• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Zing

Banned
Playing turf wars with randoms is tough. I had two rollers on my team that played O.G. Style of just rolling blindly without ever splatting and being easy targets.

J@hranimo

Banned
CMZwkYk.jpg

Man that white jacket and red and white jacket on the end are nice!

They need to stop jacking my style of wearing the helmet and other gear lol.

DaBoss

Some Ika Musume gear details translated by someone else.

Headgear:
Cost - 1600
Ability - Opening Gambit

Clothing:
Cost - 2000
Ability - Damage Up

Shoes:
Cost - 1700
Ability - Swim Speed Up

All of them are 2-star gear. The brand is "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" (Invade! Squid Girl).

Geg

Get ready for ika musume snipers

edit: Japanese names of the equipment are just Ika Musume Hood, Ika Musume Sleeveless, and Ika Musume Shoes

Zing

Banned
Apparently, Sploosh loses to Aerospray.

I don't know why I keep trying to use beakons in public matches. Sometimes I wonder if my teammates have broken gamepad screens.

Having fun trying different builds though. I am testing a stealth jump Aerospray quick respawn setup.

Vecks

Those abilities look good enough for me. As long as there is no special saver (or something really situational like Recon), I can get some use out of it.

Vecks

I don't know why I keep trying to use beakons in public matches. Sometimes I wonder if my teammates have broken gamepad screens.

That reminds me of the horrible experience last night of dealing with Guysloth's beakons in arowana mall. He'd just stick them in places you normally don't look, and my team just kept ignoring them while he was pretty much spawn camping the entire time. Every time somebody killed him, he'd be right back and nobody was helping me clear out the beakons. :(

Geg

That reminds me of the horrible experience last night of dealing with Guysloth's beakons in arowana mall. He'd just stick them in places you normally don't look, and my team just kept ignoring them while he was pretty much spawn camping the entire time. Every time somebody killed him, he'd be right back and nobody was helping me clear out the beakons. :(

It's because he had the triple quick respawn hiro gear lmao. Both him and SM were wearing it

Vecks

It's because he had the triple quick respawn hiro gear lmao. Both him and SM were wearing it

It was the worst when both of them were on the same team. Whenever that happened, I decided to just stay at the spawn and fight forever.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Some Ika Musume gear details translated by someone else.

Headgear:
Cost - 1600
Ability - Opening Gambit

Clothing:
Cost - 2000
Ability - Damage Up

Shoes:
Cost - 1700
Ability - Swim Speed Up

All of them are 2-star gear. The brand is "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" (Invade! Squid Girl).

I just saw the scans for ika musume outfit, and they're freakin adorable. Please tell me we're getting this in the update too?

It was the worst when both of them were on the same team. Whenever that happened, I decided to just stay at the spawn and fight forever.

Don't worry, if i played in the same room, I would hunt down all of their beacons. it's the right thing to do.
if I'm on their team though, good luck, because I'll be putting my beacons along with them LOL

Zing

Banned
This isn't even fun. My teammates are literally doing nothing. I hold an area but get jumped from behind because three people can't hold one side.

SM239

That was something. I think Sloth and I just said F it and wanted to see if we could spawn trap or at least take the base. lol

Also the bubbler can be funny for jumping to places you know aren't safe. I bubbler jumped to Sloth yesterday like 3 times and each time Walkman was waiting sniper charged only to shoot the bubble and get Splatted by the Jr. lol

Nico_D

I hold an area but get jumped from behind because three people can't hold one side.

I wish my team mates even tried that. No, they just paint around. Not defending, not attacking. And when I attack and I think they're keeping my back or sides.. they're nowhere.

This isn't even fun. My teammates are literally doing nothing. I hold an area but get jumped from behind because three people can't hold one side.
I've been getting this lately in Gaf games too. Really not sure what I can do about it. Used to be I just tell myself "Do your best! Work with the teammates you have!" but that's not working as much nowadays.

Zing

Banned
Splat three enemies on Mackarel... Charge into their side and look at map to see the rest of my team has actually retreated into our base to ink a few splotches.

I've been getting this lately in Gaf games too. Really not sure what I can do about it. Used to be I just tell myself "Do your best! Work with the teammates you have!" but that's not working as much nowadays.
The problem is the huge gap in skill. Matches with half GAF and half non-GAF are essentially decided at the start. Whichever team has the most random players loses. The matches at night with almost all GAF are perfect. I also have no problem at A/A+ ranked.

Going to eat lunch then try again.

nom

Yeah this is the problem when it's a GAF room but not a full GAF room, it takes just one low level random to mess up the balance. They always seem to stick around too.

WALKMAN04

That was something. I think Sloth and I just said F it and wanted to see if we could spawn trap or at least take the base. lol

Also the bubbler can be funny for jumping to places you know aren't safe. I bubbler jumped to Sloth yesterday like 3 times and each time Walkman was waiting sniper charged only to shoot the bubble and get Splatted by the Jr. lol
Don't remind me lol, it is kind of hard though to chase down two people with a charger though, and every time I killed one of you the other would stall until he got back lol. I was also having an off day aiming but I'll get you both next time

Splat three enemies on Mackarel... Charge into their side and look at map to see the rest of my team has actually retreated into our base to ink a few splotches.

The problem is the huge gap in skill. Matches with half GAF and half non-GAF are essentially decided at the start. Whichever team has the most random players loses. The matches at night with almost all GAF are perfect. I also have no problem at A/A+ ranked.

