• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

delSai

REMEMBER FOLKS:

Keep expectation realistic, possibly at a minimum going into this.

If something unexpectedly amazing is announced, it will feel that much better.

-_-

!!!

Don't get too hyped up guys. That's just going to end in disappointment.

That's all of them, then.

e3_2015.png

Saved! Thanks.

Who's starting the hype train?

Y'all ain't doing the E3 hype right.

The grid-symbol pattern in the background of this invitation has, to my knowledge, only ever been used in one place.

This one is the same, but with an extra addition.

Vita 2.

Believe.

Naa, look closer it has the '20' in it which was used on the anniversary console, so no significance here.

Ryan95

*irony mode:eek:n*
I'm ready for a huge Vita announcements binge

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

*irony mode:eek:ff*

Obviously it will never happen, plus I'll have to stand GR2 being cancelled for Vita and ported to PS4.
To sum it up: E3 week is a terrible time to be a Vita fan :(

orochi91

*irony mode:eek:n*
I'm ready for a huge Vita announcements binge

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

*irony mode:eek:ff*

Obviously it will never happen, plus I'll have to stand GR2 being cancelled for Vita and ported to PS4.
To sum it up: E3 week is a terrible time to be a Vita fan :(

You should look forward to TGS, that show is always loaded with neat Vita announcements.

libregkd

This is the year, but this year have lots of other events. I expect only 1 first party unannounce game at E3.
That's still rather low given that there were just as many events last year but E3 still gave us 5 announcements with Entwined, First Light, LBP3, Ratchet and Clank, and Bloodborne. Plus not necessarily an announcement of a new game, but there was a proper Uncharted 4 reveal as well. I'm expecting similar this year tbh, which I certainly don't think is really that crazy.

wapplew

That's still rather low given that there were just as many events last year but E3 still gave us 5 announcements with Entwined, First Light, LBP3, Ratchet and Clank, and Bloodborne. Plus not necessarily an announcement of a new game, but there was a proper Uncharted 4 reveal as well. I'm expecting similar this year tbh, which I certainly don't think is really that crazy.

I mean real first party, in house studio. GG, MM, SMM, Bend, only expect one of them will show their project at E3.

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
Just giving out a much needed warning.

I wish Sony's E3 pacing would be similar to their Gamescom presentations.

Very little filler and fluff segments.

I've tried to warn them too before, but no one will listen. We'll sit there waiting for TLG and FF7 remake all night. I've just learned to buy my ticket and get on the train.

(their pacing is truly terrible though)

Neff

Just giving out a much needed warning.

I wish Sony's E3 pacing would be similar to their Gamescom presentations.

Very little filler and fluff segments.

The last time I got excited during a Sony conference was when Jacky T told me that I could download FFVII on PSone after the show.

So I've learned to keep expectations in check since.

These Capcom exclusives, though...

thuway

The initial first half of Sony's E3 2014 was pretty awesome. Than Shawn Layden + Movie talk + some wierd Free 2 Play political drivel came around.

SOLDIER

Any word yet if they're going to play the event in movie theaters like they did last year?

Had a lot of fun watching the crowd react, would go again this year.

Philippo

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!
A TICKET FOR THE TRAIN PLEASE!

Let me get hyped, let me get my expectations to the highest possible (although this year have been much more reasonable) and let me be part of when the train crashes.

E3 is glorious in every way.

Three

That was me, and I was just "parroting" what I heard. I'm keeping a closed beak, and to be honest, I'm staying far away from anything Twitter, "insider" (and I've been on my bullhorn yelling I'm not one), or rumor related. I've had enough anxiety to last a lifetime guys and I'd much rather not be in some discussion further . Thanks :).

I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I wasn't suggesting you're an imposter or unknown or anything. I thought it was a random person impersonating you because I know you have a main twitter account, didn't know you have another.

Is it fair for me to be nervous about Sony's E3 under delivering this year?

I just get the nervous feeling that E3 for Sony won't give us what we're looking for.
I feel Sony's E3 under-delivers every year. Their Gamescom conferences have been far, far more interesting the last couple of years.

Every E3 conference should have 2 megatons. As there were no megatons last year, I expect Sony to compensate with no less than 4 MEGATONS this year. 5 if they want to get on our good graces.

I feel this could be Sony's year. It better be if they don't wanna leave a lot of hardcore gamers such as ourselves disappointed.
Bloodborn & UC 4 teaser wasn't enough?
I mean exactly what counts as a Megaton?

Salex_

Is it fair for me to be nervous about Sony's E3 under delivering this year?

I just get the nervous feeling that E3 for Sony won't give us what we're looking for.

I'm with you, keep my expectation at all time low. It will be third party show, predicting a win for MS this year.

I'm not sure why people are acting like there's going to be nothing there. In terms of what games we already know about?

Possible first/new gameplay footage that may include some dates

Uncharted 4
Gravity Rush 2
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Disgaea 5
Tearaway Unfolded
Rime
SFV
Dragon Quest Heroes
The Tomorrow Children
WiLD
Drawn Together
Ratchet & Clank
Let It Die (Hey, maybe it went through another Lily Bergamo image change)

In terms of possible new games from developers we already know about?

Level-5's new PS4 game (confirmed)
GG's WRPG (seems to be a general consensus that this will be at the event)
Bend Studio's open world horror game
Media Molecule (Wasn't there some info pointing towards a reveal at E3?)

Haven't been following gaming news for the last few months, so I might be missing or forgetting some other known possibilities. Because Sony spreads their announcements throughout the year, I think Level-5's game and Horizon or Bend Studio's new IP will be the big announcements. Then first/new gameplay footage of already announced games will fill up the rest of the time, which is good. There's too many games we know exist but we haven't seen much gameplay footage from them yet.

Artex

Banned
Remember since Sony has their PSX event now announcements will no doubt be spread across. E3 isn't the only stage anymore.

I hope I Can watch this in a movie theatre this year like I did for their conference last year, what an amazing experience that was.

I'm confident that Gran Turismo 7 would be announced at E3, but what do you guys think about the release date? I could see it being release this year, especially since I don't see Gran Turismo 7 sales being affected by the typical genres that dominates the holiday season.

GeoramA

Remember since Sony has their PSX event now announcements will no doubt be spread across. E3 isn't the only stage anymore.
I thought Sony was going to blow the door off some of their AAA games at PSX, but they didn't. SFV was the only big exclusive they revealed and it's not even first-party.

Japan Studio, Polyphony, GG, GG Cambridge, Media Molecule, Bend, SSM...they need blow the lids off some of these.

wapplew

I'm condiment that Gran Turismo 7 would be announced at E3, but what do you guys think about the release date? I could see it being release this year, especially since I don't see Gran Turismo 7 sales being affected by the typical genres that dominates the holiday season.

GT7 prologue could make it this year, or GT6 remaster.

I can't remember the last time I haven't been disappointed with a Sony E3 conference.

I didn't even have any expectations last year and I was still disappointed lol. Didn't Sony rent out movie theaters around the country so people could watch? Lol, what a dud.

I wasn't gonna watch it live, but I just may since it's in the evening. Hopefully it's not another boring show this year.

GT7 prologue could make it this year, or GT6 remaster.

GT7 Prologue makes sense, but I don't see Sony wasting their time with a GT6 remaster. I know GT6 sales were affected by PS4 launch, but I see Sony cutting loses with that game and going forward with GT7/GT7 Prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom