• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

The ๖ۜBronx;245750486 said:
Three flyfish at once and the rest of the team decides it's better to continue focusing every other thing on the map. That's a wrap!

I can see how this Salmon Run should be better with the weapons available but for some reason I'm really not feeling it.

When there's 3 Fly Fish on the map whoever has the Sting Ray needs to use it or forever be shamed.

TheJoRu

Been having a damn fine day today, 19-4 in the games I've played. Especially with double cash activated I've been banking some good money (5000 per ranked game I've won). The Crusty Sean tickets is exactly the kind of new addition that I wanted from this game to make it feel even more rewarding.

Crappy players use Aero because the internet tells them it's the best weapon. Of course, crappy players are too busy painting corners or dying in enemy territory to use Aero to cover turf.

Wait until they find out Trislosher is actually the best weapon. So help me god.

If you think the Tri is bad now, wait and see if rumours are true with the new tri loadout!

Ridley327

The Flingza Roller is absurdly good in Salmon Run, simply because it can mop up smaller mobs without bouncing. Easily the most powerful "tip of the spear" weapon they've offered in it thus far. The vertical slice also covers a ton of ground, provided that you nail the timing safely.

DrArchon

If you think the Tri is bad now, wait and see if rumours are true with the new tri loadout!

I don't see how any alternate Tri-Slosher loadout can be better than the one it has now. Burst Bombs let you kill even faster and Ink Armor is the best utility special in the game and lets you win any encounter guaranteed if you pop it ahead of time.

Branduil

Man if you're going to man the turrets in Salmon Run, you better know how to use them to kill Fly Fish and Steelheads. Fucking morons.

My sister in law has been playing a lot of Splatoon 2 on my Switch the last couple weeks. She's one of those godawful chargers everyone is complaining about.

Refuses to give up the weapon and complains about her teammates nonstop, but almost always ranks in the bottom 2 for both points and splats.

She likes to go around inking corners from close range and is afraid of taking up high positions because she feels vulnerable.

I don't see how any alternate Tri-Slosher loadout can be better than the one it has now. Burst Bombs let you kill even faster and Ink Armor is the best utility special in the game and lets you win any encounter guaranteed if you pop it ahead of time.

I dunno, i cringe over the fact of how potentially annoying...
An auto-launcher that fires out seeker autobombs
can be.

-shadow-

Nintendo has to do something about the games netcode. I just died mid squid jump from a splattershot. Mid squid jump. How is that even possible!?

Jintor

i hate autobombs. hatehatehatehatehate.

thankfully their radius is pretty small, but i wish you could just pop the fucking things.

ThatMattZ

Crappy players use Aero because the internet tells them it's the best weapon. Of course, crappy players are too busy painting corners or dying in enemy territory to use Aero to cover turf.

Wait until they find out Trislosher is actually the best weapon. So help me god.

Aero is deadly in the right hands though. I consistently get over 1000p in turf war. A skilled Aero spray player can completely turn the tides in the last 20 seconds of a match, especially using the curling bomb special just as time is running out.

Branduil

Grillers are basically impossible if you make a single mistake. They're so much harder than other waves it's ridiculous. Maybe if they got rid of those fucking tiny fuckers killing you while you're looking up.

When 3 peeps man a turret and you need to fetch the eggs urself....
Good times...

We had two people so that was fine, but our turret people didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't enjoy Salmon Run. I really don't enjoy horde modes in any game.

With my disliking of the mode and the horrible time schedule it's on... i REALLY wish you could earn the rewards from playing regular online multiplayer. Splatoon 2 could benefit hugely from post game random rewards or a FREE crate system.

It would be cool to earn random crate drops containing leveled pieces of clothing, ability chunks, drinks or snails etc. It's actually sort of unbelievable that a system like this isn't in the game.

DrArchon

Grillers are basically impossible if you make a single mistake. They're so much harder than other waves it's ridiculous. Maybe if they got rid of those fucking tiny fuckers killing you while you're looking up.

On Griller rounds, the guys with rollers need to understand it's their jobs to kill the smallfry and clean up after the grillers. I've seen roller guys flinging ink at the Grillers to get damage in and I'm just like "What are you doing?"

Aerosrpay and similar style weapons can help with this, but when the Griller starts spinning, they better get close in and fuck it up.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well i just ordered this game for 25 bucks.
Never got part 1 on my wii u.

I figured 25 bucks was about my limit for this game.
Will get ARMS when it drops to about 15

Can't wait to give splatoon 2 a shot.

-shadow-

25 bucks!? That's an amazing deal, enjoy it!

Fireblend

Banned

Damn, that's a good deal. Enjoy the game, it's great!

13ruce

Banned

Well i already have 100 hours for 60 so if you get a decent amount of play out of the game then you got it for a steal of a deal:p

Enjoy!

Branduil

Somehow finished a game with two straight high-tide waves. I think wave 2 was actually harder than wave 3, I had to blow both my Splashdowns for us to complete that.

Lgndryhr

I missed the splatfests due to personal reasons. Never played Splatoon before. Can anyone recommend this title? I am a first-person shooter and third-person shooter fan.

