• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Looked great but everything was scripted and button presses. So yeah it sucked.

Kyle8497

The game looked great despite not really showing too much gameplay other than combat and QTE. However, my favorite part of it was Yuri Lowenthal talking to Yuri.

From the first reveal, the best thing this new game has had has been Spidey's animations. They are on point. ON POINT. Seriously amazing (no pun intended) stuff.

The game looked great despite not really showing too much gameplay other than combat and QTE. However, my favorite part of it was Yuri Lowenthal talking to Yuri.
Ha, someone else had this thought.

Trup1aya

Is the game actually open world? Or are you progressing on a linear path with a deceptively open-looking backdrop?

Either way, the visuals are amazing to say the least.

Puruzi

Banned
Who the hell cares if there were QTEs? It's not like you could do the QTE stuff with gameplay so it'd just be a long cutscene without it. Same shit.

This is all I really wanted to see from Sony's conference, it's sucks that we only got a vague 2018 window which probably means it's still a ways out, even so the game looks amazing, I just hope the swinging isn't too "floaty" come release.

Blackage

Arkham Spider-man basically, I'm cool with that.

Lotta QTEs but I don't hate them like alot of this board apparently does.

Icolin

Banned
Wish we could've seen some non Spider-Man stuff (like going to school or whatever), but what was shown was fucking incredible. The best moment of a very good conference.

jackdoe

The QTE's were kind of to be expected considering that this was a setpiece. If the moment to moment gameplay is also this QTE heavy, then we have a problem. Otherwise, I'm pretty damn excited for the game.

thefro

Looks really nice, but not sold on the gameplay being better than an Infamous or Sunset Overdrive.

Lots of QTE too.

Certinty

I'm fine with the QTEs, I doubt they will be around often and if they are surely only in set pieces and stuff which can't be too common, right?

Rest of the game looks utterly amazing.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Underwhelmed.

The city looks nice, but the combat seems fairly clunky.

Not digging the voice actor for Kingpin either, but obviously that's the nittiest of nitpicks.

Print_Dog

Lots of QTEs but it's a story mission so it's OK. Gameplay looked solid. Lots of variety. Though I noticed jank when turning corners during the helicopter chance sequence.

And Miles Morales.

I'm so sad right now. Easily my most anticipated Sony game and it felt so...by the numbers. Swinging around the city looks fun though. I hope the game is a lot more than that. Looking forward to seeing more footage

Dunno what the QTE hate is all about. It is an open world game where probably 50% of the content is the story missions. Don't really care if there a QTEs in the cinematic scenes. I like my cinematic stuff, especially in Open world games that often fail at this stuff.

Is this what gets people excited? Games heavily scripted to make it look like you're in a movie despite you not doing anything? Hell, we could have an actual sandbox game with real web swinging mechanics and a physics engine that allows you to pull random things down at will. Instead...this

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Still excited for this game even if this really seems like a bunch of set pieces im just plaing through....but hopefully thats just for the specific mission.

I am happy that Mr Negative is the villain.

I wonder, if ND made some of these sections, would they be QTE or would you be in total control? It seems difficult to do with a game like Spiderman, so Im fine with QTE because most of the other stuff looked interactive.

leroidys

That looked AMAZING. I said WOW so many times.

... But it was also SO scripted and QTE, it was 90% Interactive movie.

Hopefully it was just that one "mission" and more of the game is not entirely like that.

Pretty much my reaction. If the bullet-time stuff is totally at will, this game will be completely boring.

In terms of visuals/animation/spectacle, looked fantastic though.

Top Bottom