• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 introduces Pearl and Marina, Icecream vs. Icrecream Splatfest

Pandy

500328-pearly.jpg

?

Best answer so far.

Synth

Guys, don't you see? Pearl is actually the best.
For years the inklings have discriminated against the octolings and pushed them out of their society. Pearl however, has befriended one and given her equal exposure in her music group. She knows how awesome Marina is and has subsequently adopted a less appealing, more annoying persona to make her more talented bestie stand out and be accepted. I mean, just look at the music video: Marina is a DJ and singer while Pearl just stands in the front and spouts nonsense. She knows exactly what she is doing. Pearl is fighting for equality for her friend in a world that never accepted her and winning. She is the real MVP.

Alternate backstory:

Nobody else would work with Pearl.

PSqueak

Banned
Why is every female character a "waifu"?

i mean, i get what you're saying, but come on, off the hook and the squid sisters have to be the most blatant waifu bait characters ever devised for electronic video entertainment.

Also, come on people, don't call Peal's design trash just because Marina's is superior in every way.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This dude just ask why dark skinned people exist and why anyone would like them? And act like 2 dark skinned characters out of 100 light ones is an "obsession"?
I think he wrote his post badly, I think he meant to imply that he was excited for it but is surprised how this is suddenly happening, he retweeted a post saying he sweating from all the dark skinned waifus

Waji

I have a problem.

I love cake but, you know...
The real choice isn't cake or ice cream but cake or Marina : ( .

What makes Marina's design work so well is that her provocative outfit is contrasted by her shy demeanor.
Also she's totally DJ Octavio's daughter.

WonderzL

Banned
i mean, i get what you're saying, but come on, off the hook and the squid sisters have to be the most blatant waifu bait characters ever devised for electronic video entertainment.

Also, come on people, don't call Peal's design trash just because Marina's is superior in every way.
That's a very straight point of view. Pop girls are waifus now? Why is Ribbon Girl a Waifu but Spring Man is not?

-shadow-

Nope, that just because the gif is missing frames. I don't know how to make an appropriate gif, but watch this at 0.25x speed.

The physics are pretty solid.

Edit: Beaten

Wasn't being too serious, but that's actually really good!

Weston

I kind of like Pearl's attitude and weird appearance. He face reminds me of Chucky. I'm alright with having an unattractive squid girl. It makes her charming to me.

Marina's design is certainly more pleasing. If you're looking for one to pretend marry then, I guess, she's the obvious choice.

Not

Banned
Thats what I'm saying! Imagine if she got in Smash. That shit would be lit!

Pearl isnt bad either, its just Marina is so much better

Marina hasn't been revealed for 3 hours and I already want her #1 in Smash Bros

Too bad we're just getting Inkling Girl with a boy alt :/

Neoxon

It's kinda like the Twintelle situation, we all know that Spring Man's gonna be the one who gets in.

I kinda get why they had to make Marina so much more adorable vs Pearl since she is the first Octoling fully out in the open besides
Callie Faud

in a way they did fail to balance Pearl out a bit more, she is very boyish which I guess some people will like, SquidShady Stans that is

13ruce

Banned

It will probably be inkling boy and girl and their alts are different hair and clothing styles.

Neoxon

It will probably be inkling boy and girl and their alts are different hair and clothing styles.
Not is probably right. It'll likely be Inkling Girl as the default & Inkling Boy as the alt. If they'll go with Splatoon 2 or 1 as the default is the real question.

Ex-Psych

Ok now that time has passed, I was bit too harsh on Pearl's design. after seeing it more, its alright and I can dig it.

But man just don't put her beside Marina. The outclass is too strong.

Top Bottom