So glad I bought this game. I have been having a blast with it. Love how easy it is to pick up and play for short bursts. My only complaint is when first booting up having to watch that segment between Pearl and Marina. Rest of game flows well. I do wish we could switch gear and weapons between matches instead of having to back out of a lobby, but it isn't a huge problem. I have only played the multiplayer so far too. Look forward to getting around to the single player. Also, I do not play with motion controls and hold my own so far.

Salmon Run OMG
Two wipe outs sent me down to Profreshional 40.
Then in the next game the whole team wipes mid-way through WAVE 1!
I go from Profreshional 40 straight down to Overachiever 40. Oh man :'(

Doorman

I'm probably the only one who doesn't enjoy Salmon Run. I really don't enjoy horde modes in any game.

With my disliking of the mode and the horrible time schedule it's on... i REALLY wish you could earn the rewards from playing regular online multiplayer. Splatoon 2 could benefit hugely from post game random rewards or a FREE crate system.

It would be cool to earn random crate drops containing leveled pieces of clothing, ability chunks, drinks or snails etc. It's actually sort of unbelievable that a system like this isn't in the game.
I mean...the only really exclusive stuff you get from Salmon Run is the Grizzco gear, and that just gives you something with a random main ability so you're not missing out on much unless you really really wanted a kind of ugly polo shirt.

The Sean tickets are cool but I view them as kind of a make-up for the fact that the time you spend in Salmon Run isn't otherwise contributing to your EXP gain, so the food just kind of catches you back up to where you'd be if you'd been playing battles anyway. You can get by just fine without playing Run if you don't want to.

DrArchon

The Sean tickets are cool but I view them as kind of a make-up for the fact that the time you spend in Salmon Run isn't otherwise contributing to your EXP gain, so the food just kind of catches you back up to where you'd be if you'd been playing battles anyway. You can get by just fine without playing Run if you don't want to.

While that's true of the money and XP tickets, it's not of the skill XP tickets. SR is the only way to get those and if you want to really min/max your gear you better hope you get the tickets you want.

Granted sub-abilities are so minimal in terms of their impact that only the hardcore-est of the hardcore are going to care about min/maxing them, so if you really don't like SR then I agree that you can go ahead with ignoring it.

I mean...the only really exclusive stuff you get from Salmon Run is the Grizzco gear, and that just gives you something with a random main ability so you're not missing out on much unless you really really wanted a kind of ugly polo shirt.
Really not that hard to hit 200 on one of them over the course of a month either. Would understand more if it was the top prize, but otherwise it seems like if you really wanted the exclusive you could get it.

HeroR

You can also get tickets for drinks that makes grinding easier if you want a certain ability. Also, grinding for the shirts and hats not only give you money (4000 for blank clothing), but chucks. Again, useful if you're grinding for ability.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I finally got my first Super Bonus prize today and it was a Double XP ticket, which is awesome. Is it always a Double XP/Money prize or does it change up?

I wish SR gave you EXP too, it's a bummer it doesn't - it's my favorite mode. I know the prizes you win aren't super duper awesome or anything, but I enjoy playing it just for "fun" even if it doesn't really help my overall progression. It's FUN.

... I actually wish you had the option to go longer with 3 rounds. Sometimes I get into really good groups and wish we could keep on going. They need like a survival mode.

DrArchon

I finally got my first Super Bonus prize today and it was a Double XP ticket, which is awesome. Is it always a Double XP/Money prize or does it change up?

The super bonus can be a couple of things. I've gotten a couple of ability chunks from it, multiple drink tickets, last night I got 32k gold from one but that might be because I'm on the higher difficulties because I remember only getting 16k before.

Seriously, if you can get 1200 points per SR session you can make more money than you know what to do with. I made 75k gold last night in about an hour just by playing SR.

Lkr

Just started playing the other day and I'm addicted, what a quality game.

My big question is in ranked modes such as splat zones, how is the team standings at the end calculated?

My big question is in ranked modes such as splat zones, how is the team standings at the end calculated?
For ranked, it just lists players by their win rate for their last 10 ranked matches. The placements aren't really representative of how you did during the match you just played.

Also, welcome! And hope you'll have tons of fun :3

zenspider

No idea. At the end of Splatoon 1 it was based on wins in your last ten matches - whoever had the best win percentage stayed on top. Might be the same because I see no other pattern.

Lkr

For ranked, it just lists players by their win rate for their last 10 ranked matches. The placements aren't really representative of how you did during the match you just played.

Also, welcome! And hope you'll have tons of fun :3
Oh ok that was honestly confusing to me lol
The next thing I'm looking at is the battle stats on splatnet and there are 3 icons. One is kills, the last one is special and I have no idea what the middle one is for. Still on zones.

ryanofcall

Really tired of teammates who just die on wave 3 and don't bring any eggs.

still on on profreshional? It's awesome it's good, very good, and slightly bad people in your group. But the most important thing: No super stupid players.
Even though it's a lot harder, I wipe a lot less. If I wipe a few times anyway I always stop playing at Profreshional 10 or Profreshional 0 (will be resettet to Profreshional 40 on the next Salmon Run). I don't want to deal with bad players anymore /sorrynotsorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom