• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

Rainmaker in Moray Towers is the best. Rarely a timeout in this stage because of the shortcut and the narrow path that is rainmaker-friendly.

13ruce

Banned
Lol now i am excitingly waiting for my monthly paycheck in a couple of weeks to buy some Splatoon clothes:p

Damn never thought i would be that excited for buying some clothes from a videogame.

correojon

Game's a bit weird now for me, shot my sploosher at point blank range against a guy and he didn't get hit once, when he should've taken more than enough hits to kill him. I thought that maybe I was aiming too low so startwd aiming a bit higher and the next match the same thing happened, I think it was a different guy this time. They didn't seem to be lagging, they moved normally and other shots hit them, their shots also worked as expected. Never had this happen to me before. I've had shots missed before due to lag or whatever, but not so many :/
Also in one of those matches I got oneshotted by a .52 gal at full health.

Sendou

Game's a bit weird now for me, shot my sploosher at point blank range against a guy and he didn't get hit once, when he should've taken more than enough hits to kill him. I thought that maybe I was aiming too low so startwd aiming a bit higher and the next match the same thing happened, I think it was a different guy this time. They didn't seem to be lagging, they moved normally and other shots hit them, their shots also worked as expected. Never had this happen to me before. I've had shots missed before due to lag or whatever, but not so many :/

Sploosh just has a lot of shot deviation. Lag like that doesn't exist because what you see on your screen is what counts.

Duffk1ng

Also in one of those matches I got oneshotted by a .52 gal at full health.

The game is very strange when it's lagging. I've had games where I've not had a single hitmarker, no kill notifications then checked in the app after and I had like 8 kills.

random25

This is the best I have done in quite a while. Dunno if I can do better. Went on a rampage at Rainmaker, 16-2 before the mode and map rotation. Great maps!

l3FgHbj.jpg

Need to try some random weapon other than my mains or seconds, just for fun.
This is what I've been doing since getting B in everything. My win/lose ratio has tanked to about 1:1 (was 36 and 14) but I've been having a lot of fun trying everything out. I never played the first one so there's a lot to explore for me.

That had to be the worse team I've been on in Turf Wars. I had 600 points more than the second place person on my team and the lowest person on our team had 200 points. Ughhh

The most heartbreaking thing is having one of your teammates DC and then lose by .1%

We were so close to glory. Hopefully the other team feels dirty at least :p

The most heartbreaking thing is having one of your teammates DC and then lose by .1%

We were so close to glory. Hopefully the other team feels dirty at least :p
It's so cool when you know you're down a player and still manage to win tho OwO It's plenty rare but it happens, but I have to be using a kit I really like in order to do so :p

Doorman

Need to try some random weapon other than my mains or seconds, just for fun.
As the Discord folks are well aware of, I probably spend more time experimenting with random stuff than I do actually playing my "main" weapons. Probably to my overall detriment. :p Remember kids, do dabble, but do so in moderation!

Speaking of weird experiments: the Flinga Roller. I was trying it out last night for a little while just for kicks. I find the moveset intriguing, but maybe just a tad too slow to be that useful in higher octane matches. The flicks are kinda slow, the wall is slow to actually deploy, even the bomb launcher feels a little slower than in the first game if you want to charge lobs for distance. Definitely feels like a very defensive, patient type, better for defending territory than taking any. I wonder how other people feel about it? Maybe in terms of comparing it to other rollers, since I know the class in general has taken a lot of hits overall between games.

Neiteio

Feeling burned out on Splatoon 2 after Splatfest and maxing out my slots. Not complaining, though. I still had an amazing time with this game and it's probably my No. 3 or No. 4 overall so far after BotW, REVII and/or Nioh.

Hopefully Nintendo will roll out some major content updates soon, for both this and ARMS. I'm talking new fighters/stages/weapons in ARMS, and new weapons and stages in Splatoon 2.

13ruce

Banned
While looking online a found a Ocarina of Time link amiibo back in stock on a webhop for a reasonable price and i also ordered that limegreen inkling girl cuz i wanted that one too:p

Damn so happy i atleast never have to pay scalpers for that ocarina one (50 euro's wich is insane) >.>

And now i will have that green inkling girl too tommorow:p i know it has the same amiibo features as the orange one but the recolour looks so nice.

(btw if you are dutch some Zelda amiibo are back in stock at Nedgame)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is there's a good place to order Splatoon-inspired actual clothing yet? Preferrably Euro/International shipping?

jnWake

Started playing ranked a few days ago and the new system confuses me so much haha. It was nice going from C- to B-/B right away tho.

ChrisD

Nothing, I just like the classic setup with Ink Resistance and the Rockenburg brand. Putting Drop Roller on them feels like it's ruining the boots.

Although I'm probably just being nostalgic. Man, everyone was wearing those boots back in the first splatoon for awhile.

Oh, that's cool. Yeah, Ink Res is all I'll ever be able to associate with Blue Moto. I thought you were just saying don't wear them, to which my own nostalgia took offense. :p

Feeling burned out on Splatoon 2 after Splatfest and maxing out my slots. Not complaining, though. I still had an amazing time with this game and it's probably my No. 3 or No. 4 overall so far after BotW, REVII and/or Nioh.

Hopefully Nintendo will roll out some major content updates soon, for both this and ARMS. I'm talking new fighters/stages/weapons in ARMS, and new weapons and stages in Splatoon 2.

Certainly feels like we're due a new stage by this point. Even a returning stage would be nice. Can't remember exact times in Splatoon 1, but I could have sworn Kelp Dome showed up within the first three weeks. Though I may just be imagining things.

Doorman

A mew map drop tomorrow would be grand, but I feel like we would have heard some word about that by now if it were happening.

More likely, at least in my mind, is that we may get the brella tomorrow. If not that, maybe two returning weapons or two brand variants.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You know regardless of how restrictive the online can feel at times, I have to give Splatoon 2 massive props for being the complete package.

Fully fledged single player campaign complete with special bosses

Competitive multiplayer mode with tons to unlock

Addictive coop mode with many unique enemies.

Theres a ton of value here and I would recommend it to everyone because theres something for everyone: campaign, competitive and cooperative.

Mutant

They can add as many guns and maps they want, but what's burning me out is how restricted the access of the content is.

There could be 20 maps, but I'll be playing the same one in the same mode over and over.

Only complaint about Salmon Run is that when you clear the quota, there's no real danger or consequences. You just go around shooting down Salmon until the timer runs out.

Of course you gotta stay alive, but if you have a good team its a cakewalk

Certainly feels like we're due a new stage by this point. Even a returning stage would be nice. Can't remember exact times in Splatoon 1, but I could have sworn Kelp Dome showed up within the first three weeks. Though I may just be imagining things.
Port Mackerel was the first, exactly one week after release. Kelp Dome was 5 days later.

It's worth noting that Kelp Dome was complete enough at release to be included as one of the single-player stages. I believe data-mining revealed that the 2 unreleased stages shown off are still incomplete, but I may be wrong on that.

correojon

Sploosh just has a lot of shot deviation. Lag like that doesn't exist because what you see on your screen is what counts.
It wasn't because of deviation, I was on top of the guys both times. It was like my shots just passed through them and failed to register, like they weren't there.

pringles

They can add as many guns and maps they want, but what's burning me out is how restricted the access of the content is.

There could be 20 maps, but I'll be playing the same one in the same mode over and over.
Don't you mean you can't play the same one on the same mode over and over?

Sendou

It wasn't because of deviation, I was on top of the guys both times. It was like my shots just passed through them and failed to register, like they weren't there.

Like they're below you? You're not gonna hit anyone with a Sploosh like that. I recommend trying it out in the test range to see how it works. There really isn't any kind of lag in this game where the shots would connect on your screen but you aren't getting hit markers.

Geg

The ๖ۜBronx;245853188 said:
Yep, think of it like the difficulty. I'm at 180% and have quite a few hairy rounds trying to stay alive when the team is down. I hear 200% is the threshold for 'hard'

Here's 345% though I think it plateaus at some point before that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CZ_YZaHQ8

Yeah maybe it stops around 300%? Yesterday playing with friends we got our pay grades up to about 240~250% and the highest our quota amount got to was 18.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

It'll happen with any game when you play a lot in a short amount of time.

Perfect time to try a new game. Then you'll miss Splatoon2 and want to come back yourself.

Neiteio

It'll happen with any game when you play a lot in a short amount of time.

Perfect time to try a new game. Then you'll miss Splatoon2 and want to come back yourself.
I haven't cracked open my copies of Dark Souls 3 or Deus Ex: MD or Last Guardian or Nier Automata yet... Mainly because I only feel like playing my Switch, lol.

bumpkin

Yes, in three hours.
Awww yeah, I can watch my pay grade drop even more!

I seriously feel like I keep getting matched with randoms who didn't take a single thing covered in the tutorial to heart. They seem to not even try to kill the boss salmonids correctly resulting in us all getting massacred.

I also wish they'd do away with the random weapon selections each wave. We should get to take our standard load outs with us every single time. Some of those weapons are borderline useless in particular situations.

Jims

Using the Splatling in the story mode made me hate that gun, and the first time I had to use the Mini, I'm like "Well this can't be that bad at least." Dead wrong.

I guess to be fair, I've never been great with the Mini. It just seems particularly weak in a horde mode like this one. It doesn't have as much stamina as a Splattershot or NZaps to take on waves of foes. Can't kill am umbrella guy on its own in one flip.

At least the Heavy Splatling can kill Steelheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom