• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

audio_delay

Neo Member
We needed 3 more eggs and there were bosses around the basket. Team was alive and I was the only one who had used my specials. If someone wiped the bosses with a splashdown or two we could have taken it.

I was defending 12 eggs, we needed 10, and noone came... Some people just don't pay attention

HeroR

Had a good run at Salmon Run. Got to Professional 90, but then dropped to 50 after some bad luck. Only wiped twice on first wave, so that's good.

I also finished grinding Cold Blood. I'm one step closer to my ultimate sheath set. I just need to finished grinding Ink Saver to put on my Stealth Jump and I will probably grind for more Ink Resistance despite already having it on my hat. That or I may grind Swim Up to negate the speed Reduction of Ninja Squid. Having quite decided yet.

I am also reporting trolls who purposely throw games on the App. Hopefully Nintendo will ban these guys.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
tumblr_osoopb17Nf1vn1tbno4_400.gif

Can someone run this through the tumblr filter 20 more times. I can still see.

13ruce

Banned
High Tide final rounds in Salmon Run are the worst especially if multiple Steel Eels or Flyfish or Sting Ray Salmon appear.

Shit is super tense AF then.

Especially on Profreshional.

Branduil

God would it kill this game to give me decent teammates one fucking time. I am so fucking sick of seeing a dude playing charger and getting ZERO kills. I hate the people who designed this matchmaking so much.

_Clash_

God would it kill this game to give me decent teammates one fucking time. I am so fucking sick of seeing a dude playing charger and getting ZERO kills. I hate the people who designed this matchmaking so much.

I've seen your posts. Game is giving you some stress lol

Is your background competitive FPS?

Last night, i was on a team with 3 chargers. Im a carbon roller main. Im sure you can imagine how well that went.

At least i was on top of my team in points. Gotta look for the positives lol

Hojaho

Yep, whenever I have a charger player in my team (in ranked), I assume from the start it's going to be a loss. :(

Jintor

his background is anime

salmon run is pretty fun though i started the night at 40/99 profresh and ended at... 40/99 profresh.

i'm pretty sick of the same map tho tbh. need more variety.

Luigi87

his background is anime

salmon run is pretty fun though i started the night at 40/99 profresh and ended at... 40/99 profresh.

i'm pretty sick of the same map tho tbh. need more variety.
Yeah I seem to have difficulty getting past 40/99 profresh myself, lol

Jintor

what rank are you playing at where a charger on the other team doesn't have you diving for cover and sweating bullets whenever you see that fucking laserbeam

what rank are you playing at where a charger on the other team doesn't have you diving for cover and sweating bullets whenever you see that fucking laserbeam

Oh ive seen some great charger players that are infuriating to play against. But they are few and far between. Seems most i encounter are new to the weapon and are just learning.

I try and get better at charger on non ranked turf war occasionally. Last night, went up against a charger on the other team that was sniping me out of mid air, and terrorizing the rest of the map. It was awesome. A great charger is a wonderful thing. It is probably also the hardest thing to learn. That said, I stick my shitty charger play only in non ranked modes for the sake of everyone else.

How do you play an Aerospray and never use your special

Ive been seeing a lot of aero players lately get sub 500 points. I dont know how thats possible unless your dying a lot or just focusing on getting kills. When i played aero i was consistently hitting 900+ points easy. You cover so much ground with that thing its crazy.

Branduil

It's almost impossible to not at least get your special at the beginning of the game. It takes like 10 seconds at the start of the match with the Aerospray.

I hate Drizzlers at Marooner's Bay more than I do Flyfish at the wrong side of Spawning Grounds during high tide. They just launch missiles at the weirdest angles, making it next to impossible to hit, let alone send back for the quick kill. Whenever I do get a decent angle, half the time it manages to hit a wall because of the way it spirals. Then more bosses show up to make hitting the missile even harder, eventually forcing you to back off.

It's not very fun when the basket is constantly under an Ink Storm. :(

JavyOO7

Flingza roller is fun to use. I like the cute wind up when you use it vertically too... I think dynamo beats it by just a bit when it comes to how far you sling ink though.

Flingza roller is fun to use. I like the cute wind up when you use it vertically too... I think dynamo beats it by just a bit when it comes to how far you sling ink though.

Flingza isnt bad i find. But i hate the splash wall. Its too situational. Id rather have a standard grenade.

Griss

When you use one of those Crusty Sean tickets to increase exp and then lose your next 10 matches... lmao.

I'd say I have a less than 20% win rate right now. I lose 4 matches for every one I win. I'm still coming to grips with the game. Only just realised how specials work here at level 5, lol. No point in getting mad, it's a video game, it's supposed to be fun, and it IS fun.

At least Salmon Run is super easy to begin with. Not sure how difficulty scales there, but winning my first 20 or so games in a row was a piece of cake. The only hard ones are the ones where the tide goes all the way out and you can get shoved in the water easily.

Can't believe that I'm having so much fun that I'm ignoring the single player - when I bought the game I was thinking "Even if I don't play online (I usually don't) I'll enjoy the campaign."

-shadow-

So... How do you get more tickets for double experience? I've got all mine through the single player and never gave attention to other ways...

TheJoRu

Man, I love all the ranked modes so much. Tower Control is the only one I can sometimes feel frustrated by, because of how utterly ridiculously chaotic it can be on and around the tower. Being on the tower while some charger tries to find the exact spot where it might be able to hit you and feeling the fear of some crazy roller or brush player getting up there and brutally splatting you is the worst. Still a lot of fun though, most of the time.

The first game had better multiplayer music, they should add it back in in an update.

Shellfie was the best (came in a later update IIRC).

I like the new music too, though.

True Fire

Ive been seeing a lot of aero players lately get sub 500 points. I dont know how thats possible unless your dying a lot or just focusing on getting kills. When i played aero i was consistently hitting 900+ points easy. You cover so much ground with that thing its crazy.

Crappy players use Aero because the internet tells them it's the best weapon. Of course, crappy players are too busy painting corners or dying in enemy territory to use Aero to cover turf.

Wait until they find out Trislosher is actually the best weapon. So help me god.

Kenstar

Salmon run is really good right now. The Flingza is surprisingly good for splatting salmonids, I thought it was going to be awful when I saw it on the rotation, but it's totally competent once you start playing to its strengths.

Also, I want this as a hat

926dzsq70gez.png

you tryna give me flyfish ptsd?

Three flyfish at once and the rest of the team decides it's better to continue focusing every other thing on the map. That's a wrap!

I can see how this Salmon Run should be better with the weapons available but for some reason I'm really not feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom