• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony FY2015 Q1 (PS4: 3.0m shipped) PS4 total = 25.3m shipped worldwide

Rymuth

No. We want to avoid demotion.
Bruh, embrace your feelings~

XriTYky.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
People should not get hyped for PGW IMO. Sony backed out of games com b/c it was too lavish a production and they are maximizing profitability. And they're basically running up the score in Europe and Microsoft is like sucking wind. So Microsoft will talk more about tomb raider b/c they think europeans are going to buy their machine and they will spend money on marketing or whatever and Sony will show up at PGW with an old trailer for Uncharted 4 and some indies. I'm mostly serious.

There are lots of titles we didn't see at E3 that I'd like to hear more about. Tearaway, Witness, Rime. Possibly Gravity Rush and Everybody's golf but they are more likely TGS.

Plenty of smaller titles that didn't get the spotlight but I want as much as - or possibly more than - the big classic AAA games.

Elandyll

Banned
There is no need to drop the price of the Sony GODstation 4. They simply need to bundle it with a copy of GAME OF THE YEAR: THE ORDER 1886 and RAISE the price. Sales will explode. The LIGHT OF ANNIHILATION will shine on all and cleanse them of unholy predilections including FAVORABILITY TO BORDERLANDS and DIARRHEA.
Ye of little faith, the Anti-Verendus is born! Praise the almighy for his LED light be brought upon ye gaming masses! Repent, siners of doubt in sales age and DLC promos, for the bringer of Order 1886 is upon us!

;)

Who care what is game? Did you have fun? Did you have a pleasure?

~ David Cage

I want to play a game, that isn't a game. I want to have fun, that isn't fun. I want an experience, that isn't an experience. I want transcendence. I want nirvana

I see Gopher is being doubted/questioned. lol......Ok.

Some wanted to see literal hats. They have to see the transaction history behind ff7r, Shenmue, etc

I want hookers and blow

We have that. The 1st church of PS4 and Knack has all the fun

And Blackjack.

Just remember, House rules!!!!

Elandyll

Banned
Ok, due to Gopher's input I am revising my bet to $50 or $100 by the end of CY instead of guaranteed $100.
I just can't see them going through yet another Holiday season at $399, when so many 1 console households will make a decision pretty much just on price, and that loss per console being offset by games and services.
But we'll see, maybe I'll be sporting a new avatar in November... :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ok, due to Gopher's input I am revising my bet to $50 or $100 by the end of CY instead of guaranteed $100.
I just can't see them going through yet another Holiday season at $399, when so many 1 console households will make a decision pretty much just on price, and that loss per console being offset by games and services.

Sorry you cannot change the terms of a debate

you are now registered in the book of betters

joecanada

My point is that those so called industry insiders are volunteering to spill information on their own. No one is forcing them to do so. But being extremely vague about the so called inside information benefits no one because it's non information and only fits to elevator their interest fame. Vague gibberish information is useless.

Wrong lots of vague info gets deciphered here. If you don't want to read the posts then don't without this type of data we don't even have npd threads

Sorry you cannot change the terms of a debate

you are now registered in the book of betters

*Bettors.
Please don't ban me :(

On topic, I'm more inclined to think there will be a $50 initial price. There might be a $100 price drop later, but I don't think we're going directly to that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Hey there, I just went from searing hot to sizzling... And that's only due to Gopher's bucket of cold water!

Edit: well, $100 it is then. Bring it on!
You should do it like the pros.

In one thread you say $100.
In another you say $50.
In another you say next year with Uncharted.

And then whatever happens you quote your post where you guessed right. And then you hope that nobody else gives enough of a shit to remember that you different things at different times.

yazanov

Banned
Wrong lots of vague info gets deciphered here. If you don't want to read the posts then don't without this type of data we don't even have npd threads

You're mistaking vague information for actual leaks. NPD leaks are fine.

example of non information:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162022549&postcount=2050

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161623831&postcount=63

CBOAT and Verendus are perfect examples of leaking actual meaningful information while being a bit vague. The above example is what I have issues with.

On Demand

Banned

What rules the holidays-

Price
Parents
Impulse buyers

Maybe Sony's not expecting MS to go crazy again this year (can they even again?). A $50 cut with bundles of the 2 biggest games in November could be enough. On top of other deals they will of course be doing.

This is why we can't have a nice thing.

That kind of post is what caused Aqua to leave at one time.

It's like people want info to be specifically written down in detail for them. That's not the way it works.

Javin98

Banned
You should do it like the pros.

In one thread you say $100.
In another you say $50.
In another you say next year with Uncharted.

And then whatever happens you quote your post where you guessed right. And then you hope that nobody else gives enough of a shit to remember that you different things at different times.
Good luck trying to hide the truth. Whatever you do, Detective GAF always knows. :p

jayu26

My fellow $100 bet brethrens (all two of you) don't lose hope, we shall prevail.

We are so gonna lose this bet.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
ZhugeEX said:
You heard of the PS2? And PS1?
Well if we were to argue semantics - I think PS2 first price drop would have been 39900Y -> 29900 (or 299$ for US launch, if that counts), which was slightly less than 100$ back then.
</anal retentive>

Blanquito

If only insiders were normal people, and liked participating in normal conversations, and don't want to have 100% of their posts to be insider information.

If only some insiders hope to keep the magic of the surprise alive and don't want to say "FFVIIR coming, Shenmue coming, TLG coming!" and instead just gave hints that it would be good and worth watching.

If only insiders didn't get crap from people when they aren't specific enough for their selfish desires, and decide to stop leaking any information at all and also decide to stop engaging the community.

[Edit] And if only insiders that have leaked very specific information got in major trouble in their real lives and were forced to be perma-banned by their employers or be fired. [/Edit]

If only.

Doesn't that dlc bundle release the same day as the Forza bundle? I can feel the heat and future alt account bans already if dlc beats a full exclusive.

One game is FPS. Another is a racing sim.

Not saying PS4 will win Sep, but the market for one genre is larger than the other in the market that's being tracked. So it diminishes the other's potential.

The Gopher post ignores the fact that the quote was about scaling down television and smartphone production, and had nothing to do with the Playstation business.

You mean that quote about smartphones and televisions that was not related to Playstation at all?

Before your input, here's Gopher clarifying his statement.

It applies to TV, mobile and any low margin product within. The company would rather improve profitability at the expense of volume. PS is not immune to that thinking.

I don't think anyone outside would doubt there's a price cut due. I would just temper expectations somewhat.

Maybe you missed this?

Man the price cut announcement cant come soon enough.

Gaf obsession with worshiping false idols is rather amusing..

Say what you mean or don't say it at all.

If you're talking about people taking Gopher's insight into consideration, it seems most have reeled back their $100 price drop prediction to $50. Still a price cut, just a more conservative one.

If that's not what you're speaking of, then please elaborate because that crap post of yours adds nothing to the discussion.

yazanov

Banned
Say what you mean or don't say it at all.

If you're talking about people taking Gopher's insight into consideration, it seems most have reeled back their $100 price drop prediction to $50. Still a price cut, just a more conservative one.

If that's not what you're speaking of, then please elaborate because that crap post of yours adds nothing to the discussion.

I'm taking a page out of those so called "insiders" notebook. Enjoy my vagueness and try to decipher my post lolz.

Top Bottom