• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estoc

If the % was wider apart between the two teams, the more popular side would have been more likely to run into people on the same side... So I guess by being on the more popular side, you're more likely to lose...?

What really matter is the average skill level of players on each side, it's more important to win every game you run into than to worry about whether your side has more people, which would only land you 1 win in the 3 categories.

If I recall, while the vote count leaned towards mayo in Japan, something like 56% vs 44%, the difference between the battle results in solo and team were 51% vs 49%.

At the end, even on the losing side(I'm forever team Ketchup), I still got my seashells, so I'm happy and looking forward to the next Splatfes.

DrArchon

Worst feeling in Salmon Run: Spending a Sting Ray to kill two Flyfish only to die to a third one that you didn't see.

It's like getting a letter from Nintendo that just says "Fuck you" on it.

13ruce

Banned
My approach to Salmon Run:

- Ignore the objective
- Stay calm
- Woomy

16d.gif

WOOMY!!!!

Ottaro

So what's the most efficient way to get ability chunks in this game? I've played 65 hours and feel like I barely have any.

13ruce

Banned
lol, seriously, I just spam "Booyah" half the time while spinning around the camera to admire my Inkling's adorable woomy face

2017073102291300-cba80mobb.jpg

And yet somehow...

...we win more when I'm not contributing...

But what does THAT mean?

I spam "Booyah" alot too but mostly after a round is done or just for giggles. And when we win i squidbag and try to spam "Booyah, Woomy Swiggie, Thank You etc" at the same time.

Maybe those lil "Woomy's" encourage your team and they will play at their best cuz of those.

Kinda like a cheer up.
But it indeed looks adorable too maybe that's why your team performs better, they can't let let your inkling down after all those "booyahs".

random25

So what's the most efficient way to get ability chunks in this game? I've played 65 hours and feel like I barely have any.

Salmon Run is currently the best way to earn chunks.

Splatfest Tee scrubbing is a thing since it only costs 2000 per scrub. But of course that's only during the Splatfest week.

Jims

Why did everything spawn in the lower right beach on Marooner Bay. Why. Why would you do that.

Also some guy just jumped down to the bottom at the very beginning of the Glowflies Rush. The rest of us were begging him to climb his way back up to the basket.

wedca

Having the roller on a glowfly round is gaming bliss.

Having the roller on a mothership round was, eh, much less blissful, haha.

Fireblend

Banned
I would more likely be letting the team down than helping if I was to use stingray.

The other specials though, yeah, I should be using them more, I'm sorry. :(
The stingray destroys flyfish, FYI. It's insanely useful when there's 2 or more around.

Aim, shoot and destroy, stop shooting to adjust aim, repeat.

Estoc

The stingray destroys flyfish, FYI. It's insanely useful when there's 2 or more around.

Aim at the body? Or do I have to shoot each trash can down to bring it down?

That's good to know, especially on that high tide map where flyfish can spawn on the far side of the grating, but I'm still horrible at aiming with stingray...

Fireblend

Banned
Aim at the body? Or do I have to shoot each trash can down to bring it down?

That's good to know, especially on that high tide map where flyfish can spawn on the far side of the grating, but I'm still horrible at aiming with stingray...
The body, right in the middle.

Ottaro

Salmon Run is currently the best way to earn chunks.

Splatfest Tee scrubbing is a thing since it only costs 2000 per scrub. But of course that's only during the Splatfest week.

Thanks. I've been doing salmon run, but that splatfest tee thing sounds good. I'll remember for next time.

random25

Object shredder seems to work against ink armor. Dunno if placebo, but I removed it in one hit using Splash-o-matic (takes like a few more hits before it goes away). Seems pretty useful against bucket folks.

Jims

Salmon Run comp is pretty legit. Kinda wish the Jet Squelcher was a charger (the Pro does its job better), but still solid. Love playing the Aerospray during Glowflies Rush. So good.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Quick question: If I order some gear online, do I need to receive it and thus pay for it in the availability window, or can I get it at any later time?

Quick question: If I order some gear online, do I need to receive it and thus pay for it in the availability window, or can I get it at any later time?

From the app? You can get it anytime. I had an order from last week that I never picked up since my store had the same item, and I didn't order anything else since then.

Edit: Got home from work and eating my dinner before playing Salmon Run, noticed that I was eating...salmon.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
From the app? You can get it anytime. I had an order from last week that I never picked up since my store had the same item, and I didn't order anything else since then.
Whew. Thanks!

J@hranimo

Banned
Object shredder seems to work against ink armor. Dunno if placebo, but I removed it in one hit using Splash-o-matic (takes like a few more hits before it goes away). Seems pretty useful against bucket folks.

Can confirm as a Splash-o-matic player right now. Object shredder is so good on it as a weapon with high fire rate, but 4HKO ability. Highly recommended!

_Clash_

So, salmon run is awesome

Love the need for speed.

Hate the boss with the bomb on his head that is out of range for most rapid fire guns

Skipped a rank in splat zones so at B- in SZ and Towers now.

random25

It does here's a nice video I saw last night. His channel seems to be doing tests in all abilities. https://youtu.be/KLYUTHvPW8Q

Can confirm as a Splash-o-matic player right now. Object shredder is so good on it as a weapon with high fire rate, but 4HKO ability. Highly recommended!

Nice. Seems that I've been skipping on this power for quite a while. Time to change that and include that in my build.

tsundoku

i really dont think that 200% paygrade is that high but im currently being held down by my irl friends who only know how to use a weapon type or two and arent putting a lot of effort into learning new weapons when salmon run forces them to.

im completely fucking baffled by what happens when i queue up for random. sometimes i'll get a team of three solid players and slowly build up my paygrade. and sometimes ill get three players who look like theyve absolutely never played before and theyll wipe it on wave 1.

is every other player "carrying" three of their friends to high paygrade cause a horrible population imbalance or is it an issue where you dont lose enough individual paygrade for poor performance in a matchup? it seems like you can only go up or maintain ranks and maybe lose 5% but gain it back trivially. I know it sucks to have to choose a metric like golden eggs regular eggs or saves to determine it by. but it feels like even if someone wins they should be able to lose paygrade if they contributed absolutely nothing and paygrade should absolutely not maintain for all four players if the round ended in a loss

i really dont think that 200% paygrade is that high but im currently being held down by my irl friends who only know how to use a weapon type or two and arent putting a lot of effort into learning new weapons when salmon run forces them to.

200% paygrade is what's considered the borderline hard difficulty, and it goes up to 435%.

Who even exists at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom