• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man what was Sony thinking, not showing anything against those two Titanfall commercials and ten seconds of Quantum Break gameplay.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
"You've left me miserable, miserable, miserable!" pretty much sums up the VGX.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Destiny looks awesome, inviting, fun, layered, full of colour. You can explore an entire solar system it seems, you have single player and massively cooperative online multiplayer. Titanfall looks grey and has giant robots. Yay. I can't see the interest in the latter, I'm sorry everyone that does.

Crayolan

The entire show
trainwreck.gif

I kinda feel bad for Geoff Keighley, it seems like he is very passionate about video games, and is only trying to put on a good award show for gamers. However he should have learned from now that gamers are one of the most jaded demographics. He has a better chance of winning the lotto than pleasing them.

I might agree if it weren't for that whole doritos/mt dew incident.

I kinda feel bad for Geoff Keighley, it seems like he is very passionate about video games, and is only trying to put on a good award show for gamers. However he should have learn from now that gamers are one of the most jaded demographics. He have a better chance at winning the lotto than pleasing them.

I disagree.
99% of GAF could cobble together a list that would please most viewers, and also be relatively feasible (not games like Shenmue 3 etc)
Gamers aren't all jaded, they just don't care for shit like this, being treated like morons.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This thing set gaming back. If you care about this medium, at all in any small way, shape or form, you should be disappointed by this...thing.

jamztio

Neo Member
*Sorry GAF, rant incoming.

Disappointing show is .....disappointing. Can't believe I woke up at 6am on a Sunday just for this show. The only thing they showed that gave me "goddamn" moment is the Witcher 3. Broken Age also looked great though, might get it.
Everything else was just so so. Lara's new face was odd. Thief, I believe most already knew much about it. Two of the big game reveals are from Telltale? C'mon... Don't get me wrong, I love them and can't wait for their GoT but two games are just overkill to me.
And the BIG awesome thing that Geoff hyped to no end from Titanfall was just a new Mech??? (yeah, I'm looking at you too Kojima).
Anyway, fortunately Joel saves the day and seeing ND crews cheering was just awesome, although no updates from them.

*end rant.

EDIT: another new Mech? Really?? *facepalm

Man that rock song was so bad. Like can't spell crock without rock, that's not even rock that's like emo music. That's the kind of music you listen to if you want to pretend your cool while you sip your latte at Starbucks with your $80 jeans you bought at Wet Seal. Stupid rock and people with their rock trucks, with deer antlers on the front. I'd rather listen to a cow in labor.

Really should have gotten a good rock artist like Lenny Kravitz, first rock artist in years to actually have something to say.

Chobel

It doesn't feel genuine. It feels like dastardly PR wheels are turning and trying to manufacture fan hype.

While Titanfall really deserve all the hype, I agree with in this one, Geoff really looks like he's faking all that hype for Titanfall.

Daouzin

"Co-hosted by Geoff Keighley"

No wonder Geoff was so pissed throughout the whole show. I would be too.

I don't see why, his 'stage presence' just doesn't work for this kind of show. He needs to just hire people to do the show for him and just be the guy that makes it happen. He clearly can't handle making it happen and doing it well.

If it weren't for Joel, I would have tuned out after the first 5 minutes.

Was that the 360 version of Titanfall they were showing or something? Looked muddy as hell. And holy shit at those greys and browns. Respawn, invest in a color palette. That looked horrible.

Pez

Embarrassing shows like this are the reason NeoGaf exists.

You know every developer who gives a damn is here reading this thread and heckling.

TaroYamada

If they want to do music that's fine but I'd really prefer something a bit more classy, like doing something with video games live, or having an orchestra play nice, original, compositions for games. Since the show is supposed to be about games.

Or, SST Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom