• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man E3 2017 Gameplay - PS4 - 2018

It looked great but I couldn't help but laugh at the absurd amount of collateral damage. Spidey is giving Man of Steel's Superman a run for his money.

The combat is very Arkham-esque, which is fine by me because ever since playing Asylum all I've wanted was a Spider-Man game with that style of combat.

The web swinging looks perfect.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I THINK that was some proper web slinging? Looked like he was physically swinging from buildings and shit. Which is really all I need. Well, not all, but it's a must. Combat looked cool too.

the primary audience for this game is going to be the younger crowd and they gona love the qte stuff. i think they will be reserved for the big moments, the other stuff looked solid. traversal looked amazing

jeffram

A few short QTE sequences in a 10 minute mission don't bother me too much.

The webslining seemed really fluid and quite intense in pace.

Respect

Game did look like a lot of fun, it did come across QTE heavy, but that honestly doesn't bother me as much as it appears to bother many others.

The combat is very Arkham-esque, which is fine by me because ever since playing Asylum all I've wanted was a Spider-Man game with that style of combat.

It definitely did, and I'm all for it.

bede-x

The right amount of QTE in a game should be zero, but this is Insomniac so I'm still excited about this. Hope the full game isn't too scripted.

Here's the thing:

Remember God of War 3, and its QTE's during boss fights?

Could this be the same thing? This sequence was a boss fight?

It's sad how people think the only way to see "cool" things in games is QTEs or just watching a cutscene. What about those scripted moments couldn't have been done through pure gameplay? Give Spiderman the ability to crawl on anything and have physics based swinging, and that alone allows a ton of the cool stuff when players are creative (look at Just Cause, BOTW for crazy physics based acrobatics)

Oh for fucks sake, please leave me alone with BOTW. Does BOTW has a scene that has even nearly that much action as what was showed for Spider-Man? Of course not

If not for QTE this scene would just not been possible or just a cutscene.

I get being disappointed with QTE's but really doing crazy set pieces like that without like giving Spiderman slow time and stop time abilities so us normal humans could pinpoint accurately aim the web stuff (I'm not a big superhero guy) I don't see how they do it otherwise. As long as it flows from traversal to qte and back smoothly it looks pretty good to me.

Puruzi

Banned
Here's the thing:

Remember God of War 3, and its QTE's during boss fights?

Could this be the same thing? This sequence was a boss fight?

It was a setpiece, it wasn't gameplay.

There were like no QTEs in the actual gameplay so i don't understand the complaints

Kyne

Who was the guy with the phone at the end of the video ?

Miles Morales.

4638925-milesmorales.0.jpeg

Luke_Wal

WHAT @ people saying the combat looks bad. Looks fluid and acrobatic as fuck. Plus the graphics are insane.

Honestly the conference was pretty underwhelming but this was fucking brilliant.

I need this game.

While I'll agree that the prowling stuff and the takedown animations look incredibly fluid, it seemed like the hand to hand "square square square" combat lacked animation transitions. Looked very start-stoppy.

That being said, holy CRAP does this game look good. My jaw was on the floor. Can't believe how fun this looks.

HeelPower

I think its kind of strange how transparent the QTEs are.

In a post Naughty Dog,Arkham games world(and others), this kind of thing seems outdated.People are used to then being more seamless.

The game looks mindblowing visually though.

This looked absolutely amazing, the Spider-Man game I've always dreamed of. Quite disappointed in 2018 though, would have been amazing to see Fall 2017 pop up on screen, it's not even early 2018 like God of War, so I would assume Spring would be the earliest we would get this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just kind of hope that they picked a very specific part of the presentation that was really scripted to have a bunch of QTEs.

yansolo

looks like they took a few notes from Arkham series regarding the stealth and combat sections, too many qte's though I hope they tone those down.

hoping they don't fuck this up

Sojgat

Arkham style stealth and combat looks boring, but I fucking loved that heavily scripted web-swinging sequence.

Game sure does look pretty.

UberLevi

I thought this shit looked great. Spider-Man getting it's own Arkham City treatment. Weird that gamers are so upset over a video game asking them to press a button to perform an action, though.

jph139

It's not gameplay though. It's a setpiece, it would LITERALLY just be a cutscene if there weren't QTEs

It doesn't matter at all

Why not just... not include it? Like, don't bother with the whole crane collapse BS, just get immediately to the webslinging helicopter chase.

Maybe people are really fucking hyped to watch a short movie where Spider-Man webs up stuff, but that's not why I'm putting my money down. I'm buying a Spider-Man game it's to do Spider-Man shit, not occasionally press a button while the game does Spider-Man shit for me.

Oh for fucks sake, please leave me alone with BOTW. Does BOTW has a scene that has even nearly that much action as what was showed for Spider-Man? Of course not

If not for QTE this scene would just not been possible or just a cutscene.

I like how you conveniently ignore that I mentioned Just Cause as well

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Looks like Batman with an alternate outfit. Not that it won't be a good game, just looks extremely similar.

ehh, not really. Sure the combat system is inspired by it, but a lot of those takedowns were unique to Spider-Man's abilities. I think it had a different enough look to it anyway

Top Bottom