooo good.

I'm playing on the Switch in handheld mode, loving it so far.

The home button and screenshot button are buggy in handheld mode. They DO work, but they need several presses for some reason.

It's not just handheld mode, it's in docked mode too.

sonto340

Ugh stupid switch eu eshop doesn't work with my American visa.
You can buy regions credit on cdkeys.com.
Unfortunately only in denominations that make you have to pay more than you would otherwise. At this point I’d say wait the hour and a half tho

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What's the estimated time for a full play through seem to be? I imagine like 3-4 hours?

This can actually vary greatly because of a few things, IE Knuckles has some different stages/bosses than Sonic & Tails, do you do the Blue Sphere games/Chaos Emerald stuff or skip them, what path you do, explore or speed through, do you die a lot (the game will send you back to the start of Act 1 of a zone if you lose all of your lives get a game over on the Act 2 boss, for example, and this game is fairly challenging). The game's length is similar to Sonic 3 & Knuckles... I would estimate more 4-8 hours to beat the first time as one character, not all emeralds had.

Ozone

Anyone playing now, I have a question.

When you play a Blue Sphere stage, is there any way to tell if you have a medal on it already?

bman94

Same here

10:32 pm est and I'm fading but I'm gonna hang on

Yeah, I'm tempted to do that too.

It's 10:35 here and my eyes are already closing...need to wake up at 6AM. -_-

We're in this together, you and I.

I even work earlier than my usual shift lmao

Oh hell, we might all be in the same time zone. Luckily I don't have to get up till 7:30 but still the temptation is so real.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Aaron said that the Switch version might not drop until Pacific Midnight. Which is 3AM eastern time

I was looking at his responses and he said those were eastern time. Unless he was answering someone else?

This can actually vary greatly because of a few things, IE Knuckles has some different stages/bosses than Sonic & Tails, do you do the Blue Sphere games/Chaos Emerald stuff or skip them, what path you do, explore or speed through, do you die a lot (the game will send you back to the start of Act 1 of a zone if you lose all of your lives get a game over on the Act 2 boss, for example, and this game is fairly challenging). The game's length is similar to Sonic 3 & Knuckles... I would estimate more 4-8 hours to beat the first time as one character, not all emeralds had.
Didn't know that. Very cool!

Jazzem

Left the last two zones for tomorrow (3:40am here!!), this game is so wonderful :') I love how the remixed zones toy with your expectations and
bring in elements from similar levels from other MD games
, and the new levels are so creative in their theming and design.

Have had the weird Switch home button delay on this as others, did get a weird glitch on Studiopolis Act 1 boss where I was stuck above the screen and I wish there were friend filters on the time attack leaderboards...otherwise this is everything I hoped for

sonto340

Ugh stupid switch eu eshop doesn't work with my American visa.
You can buy regions credit on cdkeys.com.
Unfortunately only in denominations that make you have to pay more than you would otherwise. At this point I’d say wait the hour and a half tho

Berordn

But why? Why not just midnight?!

PS4 seems like midnight is a given, since there's a countdown.

Switch seems like nobody knows how the eShop works, and they just ask him politely to put the game up. And he's good for it, he'll definitely do it, He's just got a lot on his plate right now with work and the divorce so it might take him a little longer than you expect.

FSLink

Banned
I experienced a sound glitch when I managed to get a 2 1ups within a short period of time and the music stopped playing in the background.

Bruh I just made it to
HYDROSITY!
TAXMAN PLS
YOU HAD 1 JOB
HYDROCITY WAS NEVER ABOUT THE UNDERWATER SEGMENTS
IT WAS ABOUT SPEEDING OVER THE WATER!

Eh at least Act 2 is better, but I gotta give them props for the Act 1 boss
Anyone else feel that the stages are kinda longer than they should be?
Then again i ain't the best speedrunner :V

Took a break for a bit might go back and continue at least to see if I can beat this game in the next hour or so XP.

There were plenty of areas without
water I felt. And the water parts were actually pretty fun this time around. I wasn't the biggest fan of the original anyway.

Top Bottom