Going to eat lunch then try again.
Heh tell me about it :) the last game I played last night was on Moray Towers. At some point nobody could land a kill on James. I'd hit him 2 or 3 times with a jet squelcher, die, and my ally RIGHT NEXT TO ME would aim off somewhere and die to him. And this happened multiple times, with each ally. We all got pushed back to spawn because my team couldn't handle 1 player.

It wasn't fun having those players on my team, it wasn't going to be fun playing against those players either. And that wasn't the first time that sort of scenario played out that night either.

Azure J

I'm still mad I fell for the 50/50 mi up that was you and Sloth alternating when you were in my base on mall last night. Rushing down "Sloth" only to get bubbler countered was one part genius on your end and one part humbling on mine. :lol

Mellopillow

Neo Member
I'm still mad I fell for the 50/50 mi up that was you and Sloth alternating when you were in my base on mall last night. Rushing down "Sloth" only to get bubbler countered was one part genius on your end and one part humbling on mine. :lol
Were they rocking the same clothes or something? If so, that's genius... And it gave me an idea lol

DaBoss

Honestly, the only time where I consistently feel like my random teammates do well is when I join a random Turf War lobby. When I check the plaza with people I played with in the last match, they're usually A+ players just playing Turf War.

Pretty much 30-40% of the GAF and Ranked matches are a crap-shoot for me because of randoms, which is disappointing.

Here's the scan since no one has linked it on this thread yet. Looks pretty good but it might not look good on the guy. The abilities are meh as well, at least for my builds.

The guy version is hilarious, but I might have to switch to girl for a bit for this.

Oh yeah, Neogaf has a rule against posting scans or something.

Honestly, the only time where I consistently feel like my teammates do well is when I join a random Turf War lobby. When I check the plaza with people I played with in the last match, they're usually A+ players just playing Turf War.

Pretty much 30-40% of the GAF and Ranked matches are a crap-shoot for me, which is disappointing.

How do you mean? Everyone goes and does their own thing or something?

TBH I hope that costume does make it to the other regions because seriously, i'm tired of Nintendo games always having Japan exclusive bullshit (looking at you Animal Crossing). And yeah I know they don't want to pay the costs of licensing but I mean if they're not gonna do that then make something exclusive for the other markets then .

TBH I hope that costume does make it to the other regions because seriously, i'm tired of Nintendo games always having Japan exclusive bullshit (looking at you Animal Crossing). And yeah I know they don't want to pay the costs of licensing but I mean if they're not gonna do that then make something exclusive for the other markets then .

If it doesn't make it here, then what will it appear as on our screen? The beginning clothes?

Geg

Michael_Jordan.png

#NoBeakons
:mad:

Though I guess if this continues it'll force me to develop a habit of constantly looking at my map to be aware of inkstrikes happening which will probably help me out in the long run

How would it even work if Japan gets it and no one else does I wonder? Would we still be able to see them wearing it?

DaBoss

How do you mean? Everyone goes and does their own thing or something?
I meant the randoms in the GAF rooms. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

They're not that great most of the time, but usually they can be carried or something by your team, but at other times they can't.

Heng

If they don't let other regions have it, I'm sure miiverse will explode with everyone asking for it. It would be dumb not to let us have it if we can see japanese players wearing it.

atr0cious

Honestly, the only time where I consistently feel like my teammates do well is when I join a random Turf War lobby. When I check the plaza with people I played with in the last match, they're usually A+ players just playing Turf War.

Pretty much 30-40% of the GAF and Ranked matches are a crap-shoot for me, which is disappointing.

Agree with this. Some of the best games I've had are against gaf are when I have the team of randoms. I think gaf rooms make some people think they have to style hard with their weapon, and sometimes that mentality locks them out of the larger works at play. This really shows up in lopsided games, where one team gets to "the position" first, and then everyone kind of goes textbook and don't really think about anything else. Ending in just cycles of death and frustration.

Although I'm not ranked enough to experience good teammates.

If it doesn't make it here, then what will it appear as on our screen? The beginning clothes?

How would it even work if Japan gets it and no one else does I wonder? Would we still be able to see them wearing it?

If they don't let other regions have it, I'm sure miiverse will explode with everyone asking for it. It would be dumb not to let us have it if we can see japanese players wearing it.

Well they only show the generic splatfest tees when you play with other people so it wouldn't much of a stretch I guess. And yeah i'd bet the verse would explode.

foltzie1

I meant the randoms in the GAF rooms. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

They're not that great most of the time, but usually they can be carried or something by your team, but at other times they can't.

Is carrying other team members why they added a bucket?

Well I got really salty in my previous posts, but if I'm doing anything wrong or if there's anything I can improve on I would like to hear about that as well.

At least last night for the few matches before I left on Moray Towers, I was going 0/5 and 1/4 or whatever for the longest time, and it was clear I was getting myself into too much trouble and not helping the team that way. So I decided to stop going past the middle at all unless I had kraken and only stayed on our team's sniper perch. The good news was that I didn't play against E-Liters that night, otherwise I would be fucking done. I can still shoot into the middle and hit enemies without getting counter-sniped by the Charger across the middle, and allies could jump to me often. I brought my death count down and felt I made an improvement.

(And then that last match on Moray Towers happened lol.)

Top Bottom