• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Ran rp

Goodbye 2005 - 2015

Kojima-Productions.jpg

Hello 2015 -

PZUhgAF.jpg

:/

it honestly looks like something you'd see on tacky gaming or metal gear

Nice to see he's partnered with Sony now, can't imagine how comfortable he must feel in a some-what familiar environment.
I dig the new logo, looks cool and now we just have to wait for this new IP!

rezn0r

previously quoted

I did the same thing at the start of this gen, moving from primarily 360 to PS4. It's great having both systems, don't worry about the gamerscore, it's not going anywhere. It's worth being able to play both side's exclusives. Have fun!

Kind of like Kojima!

Not that I don't love that about him and his games, though

Also, I am really fond of Sony this generation for being so open and willing about PC gaming.

The irony is that PC gamers generally still hate on Sony even though Sony has helped so many remasters of games hit PS and PC in the last couple of years lol.

I can't say how many of my Steam-only friends insisted that Dark Souls 3 would not come to PC because of Bloodborne lmao.

This has been explained many times . The game could not run on PS3 with a acceptable framerate. So they had to port it to ps4 and that took a long time due to the complicated nature of the PS3 . The game was never delayed it never had a good release date established ever until now.

you realize this is a business w money and deadlines right?
there's a projected deadline internally determined by budget and return investment at a certain expected time... when it goes beyond that time... the definition is...

harping technically it was never delayed bc there was no date announced doesn't change business realities except winning a point on a post.

anyways, you win.

well, let's be happy for Kojima today.

Wow, didn't know Andrew House speaks Japanese. And he seems to be even fluid ad it!

It's so cool they decided to give us the video instead of just saying it somewhere on a website.

Schnozberry

I'm very intrigued to see how this turns out. Kojima is a genius, but one that's prone to some self indulgent nonsense on occasion, so I hope he surrounds himself with people that will help him exercise good judgement.

that logo

PZUhgAF.jpg

That logo is awesome, I want it on the back of a hoodie.

You can tell how much stress was on his shoulders during the whole Konami situation. I'm glad the guy is back on his feet and he's back to what he loves to do. Kojima deserves it with all that awesome talent.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Aside from all console war BS, I'm so excited he's got a bit of a team organized, meaning he can design the game right away.

thelastword

Banned
Not coming to Xbox? Good thing I've never enjoyed a single one of his games.
So they would only be enjoyable to you if they were on XBOX?....got it......

The irony is that PC gamers generally still hate on Sony even though Sony has helped so many remasters of games hit PS and PC in the last couple of years lol.

I can't say how many of my Steam-only friends insisted that Dark Souls 3 would not come to PC because of Bloodborne lmao.
I think it's a good thing Sony is doing this too, the majority of players and sales will be on their platform, what's the problem.....

I think most players are going to have a PS4/PC combo this generation, I'm just building a brand new rig myself after a hiatus from PC gaming. I know I will be playing SF5 on both platforms and probably this Kojima game too, but don't forget, the majority of sales and players will be on PS4. It's a win win, the title makes more money and reaches more people worldwide.

PJFJosh

Man, I see this and wonder if they had the announcement planned for PSX before Konami pulled their nonsense. Place would have gone crazy.
They did. Why do you think the keynote ended so abruptly and 15 minutes early? This was supposed to be the closer. After the Game Awards Sony didn't want to take any chances so they waited until the contract was officially up.

Top Bottom