• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

gimmmick

Game of the show. The animation is so smooth, the gameplay is shaping up to be everything we want out of a spiderman game. This will probably be the best comic book video game to ever release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Day 1 unless something goes terribly wrong, looks amazing.

Lifeline

QTE complaints seem...exaggerated. The way i saw it they were only used during the set piece moments, like literally every other game. The actual gameplay was fine.

That's what has to happen in set pieces. Obviously it's a scripted section of the game. Games can have variety.

I know I'm sort of an anomaly, but I hate everything about them. They completely ruin a game's flow. I detest instafail QTEs that make me have to restart a sequence like that because it completely destroys the tension, and god forbid you mess a sequence up a couple of times, because it goes from tension to annoyance.

Granted, these might not be instafail, but still. Showing that sequence alone is enough to make me wary of the game. They add nothing to a game. I would rather set the controller down and watch the cutscene than watch for button prompts.

Unbelievable...

Really fluid, great mechanics for movement/combat, excellent animations, fantastic combos.

I am not really sure how this hardware produces these kind of graphics...

God of War and Spider-Man, next year is already amazing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Running on the buildings looked pretty dumb and was overused.

I prefer SM2 how he'd glance off them when swinging close at speed.

Waited a year to see swinging and they showed 90% boring zipline batman shit... 30 seconds of just-okay swinging. Idk. There were some cool aspects but that demo was a letdown tbh.

lol, those reactions here. The alternative to QTEs in that sequence would be no input at all. This was the only way for a little bit of interaction.

The rest of the gameplay looked great.

Pizza

Damn Dan Slott must be digging this. REEEEALLY good use of newer Spider-Man stories and holy fuck it looked good. It seemed like a great mix of what everyone would want in a Spider-Man game at this point

QTE's fit Spider-Man great. He does lots of crazy shit that wouldn't translate to raw gameplay well! Also catching people as they fall off a building or lifting someone up like the ps1 game and wrapping them up nicely

ALSO MOMENTUM BASED SWINGING which is what everyone has wanted since the old ps2 movie games. The person playing it made the chopper chase look easy, but nah I'm gonna be sweating for most that mission

Characterization was on point too! I loved all the dialogue and Mr Negative going full negative-colored at the end was insane

Goddamn why is it 2018 tho

Salz01

This was epic. Can't believe how hyped I am about it now. It looks like they nailed a Spider-Man finally.

amdb00mer

I loved the look of Spidey, but the gameplay was too similar to the Beenox games. Plus, all those QTE. Spidey had more QTE than GoW did. Still going to get it though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Looked like arkham with loads of QTE. Though visually stunning, im quite dissapointd

phanphare

Banned
I was with it early when it was fighting and stringing together combos using your spider sense

then as they kept showing more I started to get less and less interested. kingpin's design is serviceable but ehh and mr. negative looks bad. like, they took one of the coolest new enemies in spider man's arsenal and made him look bad. and then the qte's.

still interested but man they really killed my hype with this showing, especially in terms of just getting the world

CaptainKashup

Neo Member
Do you guys ever played any Spidey game ?
There's at least 6 parts full of QTE in them, it's part of the charm.

Don't think that there's going to be that much QTEs in the game, that was just a story mission, that's all.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
That cinematography was fucking amazing.

But honestly the game appeared to be mainly QTEs

I need to see more, could just be how they do cinematic moments

So many QTEs.

Looks pretty though, and seems to have crazy production values.

Structurally looks like a batman game. Is this fully open world? If so, I wonder how thats put to use.

Exactly, do you want a cut scene or QTEs?
Well if there's really a choice, neither.

lol, those reactions here. The alternative to QTEs in that sequence would be no input at all. This was the only way for a little bit of interaction.

The rest of the gameplay looked great.

It's sad how people think the only way to see "cool" things in games is QTEs or just watching a cutscene. What about those scripted moments couldn't have been done through pure gameplay? Give Spiderman the ability to crawl on anything and have physics based swinging, and that alone allows a ton of the cool stuff when players are creative (look at Just Cause, BOTW for crazy physics based acrobatics)

Top Bottom