• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Sony and Kojima = a game winner with fans

tumblr_nqq9sda2xY1u08qwio1_400.gif

Roni

Gold Member
That logo has to be a hint at Koj's next game. Feels like cyberpunk. Aw god let it be cyberpunk.

I was under the impression that was a ZOE robot head with MSF's skull inside. A clear reference to things they've made in the past.

stryke

SFV X-play w/Ps4&PC
Paragon X-play w/PS4&PC
FF14 X-play w/PS4&PC
Shenmue PS4/PC
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4/PC
Helldivers PS4/PC

Anyone notice a trend here? Lol as Y2Kev eloquently put, this is a nice strategy from Sony. Along with the stronger Indy support and rekindling the flame in Japan, (Unreal Engine putting in work) Ps4 is turning into a fantastic platform. Dragon Quest coming back to AAA console development, SE getting back on track with a huge outlook for 2016. With this news today, really seems like Ps4 has its best years ahead of it.

What hand does Sony have in the PC release of DQH?

etta

my hard graphic balls
This troll is so subtle it barely registered.

Notice my use of the word 'barely'.
How is it trolling? PC will be the definitive version (unless it's broken like BAK, but KojiPro proved they are very good at porting to PC).

On topic, this is great news! I wonder how long it will take to develop, though.

stryke

They don't have policy's/ or deals in place that would hinder the release of the game on PC. Like Microsoft has done in recent memory. ANd they also allow cross platform play.

But it's not a Sony IP or published game. It's not up to them. There's no cross platform play either.

How many months has it been since Kojima gave a real interview? Since March or so, right?

Was a little surreal to see a full MGS game come and go without him doing his usual media circus.

Frog-fu

Banned
Well this sucks. I play pretty much only on Xbox and have no intention of getting a PS4 any time soon. Oh well, good for Kojima. Also, fuck Konami.

Busty

Banned
How is it trolling? PC will be the definitive version (unless it's broken like BAK, but KojiPro proved they are very good at porting to PC).

How can you possibly say this for certain at this early juncture? With Sony financing this project where is their incentive to make the PC the 'definitive version'?

They are in the PS4 selling game, not the PC selling game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How can you possibly say this for certain at this early juncture? With Sony financing this project where is their incentive to make the PC the 'definitive version'?

Because of graphical settings, higher resolutions and framerates?

Because people like Durante exist... It's pretty hard for the PC version not to be the definitive when the community will fix any resolution/graphical issues and allow for higher framerates/graphical fidelity.

Additionally with the PC version coming out second it has a higher chance of getting additional content than not.

Nevadatan

uh.. if SCE publishes this game on PC (lets say steam,) they will get a cut of the sales on PC. and you know that is extra money you get for sales of a product on a plataform that aint yours (so you get money from two storefronts instead of one)
that alone is a plus to release a good version on PC.

On topic, this is great news! I wonder how long it will take to develop, though.

i think it's decent logic to think by that time the game is out PC will have even higher performing GPU offerings while the ps4 is static. so it's most likely PC is going to allow fps rate @ higher res, unless kojima cripples the PC version intentionally.

i think it's decent logic to think by that time the game is out PC will have even higher performing GPU offerings while the ps4 is static. so it's most likely PC is going to allow fps rate @ higher res, unless kojima cripples the PC version intentionally.

Even if it got crippled there's a good chance the community would "uncripple it"... "decripple it"...? They'd likely fix it.

Gold_Loot

Obviously because you get some more grass blades and a further shadow draw distance..

... *Tips fedora*

Top Bottom